PDA

View Full Version : The Complete SRD Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II Released

Thore_Ironrock
September 11th, 2007, 01:56
The Complete SRD Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II from Digital Adventures, LLC

Download Price: $6.50

Development: Andy Silva, Stuart Miller, & Ben Dyer
Additional Development and Review: Jason Sandeman, Vince Kingston, Kevin Doswelk, & Joshua Owen
Product Direction: Kevin W. Melka

An update to our most popular product, the Complete SRD is now available in module form for Fantasy Grounds II. Over 800 pages of information taken directly from the Standard Reference Document and converted to modules of Basic Rules, Divine, Monsters, Magical Items, Epic, Psionics, and Spells! All of this information is now available for Fantasy Grounds II.

Product Upgrades

::: PLEASE READ PRIOR TO MAKING YOUR PURCHASE/DOWNLOAD :::

Any registered buyer of The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds v1 is available for either a product discount or free upgrade, depending on the date of their purchase. In the next few days registered customers will receive an email with a coupon code redeemable only at Digital Adventures' Online store.

Important Information for OneBookShelf Customers
If you made your Complete SRD v1 purchase via a OneBookShelf affiliate (RPGNow, DriveThruRPG), there is a chance we do not have your email contact information. OBS customers have an option to hide their email information from vendors.

If you do not receive an upgrade email from Digital Adventures by 9/15/2007, then send an email to [email protected]. ; please include your OBS customer ID, and if possible a screen shot of your purchase as validation. Digital Adventures is not responsible for incorrect email addresses or our inability to contact OneBookShelf customers.

Digital Adventures will not offer refunds to anyone who purchases this product before receiving their discount coupon, so please be patient.

This product requires Fantasy Grounds II, and works with the default d20 ruleset.

Fantasy Grounds II is a trademark of SmiteWorks Ltd. (C) 2007 SmiteWorks Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Visit the Fantasy Grounds website at www.fantasygrounds.com for more product information.

Dungeons & Dragons and Wizards of the Coast are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and are used with permission. A copy of this License can be found at www.wizards.com. All Rights Reserved. The Complete SRD Ruleset format, programming code, and presentation is copyrighted by Digital Adventures, LLC, 2007. Do not distribute without permission. By purchasing this product you agree to the above legal terms and conditions.

Enjoy!

Tristram
September 11th, 2007, 04:24
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It looks great! Now its time to start up a new campaign.

Illrigger
September 11th, 2007, 04:42
Discount, and purchase, check! Thanks, Kevin, I wasn't sure you'd get me, since I bought so long ago :)

Thore_Ironrock
September 11th, 2007, 05:10
Your welcome guys. All I asked for was a bit of patience. :)

Jozie
September 11th, 2007, 05:54
Excellent as usual. Just purchased it.

Ablefish
September 11th, 2007, 06:11
Same here.

zifnab69_fr
September 11th, 2007, 08:32
well, so wait for the mail.....

Hamish
September 11th, 2007, 09:27
This product requires Fantasy Grounds II, and works with the default d20 ruleset.

What does that mean exactly? I thought it was a ruleset on its own. Can I use it with my customized (d20+) ruleset, or do I tweak the SRD ruleset to get SRD+?

Sorontar
September 11th, 2007, 11:07
Just had a quick look through it and it looks very nice and well worth the money.

GJ guys.

zifnab69_fr
September 11th, 2007, 11:47
i did not receive mine.... i hope i'll get it soon. ( i 'm playing this evening....)

Thore_Ironrock
September 11th, 2007, 12:39
What does that mean exactly? I thought it was a ruleset on its own. Can I use it with my customized (d20+) ruleset, or do I tweak the SRD ruleset to get SRD+?

The modules are coded to come up in the default d20 library. To change this you have to go into the MOD file and change the default ruleset information. Since the product is no longer its own "ruleset" the modules can be re-coded to work with any custom ruleset, but by default we're coding it for use with the "d20" ruleset.

Thore_Ironrock
September 11th, 2007, 12:41
BTW, as stated in the README file that comes with the product, please contact customer support if you have any issues. While we *may* see your post here in the forums, you'll typically get a quicker response if you email support.

Thanks,

Thore_Ironrock
September 11th, 2007, 12:44
i did not receive mine.... i hope i'll get it soon. ( i 'm playing this evening....)

All upgrades and discount coupons have been sent out. If you did not receive one please read the press release on what you need to do. As stated, there is an issue with OBS customers and me not being able to see their email addresses. This is an option set by the user, not the selling vendor, so if you have your email address "hidden" I have no way of contacting you with upgrade/discount information.

sloejack
September 11th, 2007, 12:53

If you can use the default d20 modules that come with FG2 with your d20+ ruleset, you will be able to use the CSRD modules with it as well. If you've not added the option to your base.xml to allow this, then as Kevin mentioned previously you'll need to modify the definition.xml within the modules to update the ruleset preference.

zifnab69_fr
September 11th, 2007, 13:14
i change my rpgnow profil and try to send my account screenshot to [email protected]. but the mailer deamon reply my mail is spamm...so i think they did not receive it.
i send you "thore ironrok a PM with all the informations...
can you help me ?
tk

mr_h
September 11th, 2007, 14:06
It's always released when I'm at work and can't test it. Curse you!
:D

zed
September 11th, 2007, 16:45
Would love to buy this direct from DigitalAdventures but apparently my surname is too small (its 3 characters) so im out of luck.

That really is bad coding folks ;-)

Thore_Ironrock
September 11th, 2007, 16:55
Would love to buy this direct from DigitalAdventures but apparently my surname is too small (its 3 characters) so im out of luck.

That really is bad coding folks ;-)

Sorry, standard out of the box online store used by hundreds of thousands of people across the globe. I didn't code it personally.

Try four letters, such as zedd. It doesn't have to be exact you know. Since you pay with PayPal that is the only thing that actually cares what you call yourself.

zed
September 11th, 2007, 16:56
Wasnt sure if it used the name to charge credit card or soemthing.

No worries, ill make up a surname and move on. Thanks for the quick response.

Thore_Ironrock
September 12th, 2007, 13:28
Folks,

When buying the CSRD from my online store, please make sure you understand the following before emailing for support:

1) After you pay for your purchase @ PayPal's site, please be sure to click the link to take you back to the store for your download. If you don't do this then the store doesn't know you've paid and will not give you a download.

2) Please review the enclosed README file regarding where your module files are supposed to go based on your operating system.

3) This product is for Fantasy Grounds version 2, and requires you apply the latest update via the UPDATER button. As previously discussed in these forums, there is a bug that will cause your Monster module to crash if you do not have this update.

4) The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds II are modules, not a ruleset. If you are unsure of how modules work in FGII, please read the FAQ posted in the LIBRARY section.

5) This product is in English only. No where in the product description does it indicate multi-language support. No refunds will be given based on this fact.

6) If you made your Complete SRD v1 purchase via a OneBookShelf affiliate (RPGNow, DriveThruRPG), there is a chance we do not have your email contact information. OBS customers have an option to hide their email information from vendors. As stated in this forum, please contact Digital Adventures with your OBS ID and a screenshot of your purchase if you have not already received an upgrade/discount coupon.

7) Digital Adventures is not a support resourse for how to use the CSRD in your online game. I'm sorry, but we do not have the time to teach you how to use Fantasy Grounds II. Please visit the FG FAQ and Library for how to use this software.

If you are having problems with your purchase for any of the above reasons, please be patient and respectful when contacting Digital Adventures. Being rude, impatient, and vulger isn't going to solve your problem. In the past two days hundreds of people have successfully purchased and downloaded this product from our online store to use with Fantasy Grounds II. Digital Adventures is happy to work with you to resolve your issue, but it is more than likely not our fault it is not working.

Thanks for your time folks. I'll be adding this information to our online store shortly, and if you are experiencing any problems with your purchase outside of the above issues please let us know.

Regards,

Ablefish
September 13th, 2007, 07:04
Here's a question about the csrd... Unless I'm missing something - with the additional layer of menus in the complete srd monster manual, it would appear that now you cannot use the FG search function to find your monster? Unless there are some serious scrolling shortcuts I haven't found, I'm concerned this really limits the usefulness of this module.

sloejack
September 13th, 2007, 09:37
That's a valid concern, and one that we raised with Smiteworks. Unfortunately this is a shortcoming of the default d20 ruleset. I believe it was mentioned that they would be adding the search capabilities to additional window frames in the default d20 ruleset but there has been no firm commitment on when that change would happen that I am aware of at this time.

We agree that this is a less than perfect situation but one that can and should be resolved by Smiteworks pushing the updates to enable filtering on the referenceindex classes to the d20 ruleset. While our strong desire is to roll our own ruleset some concerns have been raised that if and when changes are pushed out to the default d20 ruleset they would not be automatically replicated to our own and hence potentially make our products incompatible with FG2 out of the box.

In an effort to maximize compatibility as well as maintain the structure and completeness of the SRD we used the framework afforded us by the d20 ruleset and believe that this minor issue will be resolved with the next update of the default d20 ruleset from Smiteworks. I believe there is a way to roll your own ruleset and hack the reference_basiclcasses.xml to add the filter functionality yourself to the referenceindex frame. However, if you do you would then face the same dilima we do about also needing to add in any changes that would come with a Smiteworks update in the future which creates a concern for the long term support and maintenance of the product.

I'm not trying to commit anyone to anything but if Smitework's strong desire is for us to develop d20 products that are compatible with the default d20 ruleset then we are dependant on them to make these minor updates to improve on the existing functionality. I hope that this helps shed some light on why it is the way it is, and what the path to resolution is.

sloejack
September 13th, 2007, 19:40
With Joshuha's help in figuring out how all the pieces fit, I've got a solution for searching the referenceindex frames that I'll post to the workshop in a moment for those of you who have custom rulesets or want to enable this functionality until smiteworks adds it to the default d20.

Ablefish
September 15th, 2007, 22:09
Thanks for the reply, Sloejack. I'm not too keen on using a custom ruleset at this point so hopefully Smiteworks will enable that.

FlawedLogic
December 11th, 2007, 20:48
Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I had a question about the Complete SRD.

My campaign has a psychic warrior player, and he wants to be able to drag powers from the list in the Complete SRD into his spell list. However, each time he tries to do so, he gets the following error:

Script Error: (string "scripts/charsheet_spellevellist.lua"):63:attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: (string "scripts/charsheet_spellevellist.lua"):80:attempt to index a nil value
The name of the power goes into his spell list (twice), but it contains no extra information and no link to the power description. He was pretty disappointed about this.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

sloejack
December 11th, 2007, 23:48
Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I had a question about the Complete SRD.

My campaign has a psychic warrior player, and he wants to be able to drag powers from the list in the Complete SRD into his spell list. However, each time he tries to do so, he gets the following error:

The name of the power goes into his spell list (twice), but it contains no extra information and no link to the power description. He was pretty disappointed about this.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

I can't explain the part about it going into the spell list twice, that will take some exploration on my part and I'm not quite in a position to do so at the moment. However the reason that there is no short description in the spell list for the power is because there were no short descriptions provided by WOTC in the SRD documentation. You should still be able to click on the power to pull up the spell/power window with the full description and details in it, if not that's another thing to explore when I get home.

FlawedLogic
December 14th, 2007, 06:05
Unfortunately, that's the main issue. There is no link to the full description of the power, and thus little advantage to manually entering the power into the spell list as we did before buying the Complete SRD. :(

sloejack
December 14th, 2007, 13:33
Unfortunately, that's the main issue. There is no link to the full description of the power, and thus little advantage to manually entering the power into the spell list as we did before buying the Complete SRD. :(

I was able to determine what the problem was and will submit a fix to Digital Adventures ASAP. Thore will reach out to everyone who has purchased it to let them know when the update is available.

Thore_Ironrock
December 15th, 2007, 01:38
We will work to get this fix out as soon as possible to everyone that has legally obtained a copy of the CSRDII.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Wenin
June 7th, 2009, 01:18
I attempted to purchase a copy today and there is something wrong with your SSL certificate on your website.

Is there another site that I can purchase this product from?

Griogre
June 7th, 2009, 02:17
Depending on what you want you can try RPGNow.com or the store at this site.

Wenin
June 7th, 2009, 04:17
Thanks got it from RPGNow!