PDA

View Full Version : Sizeable chat log.. and other items

Wanderer
September 10th, 2007, 12:45
It would be very nice is the panes like the chat log, etc, were sizeable. I've finally had my first gaming session in FG (FG II actually), and found that, with a DM and 5 players, the chat window goes quickly (esp. the way the words are wrapped with a long character name, like: Derek Threll - The Traveller)

Also, other items like character sheets would be good if they could be resized ... if would be nice if I could see all 3 powers the SW character sheet

Kalan
September 10th, 2007, 13:42
We know about the lack of "space" - and we're working on something to fix this, but I can't go into too many specifics right now ;)

Wanderer
September 10th, 2007, 19:02
Great news... It'll be interesting to see what comes... I know I'd love to see 2 chat windwos - one for OOC and one for IC, but I can see that others might not agree, and it could also add to clutter on the 'desktop'...

Griogre
September 10th, 2007, 19:10
I encourage my players to use a "short" name for the word wrap reason. Remember the name can be changed any time, so for combat encounters there is no reason he couldn't change "Derek Threll - The Traveller" to Derek. This actually can be a fun role playing thing. IE a character at a ball might use Lord Threll, and in a slum bar might use Rek, ie using alias' for different situations.

Wanderer
September 10th, 2007, 21:59
Very true Griogre... and in a mystery-setting, we don't even have to share real name 'Thin Male Human' - can introduce himself as anyone... although we are unlikely to see non-party gaming I suspect..

Oberoten
September 10th, 2007, 23:20
Chatwindow in frames would be a good solution, a lot like Mirc. (In fact that would be my PREFERED solution, with some kind of indication when you have gotten a new message in the frame, maybe even a bell? )

Kalan
September 11th, 2007, 05:34
I should have been a little more clear - I was referring to the character sheet issue and not the chat window :o

Wanderer
September 11th, 2007, 22:18
ahh - well, at least the discussion might raise the awareness of this as an item for review/work...