PDA

View Full Version : [bug] FG on macOS prompts to allow incoming network connection on every launch

Valyar
January 5th, 2022, 06:07
After the last update, on macOS (I run Monterey 12.1) the program is prompting to allow the inbound network connections on every launch. The prompt shows just once, FG needs to be re-launched to appear. This happens even when FG is properly selected in the Firewall rules to allow inbound connections in the Security & Private sections of the Settings. I tried to remove and add the rule just in case, there is no change in the behavior.

I find this bug, as there is no need to prompt every time for that, especially when rules are already defined. Screenshot attached.

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2022, 06:48
We didn't change anything in the networking code for this build at all. I'll check the code signing to be sure it's working, just in case it was a failed code signing that's triggering. Other than that, I don't know why it would do that.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
January 5th, 2022, 07:02
Let's hope it is the code signing. There wasn't any update on the OS either, so the only change in the environment was the FG update.

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2022, 09:14
I verified that the builds are code signing correctly; so I believe this is an OS setting that you need to adjust.

There's an old thread on this on the Apple site that talks about where it used to be set. (probably a bit different a several years out, but might be similar)
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7418556

And a more recent one:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253338360

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
January 5th, 2022, 10:11
The OS setting is set correctly. There is single way how you can allow this on macOS and as I said above it is set. I even removed and added the firewall configuration back. I don't indent to re-install FG just to test, maybe after next client update this would be fixed automagically.

damned
January 5th, 2022, 22:26
Are you running Audio Overseer?

Valyar
January 6th, 2022, 05:17
No, I don’t. No extensions are enabled actually. It happens in the first launch of campaign. After that no prompts until program is restarted.