PDA

View Full Version : DCC Compatible with AD&D Modules?

Hyperventilator
December 30th, 2021, 19:16
Does DCC work with AD&D adventure modules in FGUnity? How much conversion work is there to keep combat fully automated?

damned
December 30th, 2021, 23:41
Different rulesets have different data structures.
Both DCC and AD&D were originally based on 5E but they will each have gone their own ways.
It is unlikely that AD&D monsters will work in DCC without any adjustments.

Hyperventilator
December 31st, 2021, 05:27
Different rulesets have different data structures.
Both DCC and AD&D were originally based on 5E but they will each have gone their own ways.
It is unlikely that AD&D monsters will work in DCC without any adjustments.

Okay I see! But the ruleset does allow the loading of AD&D modules (from a technical pov) and can use the NPC stats in its automation, yes?

leozelig
December 31st, 2021, 08:35
Okay I see! But the ruleset does allow the loading of AD&D modules (from a technical pov) and can use the NPC stats in its automation, yes?

I can’t guarantee that AD&D modules will load with the DCC ruleset. The store pages specify which rulesets are compatible. Do you have a specific product in mind?

Technically, the NPC fields that share a name and type (number, string, etc) will work, as long as the module definition file specifies compatibility with the DCC ruleset, which seems unlikely. At the very least, I would expect multiple missing data elements using an AD&D stat block, and DCC does not use descending armor class.

Hyperventilator
December 31st, 2021, 08:39
I can’t guarantee that AD&D modules will load with the DCC ruleset. The store pages specify which rulesets are compatible. Do you have a specific product in mind?

Technically, the NPC fields that share a name and type (number, string, etc) will work, as long as the module definition file specifies compatibility with the DCC ruleset, which seems unlikely. At the very least, I would expect multiple missing data elements using an AD&D stat block, and DCC does not use descending armor class.

Thank you, this has been very helpful!