PDA

View Full Version : D20 Call of Cthulhu

shax
September 7th, 2007, 17:05
Has anyone done a character sheet/ruleset for call of Cthulhu d20? I did a search and the coc rulesets that have been done seem to be for the non D20 version.

Thanks,

Foen
September 7th, 2007, 17:28
Sorry, mine are BRP rather than d20.

Stuart
(Foen)

Oberoten
September 7th, 2007, 19:36
It is the BRP version? *Dances in Glee* I will happily buy a copy once you are done. :)

- Obe

zifnab69_fr
September 24th, 2007, 17:04
Hello Foen.
if it's possible to have your Cthulhu ruleset i'll be very happy :)

thank you :)

Master
February 6th, 2008, 05:18
Sorry, mine are BRP rather than d20.

Stuart
(Foen)

I have a copy of the Cthulhu 6th edition in the mail when it gets here I was going to take a look at switching the program over to run that system. (if possible although I don't see how it wouldn't be.)

Do you have a status on your current work with Cthulhu BRP and what version of the system do you use?

Foen
February 6th, 2008, 06:05
BRP (Basic Roleplaying) is the current Call of Cthulhu version, d20 has been discontinued. Version 6 is therefore a BRP system.

The ruleset I have is for FG1, however, so it probably won't be very useful for you. An FG2 version is being developed, but has been temporarily suspended while I finish another project.

Stuart

terrell
February 7th, 2008, 03:14
I had a D20 CoC ruleset mostly done, but scrapped it when I picked up Monte Cook's World of Darkness. My players really wanted to play Mc WoD. So I created one for that.I

Some really simple XML editing and you could have a basic one done in a few hours - provided all you are wanting is to change skills, spells and feats. To put in all the other stuff will take some time, but it would not take a lot to play. You could track SAN loss in the languages box.

SolSec
February 10th, 2008, 02:22
BRP (Basic Roleplaying) is the current Call of Cthulhu version, d20 has been discontinued. Version 6 is therefore a BRP system.

The ruleset I have is for FG1, however, so it probably won't be very useful for you. An FG2 version is being developed, but has been temporarily suspended while I finish another project.

Stuart

Hi Foen,

I am also very interested in seeing a release of your CoC BRP 6th Edition ruleset for FG2.

IMHO, Fantasy Grounds *looks* to be the most appealing and most "polished" of the various virtual tabletops. Sadly, it's D20-centric focus means that all other non-D20 game systems (such as BRP Call of Cthulhu) are treated like forgotten stepchildren.

kalmarjan
February 10th, 2008, 03:50
Not entirely true... we do have C&C, Savage Worlds and a rumor about rolemaster in the works....

It all comes down to licensing... FGII is very customizable. You just have to have talent and the time to make the ruleset. ;)

Sandeman

Sigurd
February 10th, 2008, 04:07
IMHO, Fantasy Grounds *looks* to be the most appealing and most "polished" of the various virtual tabletops. Sadly, it's D20-centric focus means that all other non-D20 game systems (such as BRP Call of Cthulhu) are treated like forgotten stepchildren.

If you mean the system didn't create an encyclopedic collection of game rules and structures you're right - they went with the most popular game out at the time of publication. If you mean that Smite Works built a solid programing structure and then went ahead and published _without_ the nightmare of games rights and permissions you're right - they put the tools in the hands of the community to make their own rules..

I think for FG, all the game systems are step children. Some have just moved back home is all. There is a reasonably open system for developing rulesets for any game - including chess. If you're patient and\or contribute to a project you might well find whatever game you like supported. So long as you basically leave a place for the published rule books I think you'll find this is far far more adaptable than any other commercial program.

-sigurd.

(who would also love more Cthulu support) :)

Valarian
February 10th, 2008, 08:15
I do wish the Virtual Tabletop community could get the support of publishers for free community character sheets. We can do without rules as, if we're running a game, we've all got books to reference.

The problem is that each free character sheet is a potential revenue source gone (a licensed character sheet). I think this, and a general suspicion of the technology, makes publishers reluctant to say that character sheets are okay.

Griogre
February 11th, 2008, 04:24
I don't think it's money. Publishers give away character sheets other than maybe right at the launch of a game. It's general suspicion of the tech, IMHO. For a long time anything on the Internet was pirate, so bad.

Master
February 11th, 2008, 18:45
I am curring in the process of doing a Call of Cthulhu BRP 6.0 rule set but I fear by the time I program it I will have modified it a little. For instance I started doing the tracker yesterday and I decided that instead of the initiative being just the dex score it would be 1d6 plus your dex score. I also typed up a hit location and wound severity table similar to how mechwarrior 3rd edition does it but I integrated it with how cthulhu uses hit points and wounds.

So it is turning out to be more of a custom cthulhu BRP 6.0 ruleset...