PDA

View Full Version : Unable to view class information

KlatuB
December 26th, 2021, 04:27
I don't know exactly when this happened but I have a character with a class from The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Players Guide.

I wanted to look at the class information but when I tried to I get the below error. The screenshot contains the error message and the loaded module, even with the module loaded I can't open the class information. What used to happen with I clicked on the checkmark is that the module would load and the character information would load.

What I'm thinking is that the module name was changed at some point which broke the link, if that is the case how do I fix the link(s) for this character without recreating the character.

Screenshot

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50571&stc=1&d=1640492017

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2021, 09:07
Um, I think at some point the name did accidentally get changed from DD Sword Coast etc to D&D sword Coast etc. This was fixed pretty quickly but you must have made the character in the short window when it was incorrect. The only way I can think of (other than recreating the character) is when you level up next drag the class from SCAG into the Class and Level dialog from SCAG and that should reset the link (I think).

dogfisc
December 26th, 2021, 16:04
Would it also be possible (if the GM is comfortable doing so) to edit the db.xml to update the link?

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2021, 17:50
Would it also be possible (if the GM is comfortable doing so) to edit the db.xml to update the link?
Yes. I would make another character and then copy that part of the new character to the old one to make sure the syntax is correct.

And make a backup first!

KlatuB
December 26th, 2021, 23:49
Zacchaeus, thanks for the suggestion, but would dragging the class without deleting the existing one just multi-class the character?

dogfisc / LordEntrails thanks for the suggestion, I had thought about that but wasn't sure of the link.

The other option we had thought about was deleting the class from the character, adding it back in and adjusting so that the level and stats are correct.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2021, 00:11
Possibly. It might just be easier to create the character again. Whatever solution you pursue it would be worth making a copy of the character first.