PDA

View Full Version : Wild Beyond the Witchlight - decals 2-5 have disappeared

Steenkin Badges
December 18th, 2021, 02:00
I'm presuming the changes for new decal system has overridden what was done in WBTW. Appendix F states:

"Several decals are available in the module to enhance your visual experience whilst playing the adventure. To access them click on Assets and with the images tab selected search for Decal_Witchlight. Select the one you want by double clicking on it and then click on the 'Set Background Decal' button."

These images, labelled "Decal_WitchlightOne" through "Decal_WitchlightSix" are now missing from the module. They show as blank when selected in the Images window, and these filenames do not appear in the "Assets" window.

Now, when searching for "decals" in the WBTW assets, there is a only a "dnd5-wtbw-one" and "dnd5-wtbw-six". The other four are missing.

Will these assets be returning? Or are they available elsewhere so I can load them into my local folder?

As a side note: Several of my adventure modules (COS and WBTW that I noticed) were updated today. I went looking for the release notes but they weren't mentioned. Are there plans for release notes?

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2021, 10:07
Actually the number of decals for TWBTW has increased to 21 by my count. They are all in the witchlight/decals folder. But you are correct in that the decals listed in the images inside the module should have been removed. I'll take a note to update that.

Steenkin Badges
December 18th, 2021, 10:26
I noticed that too, @Zacchaeus.

But the only two of the original six official decals are the files labelled "dnd5_wbtw_o[ne]" and "dnd5_wbtw_si[x]" in the image you posted.

The other four have gone missing.

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2021, 10:52
No, they are all there. See the highlighted image below. When I created Witchlight the decals were going to be just renamed images so that they could be easily picked out; but after it was done the methodology changed to a separate module. So all of the original images were renamed and moved to the decals module and Doug added some more (he got a bit carried away that day). I'm not actually sure why the images are still showing on the campaign images list; they don't show in my version so I think there may have been a hiccup somewhere. At any rate a new version of the module should find its way to Live shortly. Meantime, as I say, don't be looking for the decals in the images list - they should only be accessed via the Assets > Images and search for decals.

Steenkin Badges
December 18th, 2021, 12:26
No, they are all there. See the highlighted image below. When I created Witchlight the decals were going to be just renamed images so that they could be easily picked out; but after it was done the methodology changed to a separate module. So all of the original images were renamed and moved to the decals module and Doug added some more (he got a bit carried away that day). I'm not actually sure why the images are still showing on the campaign images list; they don't show in my version so I think there may have been a hiccup somewhere. At any rate a new version of the module should find its way to Live shortly. Meantime, as I say, don't be looking for the decals in the images list - they should only be accessed via the Assets > Images and search for decals.

Thanks @Zacchaeus. I got confused by the file naming.

Looks like they're all there. I hadn't paid much attention to the decals past the carnival as I've only prepped up to there so far.