PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Wizard - Deleting Vertical Tabs

Seran
January 8th, 2022, 19:23
Just want to say first off I love this extension. It makes it manageable for a derp like me to create a ruleset from scratch.

I have most of the systems fields set up and good to go.

However, I was wondering if there was an easy way to get rid of the default vertical tabs as they are cumbersome and not needed since I am using horizontal tabs.

damned
January 8th, 2022, 22:11
On charsheet add a custom control off the edge of the page. call it "tabs" and merge="delete". Set it to invisible="true". That should hopefully nuke it.
What are you building?

Seran
January 9th, 2022, 02:39
Oh hey Damned! I'm actually following your video series to learn to use the program. It's been very insightful, and the tool is fun to mess around with.

I'm working on personal system. It's not very complicated, but it helps serve the purpose of helping me get my feet wet. I dream of one day getting a good Burning Wheel ruleset made for FG.

Ruleset Wizard Pic: 50860
Fantasy Grounds Window: 50861

Did I fill out the custom control parameters wrong?

damned
January 9th, 2022, 02:52
The tabs are on charsheet not on the subwindows.
You will need to also make a charsheet windowclass.

Seran
January 17th, 2022, 23:14
I've been messing around with it, but I seem to be making some critical errors. Is there a ruleset that is just main with 5 blank tabs? The default tabs are a hindrance and are the only thing impeding my progress. I'm pretty "code stupid" and don't understand the difference between window class and subwindow.

damned
January 17th, 2022, 23:57
Hi Seran,

Everything is built on top of CoreRPG.
Load up a new Campaign in FGU and select CoreRPG as the ruleset.
You will see all the "default" stuff.
It can all be stripped away but most of it is really useful stuff.
The character sheet is the one you will make the most changes to - and you very likely will remove one or more tabs.

Have you watched any of the video series I have done on building a ruleset.
I think there are 4 series there that show the whole process.

psicodelix
January 18th, 2022, 07:21
I've been messing around with it, but I seem to be making some critical errors. Is there a ruleset that is just main with 5 blank tabs? The default tabs are a hindrance and are the only thing impeding my progress. I'm pretty "code stupid" and don't understand the difference between window class and subwindow.

you can open the Charsheet template project in the RSW install directory (make a copy first). It contains the whole structure of the core character sheet. With it you can test and it will help you to better understand how it is built.

You can also take a look at the Ruleset Wizard Demo project, which contains an alternative implementation of the character sheet.

samucaroli
April 2nd, 2024, 14:35
On charsheet add a custom control off the edge of the page. call it "tabs" and merge="delete". Set it to invisible="true". That should hopefully nuke it.
What are you building?

I have a similar question. I want to delete all vertical tabs. My system is very simple and a single page is enough. I am unable to remove the vertical tabs. Could you help me by being more descriptive?

damned
April 2nd, 2024, 14:43
In its simplest form create a new window "charsheet" and do not merge.
Add all the elements you want to this one window.

samucaroli
April 2nd, 2024, 15:23

I wasn't able to. See what I have:
https://i.ibb.co/hMpHVq0/Captura-de-tela-2024-04-02-112016.png

samucaroli
April 2nd, 2024, 15:55

I want to maintain the main tab layout with portrait, name, token, etc. I just want to delete (or ocult) the rest of the tabs. This way I maintain the standard.

damned
April 3rd, 2024, 13:08
Try these

samucaroli
April 3rd, 2024, 14:02
Try these

Thank you for taking the time to help me! It's exactly like that, but I still need to add some elements. It's a layout for my own RPG system and setting. The form is very simple and fits everything on a single page. I could use PoorCore, but it would be much more beautiful with the fields organized and available to my players. I checked and you sent the RW file, but my version is the demo. I still don't have enough financial resources to purchase it. It would be an international purchase, due to the conversion, would pay 6x the value of the program. At the moment, still too expensive for me, but I really appreciate you helping me. I'll save the files!

damned
April 3rd, 2024, 14:09
You can edit the PAK file directly.
You can probably grab info from PoorCore as well.

damned
April 3rd, 2024, 14:12
You might also try XCore.