PDA

View Full Version : Where did my sidebar go? (and other similar questions)

doseyclwn
January 1st, 2022, 06:54
Hey all,

So I was playing around with stuff and it seems that in 2e games, there is no sidebar and I don't know how to get it back. There is a sidebar in the 5e ruleset, but I don't see the sidebar button in the options anymore. Am I missing something, or did all this stuff change? Is there any way to fix this, or does someone have a link to the documentation.

Thanks in Advance.

damned
January 1st, 2022, 06:56
Do you have an unpacked copy of the 2E ruleset in your rulesets folder?

LordEntrails
January 1st, 2022, 06:58
I believe the 2E ruleset defaults to the pull down menus. But I think there is an option to return the sidebar. But, best place to ask would be the D&D Classics forum since Celestian and others who know that ruleset best can easily answer.

doseyclwn
January 1st, 2022, 07:28
Do you have an unpacked copy of the 2E ruleset in your rulesets folder?

You mean the 2e.pak file? then yes, I do.

celestian
January 1st, 2022, 07:30
Hey all,

So I was playing around with stuff and it seems that in 2e games, there is no sidebar and I don't know how to get it back. There is a sidebar in the 5e ruleset, but I don't see the sidebar button in the options anymore. Am I missing something, or did all this stuff change? Is there any way to fix this, or does someone have a link to the documentation.

Thanks in Advance.

I'd recommend to use it, you'll find it saves a lot of space ;)

If you want to toggle the old mode, you can do so in options.

damned
January 1st, 2022, 10:07
You mean the 2e.pak file? then yes, I do.

When you do this - it doesnt matter how many times you update you will be stuck on whatever version you have unpacked...
Nuke it.

readymeal
January 1st, 2022, 21:52
I'd recommend to use it, you'll find it saves a lot of space ;)

If you want to toggle the old mode, you can do so in options.

I agree with Celestian here, using a laptop any inch of my screen (15") is valuable real-estate, i moved to the better menu extension to regain the 1" to the right... with the new XXXL sidebar it makes even more sense to me to use a drop down menu like many current software out there. Even in a game as a DM or converting modules, screen space is more valuable than having visual access to some option that i might need from time to time.

mac40k
January 2nd, 2022, 16:01
I disliked the change to the new XXL menus with icons that aren't appropriate for all settings/themes and switched to Better Menus as well. It still doesn't give me the ability to sort the items how I want, but it replaces those hideous collapsible headers with a menu bar that is smaller and can be undocked and moved to an area of the screen of your choice.