PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - Size Matters

MeAndUnique
January 11th, 2022, 06:32
Current Version: 1.1.0

Size Matters is intended to work with any ruleset based on CoreRPG. The SPACE and REACH based effects below are system agnostic, applying specifically to the token. The SIZE effects below make certain assumptions about how the ruleset handles size categories. Support is verified for D&D 5E to account for SIZE changes with encumbrance and IF: SIZE() conditional effects. Mileage for other rulesets may vary.

The following effects have been added:

SIZE: n - Adjusts the bearer n number of size increments. E.g. "SIZE: 2" will turn a small creature into a large creature.
SIZE: size - Makes the bearer the given size. The allowed values for size are determined by the ruleset (for any ruleset that uses "DataCommon.creaturesize").
SPACE: n - Sets the bearer's space to n, using the ruleset's unit of distance.
ADDSPACE: n - Adds n to the bearer's reach, using the ruleset's unit of distance.
REACH: n - Sets the bearer's reach to n, using the ruleset's unit of distance.
ADDREACH: n - Adds n to the bearer's reach, using the ruleset's unit of distance.

Check it out on The Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/455/view) or at GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/SizeMatters) and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
Hope it helps!

If you wish to buy me a coffee (https://ko-fi.com/meandunique), I would be extremely grateful. Though please don't feel any pressure or obligation to do so!

MrDDT
January 11th, 2022, 06:57
Wee doggie!

damned
January 11th, 2022, 11:47
Nice work!

nephranka
January 11th, 2022, 12:01
Very cool! Already pressed into service!

mattekure
January 11th, 2022, 16:07
Ran into a bug. In a new 5e campaign with only this loaded, I added an ancient dragon and when the extension is loaded, the space is set to a 5' square. No effects were applied

*fixed* thanks

MeAndUnique
January 11th, 2022, 23:56
Released version 1.0.1 which better handles capitalization of creature size.

MrDDT
January 12th, 2022, 17:35
Thanks for the quick update.

MeAndUnique
January 13th, 2022, 05:02
Released version 1.0.2 which is an infrastructure adjustment that cleans up some intermittent console spam.

eporrini
January 18th, 2022, 14:10
Can this dictate token size? I am looking for an extension that can set token size for PC/NPC when placed on the map, it's a pain to have to manually scale down tokens for small and tiny creatures. If not, perhaps it's something you can consider adding as it's size related.

MrDDT
January 18th, 2022, 16:12
Can this dictate token size? I am looking for an extension that can set token size for PC/NPC when placed on the map, it's a pain to have to manually scale down tokens for small and tiny creatures. If not, perhaps it's something you can consider adding as it's size related.

It's already there, just put the size you want on the effect.

Also FYI you can do this manually in the CT.

eporrini
January 18th, 2022, 17:06
It's already there, just put the size you want on the effect.

Also FYI you can do this manually in the CT.

Can someone show me how the syntax would look to size a small and tiny creature with the effect? I can't seem to get the token to size correctly when dropping it onto a map.

MrDDT
January 18th, 2022, 17:15
Can someone show me how the syntax would look to size a small and tiny creature with the effect? I can't seem to get the token to size correctly when dropping it onto a map.

Small, and Tiny use the same size as Medium 1 square.

code for it would be "SIZE: tiny" or "SIZE: small" or "SIZE: medium"

So it's not going to change the size of a medium token to a smaller token. It does change it for effects that look for size though, like if you have something where it will look for IFT: SIZE>M it will see that Small as being less than.

Are you wanting to use like 1/4 size per square or something? As this is not normal rules.

eporrini
January 18th, 2022, 17:31
I want the physical token to be sized appropriately to creature size. I size down my small creature tokens 3 scroll wheel turns and tiny creatures 5 turns manually. Yes, they occupy the same 5' square in the center, but from an appearance standpoint seeing a Goliath and a halfling as the same sized token doesn't add up. I am guessing others are self-sizing their smaller tokens as well?

MrDDT
January 18th, 2022, 17:37
I want the physical token to be sized appropriately to creature size. I size down my small creature tokens 3 scroll wheel turns and tiny creatures 5 turns manually. Yes, they occupy the same 5' square in the center, but from an appearance standpoint seeing a Goliath and a halfling as the same sized token doesn't add up. I am guessing others are self-sizing their smaller tokens as well?

This isn't really supported in the ruleset. You can just make the token size smaller for those creatures in the token itself, where you have inviso space around it and make the token really tiny looking. However, the ruleset still would see that space as used.

This would also be problem for having 2 of these tiny tokens (even if you size the token down) in the same space.

MeAndUnique
January 18th, 2022, 20:51
Well, some rulesets may have different ways of handling various sizes. Size Matters taps into the ruleset by design for that sort of thing. That said, I can give some thought to how to implement a way to customize token scaling based on size. No promises on any timeline though, or even that I'll be able to come up with a solution that is workable.

eporrini
March 16th, 2022, 19:33
Unfortunately after today's updates, 5e is throwing an error that I have isolated to this extension. For me, it's happening when I open an inventory tab on a PC, it may be generated other ways as well, not sure.

You also get the error after closing out the campaign.

[3/16/2022 2:23:22 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_size.lua"]:56: table index is nil
[3/16/2022 2:26:05 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_size.lua"]:60: table index is nil
[3/16/2022 2:26:08 PM] Destroying match
[3/16/2022 2:26:08 PM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[3/16/2022 2:26:09 PM] Launcher scene starting.

mattekure
March 16th, 2022, 20:30
I can also replicate this.

BlazingAzureCrow
March 17th, 2022, 04:55
I can also replicate this.

Ditto.

MeAndUnique
March 17th, 2022, 05:07
Thanks for reporting/verifying, and sorry for the inconvenience! I'll get this fixed ASAP!

MeAndUnique
March 17th, 2022, 17:02
Just released version 1.0.3 which fixes the inventory error.

MeAndUnique
May 21st, 2022, 21:21
A number of users have requested to be able to toss a coin my way so I have created a page for them to do so and added a link to the first post. Please feel no obligation to do so though!

MeAndUnique
July 11th, 2022, 18:03
Just released version 1.0.4 which fixes a bug resulting in errors being occasional thrown for players upon first connection.

Naxyr
December 2nd, 2022, 21:05
One of my players is enlarged so I set him up at "SIZE: large" for use with Generic Actions addon. It doesn't seem to be an issue on their side but my player is unable to grapple due to the program still listing him as "medium". See attached screenshot and link:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59341-Generic-Actions-extension-for-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-5E-ruleset/page20

Naxyr
December 2nd, 2022, 21:44
This was user error on my part.

By changing the size to "Large" on the notes tab in 5e for the character, it made the addon work.

MeAndUnique
December 2nd, 2022, 22:14
Glad to hear everything is working now :)

nephranka
January 26th, 2023, 13:46
I know it is early but it looks like this ext is throwing some errors on TEST. I figure you most likely already know.

MeAndUnique
January 26th, 2023, 18:43
I've been working through TEST changes as I have time, hadn't gotten to this one yet, so thanks for the heads up. If you have the error text and steps to produce it readily available that would be helpful as well, though given the nature of the changes on TEST I would guess it should be pretty easy to find em.

nephranka
January 26th, 2023, 18:57
I've been working through TEST changes as I have time, hadn't gotten to this one yet, so thanks for the heads up. If you have the error text and steps to produce it readily available that would be helpful as well, though given the nature of the changes on TEST I would guess it should be pretty easy to find em.

On Boot, opening CT, character sheet or any tab:

[1/26/2023 1:55:03 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "SizeMatters:scripts/manager_size.lua"]:51: getValue: Invalid parameter 2

MeAndUnique
January 26th, 2023, 20:59
On Boot, opening CT, character sheet or any tab:

[1/26/2023 1:55:03 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "SizeMatters:scripts/manager_size.lua"]:51: getValue: Invalid parameter 2

Awesome, thank you!

MeAndUnique
February 4th, 2023, 19:47
Version 1.1.0-rc1 is up on TEST and should fix the above error.

MeAndUnique
February 23rd, 2023, 21:20
Version 1.1.0 is now live.

nephranka
February 23rd, 2023, 21:40
Updated and I saw lots of:
[2/23/2023 4:38:17 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "SizeMatters:scripts/manager_size.lua"]:51: getValue: Invalid parameter 2
On load and opening a sheet.

MeAndUnique
February 23rd, 2023, 21:53
Update a saw lots of:
[2/23/2023 4:38:17 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "SizeMatters:scripts/manager_size.lua"]:51: getValue: Invalid parameter 2
On load and opening a sheet.

Did you run an update after my above post to make sure the latest version of Size Matters is installed? If so, I am unable to reproduce the error in a clean campaign with only Size Matters loaded and so would need specific steps to reproduce the error in order to address it.

nephranka
February 23rd, 2023, 21:57
Did you run an update after my above post to make sure the latest version of Size Matters is installed? If so, I am unable to reproduce the error in a clean campaign with only Size Matters loaded and so would need specific steps to reproduce the error in order to address it.

I will do some digging....everything was fine prior to the update.
Version: 1.0.5....going to get the new one.

nephranka
February 23rd, 2023, 22:02
Just a timing issue with the updates. All good. Sorry for the false alarm.

Hjorimir
February 25th, 2023, 13:50
There's an odd effect in the AD&D 2e ruleset. If I use SIZE:1 (to make the creature take up a 2x2 space), I get the red aura correctly. However, the token is small (as it is meant for a single square only). But an interesting thing is that if you toggle the effect on and off, the token updates to be sized appropriately. Any chance you could look at the sequencing here so that effect doesn't need to be toggled? Thanks!

MeAndUnique
February 26th, 2023, 04:58
There's an odd effect in the AD&D 2e ruleset. If I use SIZE:1 (to make the creature take up a 2x2 space), I get the red aura correctly. However, the token is small (as it is meant for a single square only). But an interesting thing is that if you toggle the effect on and off, the token updates to be sized appropriately. Any chance you could look at the sequencing here so that effect doesn't need to be toggled? Thanks!

I'll first qualify this with the fact that I am not familiar with the 2e ruleset in FG, so I could be missing something obvious. That said, I created a new 2e campaign with only Size Matters loaded as an extension and everything seemed to be working fine. The only potential quirk is that it would appear that the ruleset is set up so that effects are not processed live as they are typed in manually on the CT, they are processed when the text field loses focus.

Perhaps there is something I am not understanding, in which case a bit more step by step detail in how to create the problem with a new campaign would be helpful. Otherwise it is possible that there could be a conflict with another extension, in which case I'd be happy to work with the author of that extension to figure out a fix if you can narrow down which extension is in conflict.

Hjorimir
February 26th, 2023, 08:35
Hopefully this helps explain better. This is from a newly created 2e D&D campaign and the only extension loaded is Size Matters. I've attached an image with red circles around the elements I'll be discussing here.
1) In 2e, you can add an effect directly to an NPC form (called "Effects Features"). In this case, I've added SIZE: 1, which will increase the size of the NPC from 1 square to 2x2 squares. This effect is automatically added to the NPC when it is added to the Combat Tracker.
2) To the right here, you see two goblins with this effect. The topmost is how it appears when first added to the battle map. You see the red zone indicates that it's a 2x2 monster, but the token itself remains small. The second is what it looks like if you toggle the effect off and then back on again in the Combat Tracker. This is really what it should be like when initially placed I feel.

MeAndUnique
February 26th, 2023, 12:01
Hopefully this helps explain better. This is from a newly created 2e D&D campaign and the only extension loaded is Size Matters. I've attached an image with red circles around the elements I'll be discussing here.
1) In 2e, you can add an effect directly to an NPC form (called "Effects Features"). In this case, I've added SIZE: 1, which will increase the size of the NPC from 1 square to 2x2 squares. This effect is automatically added to the NPC when it is added to the Combat Tracker.
2) To the right here, you see two goblins with this effect. The topmost is how it appears when first added to the battle map. You see the red zone indicates that it's a 2x2 monster, but the token itself remains small. The second is what it looks like if you toggle the effect off and then back on again in the Combat Tracker. This is really what it should be like when initially placed I feel.

Ah, ok, I understand the problem more clearly now. Yeah that is something I'm happy to take a look at.

Hjorimir
February 26th, 2023, 16:50
Thank you!

Hjorimir
March 6th, 2023, 19:46
It's been a little over a week, so I thought I'd circle back to see if you have had a chance to look at this yet.

MeAndUnique
March 7th, 2023, 18:24
It's been a little over a week, so I thought I'd circle back to see if you have had a chance to look at this yet.

I have taken a look at it, though I haven't worked out a solution yet as it is resulting from the timing of how fairly complex ruleset subsystems interact with each other and it makes a tricky needle to thread. Also, I have been swamped from my day job which is limiting the amount of time and energy I have to keep up with FG for the past few weeks (though next week is a looking like a bright light at the end of the tunnel, so fingers crossed).

Hjorimir
March 7th, 2023, 20:00
No pressure! Just thought I'd circle back is all. Hope things slow down for you soon!

Sayis
March 26th, 2023, 22:28
I keep getting a similar error.

"Script execution error: [string"SizeMatters:scripts/manager_size.lua"]:51 getValue: Invalid parameter 2

And it just keeps repeating.

MeAndUnique
March 29th, 2023, 15:17
I keep getting a similar error.

"Script execution error: [string"SizeMatters:scripts/manager_size.lua"]:51 getValue: Invalid parameter 2

And it just keeps repeating.

This sounds like the extension hasn't been updated to version 1.1.0, which should have fixed this error. If you are on the latest version then I will need some steps to reproduce the error in a clean campaign with only Size Matters loaded, since I cannot reproduce it myself.

Morenu
January 27th, 2024, 00:09
Ignore, I was incorrect

Morquendel
February 22nd, 2024, 20:15
While loding i get a
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "SizeMatters:scripts/manager_token_sm.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'addSpaceChangedHandler' (a nil value)
and when hovering over token on the battlemap or the combat tracker i get
Getting [ERROR] Script execution error:[string "SizeMatters:scripts/manager_token_sm.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'swapSpaceReach' (a nil value)

everything updatet and system is PFRPG 1e
any clue?
seems to be related to
"Feature: Size Changes" addon. if just using it without that one, getting no errors.