PDA

View Full Version : Error When Loading FGU 5e Campaign

eporrini
January 4th, 2022, 22:37
I'm seeing the following error when loading my 5e campaign. Without any extensions I don't see it, but with the celestian's better menu extension I do see it. He's said his extension does not affect shortcuts. Any thoughts here from anyone? It's eerily similar to an error reported back in October (thread included).

I am using FGU latest with 5e.

It may be similar to another issue, I saw you post on a similar error here a while back.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71015-Oct-2021-Test-Channel-Bugs

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2022, 23:02
So it only happens with the Better Menus extension? Have you checked to make sure you have the latest version of that extension? What version of FG and the ruleset are you running? Can you compile and upload the logs too?

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2022, 00:16
Also, make sure that you don't have any unpacked versions of the rulesets under your FG data folder.

If it only happens with the extension loaded, then either you have old version of rulesets loading, an extension conflict, an old extension, or other extension error.

Regards,
JPG

eporrini
January 5th, 2022, 17:40
Here is an upload of the logs. I have never "unpacked" a ruleset or done anything manually with a ruleset that I am aware of, I did move my campaign over from FG a year or so ago. I appreciate the help!

Trenloe
January 5th, 2022, 18:13
Here is an upload of the logs. I have never "unpacked" a ruleset or done anything manually with a ruleset that I am aware of, I did move my campaign over from FG a year or so ago. I appreciate the help!

The log shows that the version you're running is 1.23:

EXTENSION: Better Menus - CoreRPG version 1.23.\rby Celestian, 2020-2021

Whereas the latest version is 1.51.

So, as mentioned by both Lord Entrails, celestian (in another thread) and Moon Wizard - you need to make sure you're running the latest version. The best way to do this is to delete any manually downloaded copies of this extension, subscribe to the extension in the Forge and run an update.

eporrini
January 5th, 2022, 19:18
I am subscribed to the extension and I thought I was getting auto updates. I will delete it and allow it to reload. Thank you for the information.

I ended up deleting all of my extensions that I used to download manually that have since been moved over to the Forge, including the Better Menu extension. The issue is now resolved. It pulled down fresh copies and fixed the issue. I noticed the forge does not show versioning, so it was not obvious where I may not have been getting updated. I appreciate you guys taking a look, I was likely not getting updates on a few of the other ones that may have been legacy.

Ludd_G
January 5th, 2022, 21:12
I've also noticed that the Forge doesn't seem to be pushing updates and I'm having to manually delete the previous version of my Forge extensions before running update to get the new version.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2022, 21:19
I've also noticed that the Forge doesn't seem to be pushing updates and I'm having to manually delete the previous version of my Forge extensions before running update to get the new version.
If you're having issues please post in the Forge support thread - then they can hopefully be fixed for you and others. Thanks!

Ludd_G
January 5th, 2022, 21:25
Done