PDA

View Full Version : Center Button Issue

Olmac1
January 6th, 2022, 04:09
I hope this is the right place for this.

Since the last update, my center button does not to scroll the map. Any help with this would be appropriated.

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2022, 04:43
Can you show be a screen clip of the center button you are talking about?
(Windows key + Shift + S on Windows computers)

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
January 6th, 2022, 05:20
Middle mouse button?

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2022, 07:16
It's working for me on my machine; scrolling image with the middle mouse button.

Have you tried a reboot to make sure everything is reset on your machine?
Have you tried checking any drivers that manage mouse interactions?
Do you have any overlays running (Steam, XBox, Twitch, etc.)?

Regards,
JPG

gbhenderson
January 6th, 2022, 16:25
I think they're talking about the 4 arrow button that appears at the bottom right corner of an image. Mine doesn't work either, but I haven't used it in ages.

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2022, 21:00
The scroller control is working for me in my test CoreRPG campaign. (Click and drag on control to pan image.)

Do you have an example campaign (without extensions) where this is happening that you can send me?

Regards,
JPG

gbhenderson
January 6th, 2022, 22:37
I just loaded a clean SWADE campaign and it worked. So it's an extension in my Alien campaign causing it. I never use the button so it wasn't an issue for me, just thought it could have been what the OP was talking about. Sorry MW!

Olmac1
January 7th, 2022, 03:04
Sorry for getting back to so late. Had to work a 12 hour shift.

Talking about the mouse wheel.

On my way home I stopped and picked up a new mouse to try out. The new one worked just fine. It must have been coincidence that my wheel button stopped working after the update.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Moon Wizard
January 7th, 2022, 03:43
No worries. Glad you figured it out.

JPG

LordEntrails
January 7th, 2022, 04:47
Note that it is also possible a mouse driver or windows update changed the default behavior for your scroll wheel press. I've had that with other applications that need the middle mouse button (or scroll wheel press) to be explicitly defined to use the action "middle mouse" and not "default".

Probably doesn't matter now, but the more you know! :)

Kelrugem
January 8th, 2022, 18:33
Yeah, some mouses/trackballs use come with some programme where you can define what the mouse wheel does, also adjusting it for an individual programme like FG :) (at least I can do that with my Logitech trackball and I never used something else, but I think other devices have that, too :D)