PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Blissful Ignorance

MeAndUnique
December 31st, 2021, 04:20
Current Version: 1.1.6
A Fantasy Grounds extension that adds effects for extra functionality around damage resistance and immunity.

The following targetable Effects have been added:

ABSORB: (n), types - When the target takes damage from one of the provided damage types, they instead are healed for n times the damage. n is optional and defaults to 1. e.g. "ABSORB: lightning" may be used for a shambling mound.
IGNORE[R]: types - Damage dealt by the bearer of this effect will ignore R to any of the damage types, where R can be one of ABSORB, IMMUNE, RESIST, or VULN. e.g. "IGNORERESIST: fire" for a Fire Elemental Adept.
[R1]TO[R2]: types - Damage dealt by the bearer of this effect will treat R1 as R2 for any of the damage types, where R1 and R2 may be one of ABSORB, IMMUNE, RESIST, or VULN. e.g. "IMMUNETORESIST: radiant" would cause the damage dealt by a paladin's divine smite to treat radiant immunity as radiant resistance instead.
MAKEVULN: types - Damage dealt by the bearer of this effect will treat a creature without any sort of resistance to the damage types as if they were vulnerable. e.g. "MAKEVULN: slashing" would cause a wraith to take double damage from magic swords, but still take half damage from nonmagical, unsilvered swords.
REDUCE: n, types - This functions exactly as RESIST: n, except it will also stack with normal resistance. Note: this will not presently stack with RESIST: n.
UNHEALABLE: (types) - The bearer of this effect cannot benefit from any healing of the associated types. types is optional and may be any combination of "heal", "hitdice", and "rest", separated by commas. If types is not provided, then all types of healing are prevented.
DMGMULT: n - The bearer of this effect has all of their damage dealt multiplied by n.
HEALMULT: n - The bearer of this effect has all of their healing done multiplied by n.
HEALEDMULT: n, (types) - The bearer of this effect has all of their healing received multiplied by n. types is optional and may be any combination of "heal", "hitdice", and "rest", separated by commas. If types is not provided, then all types of healing are multiplied.

Check it out on The Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/429/view) or at GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/BlissfulIgnorance) and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
Hope it helps!

If you wish to buy me a coffee (https://ko-fi.com/meandunique), I would be extremely grateful. Though please don't feel any pressure or obligation to do so!

anathemort
December 31st, 2021, 04:26
This is really interesting, thanks for sharing!

MrDDT
December 31st, 2021, 04:48
Very nice, excited to use this. This might really fix some major issues I'm having with some resist functions from the basic FGU settings. So this could be so awesome.

Aridhro
December 31st, 2021, 07:18
Sounds great. Eager to test this.

nephranka
December 31st, 2021, 11:59
Very cool. Looking forward to adding this to the tool kit. Thanks.

MeAndUnique
December 31st, 2021, 18:21
Pushed v1.0.1 which increases load order to resolve a conflict with another extension.

mattekure
January 13th, 2022, 13:21
Request to add additional effect to absorb only 1/2 the damage dealt to implement the Dragon masks in Rise of Tiamat. They have a slightly weird absorption power, and that last clause heals half the damage dealt.

"Damage Absorption. You have resistance against lightning damage. If you already have resistance to lightning damage from another source, you instead have immunity to lightning damage. If you already have immunity to lightning damage from another source, whenever you are subjected to lightning damage, you take none of that damage and regain a number of hit points equal to half the damage dealt of that type."

MeAndUnique
January 13th, 2022, 15:37
Request to add additional effect to absorb only 1/2 the damage dealt to implement the Dragon masks in Rise of Tiamat. They have a slightly weird absorption power, and that last clause heals half the damage dealt.

"Damage Absorption. You have resistance against lightning damage. If you already have resistance to lightning damage from another source, you instead have immunity to lightning damage. If you already have immunity to lightning damage from another source, whenever you are subjected to lightning damage, you take none of that damage and regain a number of hit points equal to half the damage dealt of that type."

Give "ABSORB: 0.5" a whirl :)

Tenebris
January 30th, 2022, 16:59
Hey,

I really enjoy the idea of this extension, but I am getting an error. Full disclosure: I am not using this extension as intended, so feel free to tell me its just not going to work the way I want, and I'll be on my way. I have a tendency to take extensions such as this one and apply them to games I want to run by tweaking them, but I think this one is beyond me.

1. I am using this for a 2e game (I know, but there is enough code cross-compatibility, that most 5e extension work fine on 2e and this is honestly the first time I have had an issue with it).
2. 2e allows me to include damage resistances to armor, which apply towards pcs, which I employ with a numerical value (e.g. RESIST: 5 piercing; RESIST: 4 slashing; RESIST: 2 bludgeoning) which actually works just fine.
3. These effects can be assigned to armor (and weapons), meaning that if a PC swaps armor, their resistances change.
4. I would like to be able to use this extension to ignore some of this resistance by assigning the effects you have (e.g. IGNORERESIST: 2 slashing).

When I add the Effect (IGNORERESIST: 2 slashing), (IGNORERESIST: slashing), and/or update the armor to simple (RESIST: slashing) I receive an error: [287: attempt to compare number with nil] which is:

286 for sDamageType,_ in pairs(tUniqueTypes) do
287 table.insert(aAbsorbed, sDamageType);
288 end
289 table.sort(aAbsorbed);

The only extension that I think might be interfering, if this is just not an issue due to rulesets, is Hackmaster (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/78/view).

Thanks for taking the time to read and, again, I completely understand if my nonsense is well beyond the scope of this extension.

Cheers!

MeAndUnique
March 15th, 2022, 00:57
Hey,

I really enjoy the idea of this extension, but I am getting an error. Full disclosure: I am not using this extension as intended, so feel free to tell me its just not going to work the way I want, and I'll be on my way. I have a tendency to take extensions such as this one and apply them to games I want to run by tweaking them, but I think this one is beyond me.

1. I am using this for a 2e game (I know, but there is enough code cross-compatibility, that most 5e extension work fine on 2e and this is honestly the first time I have had an issue with it).
2. 2e allows me to include damage resistances to armor, which apply towards pcs, which I employ with a numerical value (e.g. RESIST: 5 piercing; RESIST: 4 slashing; RESIST: 2 bludgeoning) which actually works just fine.
3. These effects can be assigned to armor (and weapons), meaning that if a PC swaps armor, their resistances change.
4. I would like to be able to use this extension to ignore some of this resistance by assigning the effects you have (e.g. IGNORERESIST: 2 slashing).

When I add the Effect (IGNORERESIST: 2 slashing), (IGNORERESIST: slashing), and/or update the armor to simple (RESIST: slashing) I receive an error: [287: attempt to compare number with nil] which is:

286 for sDamageType,_ in pairs(tUniqueTypes) do
287 table.insert(aAbsorbed, sDamageType);
288 end
289 table.sort(aAbsorbed);

The only extension that I think might be interfering, if this is just not an issue due to rulesets, is Hackmaster (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/78/view).

Thanks for taking the time to read and, again, I completely understand if my nonsense is well beyond the scope of this extension.

Cheers!

Hey, sorry for the delay, I'm finally getting some time to get back in to FG. To be honest I don't know enough about either the 2e system nor the FG ruleset to be able to meaningfully weigh in. Though at the surface, the line 287 in question is likely referring to a different file (or version of the file) since there is no numeric comparison as shown here.

MeAndUnique
March 25th, 2022, 18:25
Just wanted to note that per the conversation in the Constitutional Amendments thread I have added a future feature consideration for supporting partial prevention of healing.

Slagmoth
March 25th, 2022, 22:11
Replied to wrong thread

houseofdexter
April 13th, 2022, 17:17
Ok...Love this extension. It makes Monk's feat -> Slow Fall work like a charm with the addition of Custom Damage Manager https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/122/view.

With the Custom Damage Manager create >falling< damage type.

Create an NPC called Falling and add an Action like ->

10': 4 (1d6) falling damage. 20': 8 (2d6) falling damage. 30': 12 (3d6) falling damage. 40': 16 (4d6) falling damage. 50': 20 (5d6) falling damage. 60': 24 (6d6) falling damage. 70': 28 (7d6) falling damage. 80': 32 (8d6) falling damage. 90': 36 (9d6) falling damage. 100': 40 (10d6) falling damage. 110': 44 (11d6) falling damage. 120': 48 (12d6) falling damage. 130': 52 (13d6) falling damage. 140': 56 (14d6) falling damage. 150': 60 (15d6) falling damage. 160': 64 (16d6) falling damage. 170': 68 (17d6) falling damage. 180': 72 (18d6) falling damage. 190': 76 (19d6) falling damage. 200': 80 (20d6) falling damage.

On your PC add a Slow Fall Effect like -> REDUCE: 20, falling

Would love to be able to do something like -> REDUCE: 5Lvl, falling

Fingersome
May 17th, 2022, 01:00
When I was reading the new race options for Shifters in Monsters of the Multiverse, I was looking at the Wild Hunt subrace.

I was wondering how I could automate a creature ignoring advantage on attack rolls against a target... I couldn't figure out if there was a flag for "this attack has advantage" in the effects system so I just assumed there isn't one.
I thought to myself, "I can probably create a workaround using an aura effect to select for it only triggering when an attacker within 30 feet of the shfiter targets the shifter with an attack, but in order to do that, I'd need to be able to "ignore" attacks made at advantage-"

and then your extension came to mind.

I've had a look at the wiki and I'm pretty sure there is no way to check for "if this attack has advantage / disadvantage do x" using effects atm. If there was, I could just do that.

MeAndUnique
May 21st, 2022, 21:16
A number of users have requested to be able to toss a coin my way so I have created a page for them to do so and added a link to the first post. Please feel no obligation to do so though!

MeAndUnique
May 21st, 2022, 21:21
When I was reading the new race options for Shifters in Monsters of the Multiverse, I was looking at the Wild Hunt subrace.

I was wondering how I could automate a creature ignoring advantage on attack rolls against a target... I couldn't figure out if there was a flag for "this attack has advantage" in the effects system so I just assumed there isn't one.
I thought to myself, "I can probably create a workaround using an aura effect to select for it only triggering when an attacker within 30 feet of the shfiter targets the shifter with an attack, but in order to do that, I'd need to be able to "ignore" attacks made at advantage-"

and then your extension came to mind.

I've had a look at the wiki and I'm pretty sure there is no way to check for "if this attack has advantage / disadvantage do x" using effects atm. If there was, I could just do that.

Hmm, I haven't picked up Monster of the Multiverse yet, though it sounds like case this is better suited to Trigger Me Timbers (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/598/view); I've added a note for looking closer in future updates.

Jaegar
May 23rd, 2022, 01:34
This is an awesome ext.

I was curious if you would consider on planning to make UNHEALABLE work on a long rest from the menu on the CT for npcs and pcs.

MeAndUnique
May 24th, 2022, 19:37
This is an awesome ext.

I was curious if you would consider on planning to make UNHEALABLE work on a long rest from the menu on the CT for npcs and pcs.

Yeah, that is certainly something I can look in to.

Fingersome
June 14th, 2022, 20:50
Another immunity-related monster trait that would be useful to automate is Psychic Mirror, as seen on the stat block for the Star Spawn Hulk.

Psychic Mirror. If the hulk takes psychic damage, each creature within 10 feet of the hulk takes that damage instead; the hulk takes none of the damage.

It would be neat if there was a way to automate that, using an effect. Perhaps in terms of syntax, something like 'MIRROR: psychic, 10' which would grant immunity to psychic damage, and transfer the damage to any other creature within 10 feet of the actor with the effect...?

MeAndUnique
June 15th, 2022, 00:32
Another immunity-related monster trait that would be useful to automate is Psychic Mirror, as seen on the stat block for the Star Spawn Hulk.

It would be neat if there was a way to automate that, using an effect. Perhaps in terms of syntax, something like 'MIRROR: psychic, 10' which would grant immunity to psychic damage, and transfer the damage to any other creature within 10 feet of the actor with the effect...?

Yep, on my radar. Might end up in Constitutional Amendments cause that has better code infrastructure for moving damage between creatures, might end up here because this has better infrastructure for damage type handling. Either way though, the range bit would be accomplished by combining with Aura Effects.

MeAndUnique
July 11th, 2022, 02:03
Just released version 1.1.0 which adds the ability to specify the type of healing for the UNHEALABLE effect and adds new DMGMULT, HEALMULT, and HEALEDMULT effects.

Jaegar
July 11th, 2022, 02:49
Just released version 1.1.0 which adds the ability to specify the type of healing for the UNHEALABLE effect and adds new DMGMULT, HEALMULT, and HEALEDMULT effects.

Doe this now apply to Long Rest? UNHEALABLE

MeAndUnique
July 11th, 2022, 02:58
Doe this now apply to Long Rest? UNHEALABLE

Yup. And if you want it to only apply to long rests you can use "UNHEALABLE: rest". The list on the first post has been updated with info on how to use the other effects as well.

Jaegar
July 11th, 2022, 03:10
Yup. And if you want it to only apply to long rests you can use "UNHEALABLE: rest". The list on the first post has been updated with info on how to use the other effects as well.

You are awesome!

FGUDM
July 20th, 2022, 22:42
When attempting to apply damage I get the following error and no damage is applied.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage_bi.lua"]:332: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

anathemort
July 20th, 2022, 22:59
MeAndUnique is currently on vacation. There's a PR waiting for their return with a patch for this here (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/BlissfulIgnorance/pull/1). If you're technically minded you can pull the fixed version until it's published, or disable this ext in the meantime.

anathemort
July 21st, 2022, 20:16
There's a temporary version of this extension you can use by replacing the one from the forge with what you find here:
https://github.com/eryon/BlissfulIgnorance/releases/tag/v1.1.1-rc

It is version 1.1.1-rc and should work until MeAndUnique can verify and accept the changes.

nephranka
July 21st, 2022, 21:29
There's a temporary version of this extension you can use by replacing the one from the forge with what you find here:
https://github.com/eryon/BlissfulIgnorance/releases/tag/v1.1.1-rc

It is version 1.1.1-rc and should work until MeAndUnique can verify and accept the changes.

Nice work!

Rewe
July 23rd, 2022, 01:55
Thank you ! <3

similarly
July 25th, 2022, 11:19
Oh, this was driving me insane! I spent close to 3 hours opening and closing various extensions (I have a lot) trying to find the error: turns out I was getting TWO errors. One for Blissful ignorance and one for Constitutional Amendments.

Nice work on the update! But I think I'll just turn it off for now and wait until the update. Appreciate the work, though! Sincerely! Well done.

MeAndUnique
July 28th, 2022, 14:04
Alright folks, I'm back from vacation and have started the process of getting things back under control. Version 1.1.1 of Blissful Ignorance is now live on the Forge and should have everything back up and running as normal!

nephranka
July 28th, 2022, 14:27
Alright folks, I'm back from vacation and have started the process of getting things back under control. Version 1.1.1 of Blissful Ignorance is now live on the Forge and should have everything back up and running as normal!

Welcome back! The reports of your demise have been greatly exaggerated. ;P

Jaegar
July 28th, 2022, 14:27
w00t!

similarly
July 28th, 2022, 15:24
Oh, this was driving me insane! I spent close to 3 hours opening and closing various extensions (I have a lot) trying to find the error: turns out I was getting TWO errors. One for Blissful ignorance and one for Constitutional Amendments.

Nice work on the update! But I think I'll just turn it off for now and wait until the update. Appreciate the work, though! Sincerely! Well done.

I turned on both Blissful Ignorance and Constitutional Amendments. Tested it out. No errors this time. Fantastic work!

jfg1984
July 28th, 2022, 15:53

And the legends say, that if you find a seashell on the beach and put it to your ear, you can hear the screams of a thousand D&D nerds, calling out for his return to save them from the script errors.

Welcome back, and thank you for the quick turn around. I'll test for the issues I was having before when I get home and report any bugs if there's anything still lingering. Hopefully not though!

MeAndUnique
July 30th, 2022, 04:59
Version 1.1.2 released fixing a bunch of things I broke when attempting to streamline code.

MeAndUnique
July 30th, 2022, 15:23
Just released version 1.1.3 with a minor change that should improve extension compatibility.

MeAndUnique
July 31st, 2022, 16:02
Just released version 1.1.4 with a minor update so the heal icon is shown when damage is absorbed.

MrDDT
July 31st, 2022, 19:43
Thanks for all your work.

rocketvaultgames
September 15th, 2022, 16:25
Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the following? It isn't doubling the damage... removing the "IFT: TYPE(object);" works to double the damage but defeats the purpose.

Siege Monster; IFT: TYPE(object); DMGMULT: 2

The target definitely has "object" for creature type.

MeAndUnique
September 15th, 2022, 16:57
Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the following? It isn't doubling the damage... removing the "IFT: TYPE(object);" works to double the damage but defeats the purpose.

Unfortunately "object" isn't a recognized creature type in the ruleset, and so it won't work for IFT in general.

MrDDT
September 15th, 2022, 19:04

Working for me, can you get on discord and give me a screenshot there or here?

EDIT:
After talking to mattvictim, I found why it was working for me. I was using custom. TYPE as M&U said is only used for a limited hardcoded subset of creatures, you can't manually add them.

Likely something SmiteWorks should add IMO.

BlazingAzureCrow
October 9th, 2022, 02:27
Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding the extension, but should "IGNOREIMMUNE: fire" bypass immunity to fire damage? IGNORERESIST works, but IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't seem to be working.

MrDDT
October 9th, 2022, 07:26
Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding the extension, but should "IGNOREIMMUNE: fire" bypass immunity to fire damage? IGNORERESIST works, but IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't seem to be working.

I don't think IGNOREIMMUNE is a coding effect this EXT does.
You can do IGNORETOABSORB instead and would do the effect you want, however, I think it's broken by doing this as it should really do 0 damage, instead of 0 damage and healing.

I think M&U likely should add the coding IGNORETOIMMUNE and it would do what you are saying. However, the IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't work because it's not a coding effect of this EXT.

Are you trying to bypass immunity fully and the creature take full damage? Or you trying to change it to resist only? Or what? Can you give an example of what it's applying to?

eriktedesco
October 9th, 2022, 14:25
I think IGNORE IMMUNE is an operator introduced by one of Kent extension, AutomaticElementalAdept. Hope this will help.

BlazingAzureCrow
October 9th, 2022, 23:08
I don't think IGNOREIMMUNE is a coding effect this EXT does.
You can do IGNORETOABSORB instead and would do the effect you want, however, I think it's broken by doing this as it should really do 0 damage, instead of 0 damage and healing.

I think M&U likely should add the coding IGNORETOIMMUNE and it would do what you are saying. However, the IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't work because it's not a coding effect of this EXT.

Are you trying to bypass immunity fully and the creature take full damage? Or you trying to change it to resist only? Or what? Can you give an example of what it's applying to?

Ah darn. I thought that might be the case. It felt like something that would naturally be included alongside the other effects, but given that it doesn't show up in RAW that's not shocking. I saw that one of the operators you could include for "IGNORE(R)" was IGNORE, and that IMMUNE was used elsewhere in the description in place of IGNORE and made some assumptions from there. I probably just read something wrong.

The example I'm using is for the streamed show I run that has a wealth of original content. There are a few examples in it of damage that cannot be ignored (for meaningless trivia, one example being the lava and flames at the heart of Phlegethos) or reduced, and an NPC was able to ignore resistance/immunity to her fire damage.

Hopefully it's added in the future since it'd be a small but useful thing for homebrew and third-party uses. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to include.

BlazingAzureCrow
October 9th, 2022, 23:08
I think IGNORE IMMUNE is an operator introduced by one of Kent extension, AutomaticElementalAdept. Hope this will help.

I have that but have it disabled. I'll check that out, thank you!

MrDDT
October 9th, 2022, 23:38
Ah darn. I thought that might be the case. It felt like something that would naturally be included alongside the other effects, but given that it doesn't show up in RAW that's not shocking. I saw that one of the operators you could include for "IGNORE(R)" was IGNORE, and that IMMUNE was used elsewhere in the description in place of IGNORE and made some assumptions from there. I probably just read something wrong.

The example I'm using is for the streamed show I run that has a wealth of original content. There are a few examples in it of damage that cannot be ignored (for meaningless trivia, one example being the lava and flames at the heart of Phlegethos) or reduced, and an NPC was able to ignore resistance/immunity to her fire damage.

Hopefully it's added in the future since it'd be a small but useful thing for homebrew and third-party uses. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to include.

You can use IGNORETOABSORB for the same effect currently, just remember it will also bypass ABSORB on a monster also.

BlazingAzureCrow
October 9th, 2022, 23:40
You can use IGNORETOABSORB for the same effect currently, just remember it will also bypass ABSORB on a monster also.

Noted! Thank you very much. It'd still be cool to have the effect, but I doubt I'll encounter scenarios where something immune is also absorbing damage enough that I can't just brute force my way through things.

MrDDT
October 9th, 2022, 23:45
Noted! Thank you very much. It'd still be cool to have the effect, but I doubt I'll encounter scenarios where something immune is also absorbing damage enough that I can't just brute force my way through things.

I'm thinking it's an oversight and likely will get updated when M&U gets time. Only makes sense to have the IMMUNE one in there with the others.

MeAndUnique
October 13th, 2022, 15:06
Well, fwiw, IGNOREIMMUNE is 100% intended to a supported effect, as indicated in the first post; it just appears to have been broken during a recent FG update. I'll get a fix out as soon as I am able.

MeAndUnique
October 13th, 2022, 15:33
Should be fixed in v1.1.5

MrDDT
October 13th, 2022, 16:38
Well, fwiw, IGNOREIMMUNE is 100% intended to a supported effect, as indicated in the first post; it just appears to have been broken during a recent FG update. I'll get a fix out as soon as I am able.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see IGNOREIMMUNE listed in the first post.

Thank you for fixing this, and all the other work you do.

MeAndUnique
October 13th, 2022, 17:37
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see IGNOREIMMUNE listed in the first post.

Thank you for fixing this, and all the other work you do.

IGNORE[R] ... where R can be one of ABSORB, IMMUNE, RESIST, or VULN ...
(pay no heed to the typo that used to be there)
;)

DMLars
November 21st, 2022, 06:09
Let me first say I really love this extension! Which is also why I know some things are no longer working. The IGNORE function seems to be inoperative, as well as MAKEVULN. Thanks for all of your hard work and effort. I tested with only this extension loaded in a 5E campaign.

MrDDT
November 21st, 2022, 06:38
Let me first say I really love this extension! Which is also why I know some things are no longer working. The IGNORE function seems to be inoperative, as well as MAKEVULN. Thanks for all of your hard work and effort. I tested with only this extension loaded in a 5E campaign.

Can you show an example? I just tested both these coding in a new campaign with no other exts loaded and both worked.

Placing the effect on my caster PC then targeting a ghost NPC; it did full damage to the ghost who is normally resistance to fire so it would normally take 1/2 fire damage.

IGNORERESIST: fire

Placing the effect on my caster PC then targeting a Ankheg NPC; it did 2x damage to the Ankheg who normally has no resistance or immunity to fire damage.

MAKEVULN: fire

DMLars
November 21st, 2022, 16:10
Ahh yes, a critical mistake on my part. I forgot that the effect was meant to be by the "bearer" not the target. Everything's working good here. Thanks @MrDDT

MrDDT
November 21st, 2022, 16:11
Ahh yes, a critical mistake on my part. I forgot that the effect was meant to be by the "bearer" not the target. Everything's working good here. Thanks @MrDDT

Glad I could help, have a good one.

DMLars
November 21st, 2022, 16:14
I now remember why I went down that path. I was trying to use an AURA to make creatures Vulnerable to necrotic if they got to close to the BBEG. Obviously, that didn't work. Any ideas on how I could incorporate that?

MrDDT
November 21st, 2022, 16:16
I now remember why I went down that path. I was trying to use an AURA to make creatures Vulnerable to necrotic if they got to close to the BBEG. Obviously, that didn't work. Any ideas on how I could incorporate that?

Can you give me the text of what the spell or talent/ability is?

Also lets move over to
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69965-5E-Aura-Effects-Coding

KrysalverHellfox
November 29th, 2022, 21:36
Having issues with the HEALMULT & HEALEDMULT its not multiplying the amount rolled am I doing something wrong

MrDDT
November 29th, 2022, 21:46
Having issues with the HEALMULT & HEALEDMULT its not multiplying the amount rolled am I doing something wrong

Can you give us the example you using? Screenshot would also be helpful.

KrysalverHellfox
November 29th, 2022, 22:05
Can you give us the example you using? Screenshot would also be helpful.

MrDDT
November 29th, 2022, 22:43

That picture is really blurry and even harder to read the white lettering. Can you send a clearer picture?

KrysalverHellfox
November 29th, 2022, 22:57
That picture is really blurry and even harder to read the white lettering. Can you send a clearer picture?

BlazingAzureCrow
November 29th, 2022, 23:01

I might be off base here, but it looks like you should have "HEALEDMULT" instead of "HEALMULT"? I haven't tested this part of the extension myself, but I believe HEALMULT is when you want to multiply outgoing healing, and HEALEDMULT is for incoming healing.

KrysalverHellfox
November 29th, 2022, 23:04
I might be off base here, but it looks like you should have "HEALEDMULT" instead of "HEALMULT"? I haven't tested this part of the extension myself, but I believe HEALMULT is when you want to multiply outgoing healing, and HEALEDMULT is for incoming healing.

do the types need to be capital as well

BlazingAzureCrow
November 29th, 2022, 23:13
do the types need to be capital as well

Again, I haven't tested these operators, but generally, all damage/effect types after the colon are lowercase. I think the effect you're looking for here is "HEALEDMULT: 0.5 heal". But again, you'd be within your rights to wait for MrDDT to respond.

EDIT: Just tested it, and having "HEALEDMULT: 0.5" on the creature being healed was all I needed to half the healing. Presumably, "HEALMULT: 0.5" on the creature doing the healing would achieve the same effect.

MrDDT
November 29th, 2022, 23:40
As BlazingAzureCrow is stating

HEALEDMULT - Effects the creature being healed. So if something should take less or more healing, you would want to apply that to them.
HEALMULT - Effects the creature doing the healing, So if something should heal others for more or less than normal, you would apply that onto the caster themself.

KrysalverHellfox
November 29th, 2022, 23:40
Thanks for the help i got it working

MeAndUnique
November 30th, 2022, 00:37
I come by to answer the initial question after getting an email for it and see folks have already got it covered, thanks! :o

Fingersome
January 17th, 2023, 13:53
Is there a way to create an effect with this extension that would reduce the amount a character is healed by? Like, in the same way damage reduction works, but by a specified expression E.G 1d10 + 2 or something like that...? I realise there's HEALMULT if you wanted to reduce healing by a percentage like 0.5 to half all healing, but what about if you just want to reduce it by a set amount...?

MeAndUnique
January 18th, 2023, 00:36
Is there a way to create an effect with this extension that would reduce the amount a character is healed by? Like, in the same way damage reduction works, but by a specified expression E.G 1d10 + 2 or something like that...? I realise there's HEALMULT if you wanted to reduce healing by a percentage like 0.5 to half all healing, but what about if you just want to reduce it by a set amount...?

Nothing at present no. Definitely something I can consider for future development though. The best I can suggest is to use the modifier box in the meantime.

Tobyqueef
February 28th, 2023, 14:55
So the Reduce function says it would stack normally with the regular resist function, essentially creating a 75% damage resistance to for example fire damage if you had RESIST: fire and REDUCE: fire, correct? Although i also see it says in the same line they dont currently stack so is that still a WIP?

MeAndUnique
March 1st, 2023, 16:08
So the Reduce function says it would stack normally with the regular resist function, essentially creating a 75% damage resistance to for example fire damage if you had RESIST: fire and REDUCE: fire, correct? Although i also see it says in the same line they dont currently stack so is that still a WIP?

REDUCE is numeric only, not percentage based. So if a character has both resistance to bludgeoning damage (take half damage) and Heavy Armor Master (reduce bludgeoning damage by 3) they would be able to use both "RESIST: bludgeoning" and "REDUCE: 3, bludgeoning" to correctly process incoming damage.

What doesn't work is when attempting to also use "RESIST: 5, bludgeoning" in the event of having a third ability that is supposed to reduce bludgeoning damage by 5.

Darth Decisive
April 4th, 2023, 04:56
Hey there! Absolutely love your work. Just dropping in to report that a recent update seems to have caused a problem with it!

Whenever an NPC or PC tries to deal damage to a creature of a type it is resistant or immune to, it throws an error and the damage is not applied. Damage of types that they have no resistance to (or of which they are untyped) does not seem to be affected.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "BlissfulIgnorance:..er_action_damage_bi.lua"]:45: attempt to index upvalue 'rActiveTarget' (a nil value)

I hope this helps! Keep up the incredible work; your extentions are always great!

EDIT: I've actually gone a little deeper and discovered the problem actually stemmed from the Glancing Blows extention by Kael the Adventurer. You've already commented on that, so it seems you're well aware of it! You can probably just disregard this post XD

MeAndUnique
April 8th, 2023, 20:05
Just pushed version 1.1.6 with support for compatibility with Glancing Blows (which should have a matching update in the near future).

nephranka
May 26th, 2023, 12:01
Just a heads up. It looks like this ext is throwing an error on damage rolls in TEST. I figure most wait until it is live but I was there testing some other things.

BlazingAzureCrow
June 12th, 2023, 02:25
Hey there! Absolutely love your work. Just dropping in to report that a recent update seems to have caused a problem with it!

Whenever an NPC or PC tries to deal damage to a creature of a type it is resistant or immune to, it throws an error and the damage is not applied. Damage of types that they have no resistance to (or of which they are untyped) does not seem to be affected.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "BlissfulIgnorance:..er_action_damage_bi.lua"]:45: attempt to index upvalue 'rActiveTarget' (a nil value)

I hope this helps! Keep up the incredible work; your extentions are always great!

EDIT: I've actually gone a little deeper and discovered the problem actually stemmed from the Glancing Blows extention by Kael the Adventurer. You've already commented on that, so it seems you're well aware of it! You can probably just disregard this post XD

I believe I'm still getting this error despite being up to date with both. I'll do more tests to see if it's something on my end though.

JuliTutu
March 3rd, 2024, 22:24
Hi! I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, but I can't make "MAKEVULN: fire" working when the NPC Resist that type. I also have problems with [R1]TO[R2].

Thanks for your work!

MrDDT
March 4th, 2024, 02:39
MAKEVULN
Is only used if they have no resist.
If they have resist you want to use ignore.