PDA

View Full Version : Controlling the placement of panes...

Wanderer
September 10th, 2007, 12:48
Is it possible, or configurable, to change where panes appear, esp after refreshes?

In my first even FG gaming session (FG II) last night - playing Savage Worlds, I noticed that every time, after a reschuffle of the 'initiative cards' - they would appear in the middle of the screen. Personally, I kept moving them out of the wa, so I could see my map ... in my case, that meant moving the cards to top right...

VenomousFiligree
September 10th, 2007, 13:09
This is a SW ruleset specific question, I think, as normally FGII does not have an initiative tracker for players.

:)
MB

Kalan
September 10th, 2007, 13:20
Iirc (I don't normally get to see the player side), you can minimize the init tracker (and the GMs can also minimize it).

As far as where panes can appear, I don't believe there's a way (that is a FG thing), but we can look into changing where it does spawn.

Wanderer
September 10th, 2007, 13:40
Thanks Kalen.
MB - the init was an example (althought the most prevalent). The underlying questions was whether we could 'pin' the location on an pbject, after opening, so that it would be remembered ...

Hamish
September 10th, 2007, 14:33
Things like window positions are usually recorded in the CampaignRegistry.lua file, but I am not sure if you can actually force a window to register itself in there if it doesn't do so by default.

joshuha
September 10th, 2007, 14:47
Thanks Kalen.
MB - the init was an example (althought the most prevalent). The underlying questions was whether we could 'pin' the location on an pbject, after opening, so that it would be remembered ...

If you feel like modifying the ruleset this is an easy fix. In the base.xml file just uncomment out the line:

<!-- <script name="WindowManager" file="scripts/windowmanager.lua" /> -->

To do that just remove the <!-- from the beginning and --> from the end. This was commented out in testing the playertracker and will be back in when we release an updated version of the ruleset in the future.

Wanderer
September 10th, 2007, 19:05
sounds interesting... would need to get our GM to agree, and make the change *after backing up the file to make sure it isn't broken"