PDA

View Full Version : LF1P -- Starting a New Campaign (Pathfinder 2E)

Cupcakus
December 17th, 2021, 19:55
FG Version: Unity
FG License: Ultimate (No FG license needed to play)
Game System: Pathfinder 2E

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA (GMT-5)
Day of week and time: Thursdays @ 8:00PM
Planned start date: December 23, 2021
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour Session once a week.
Term: Entire campaign, likely 6 to 8 months

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No, webcam is not required

Roleplay & Combat mix: 20/80
Number of Players in game & needed: Game Full
Character starting level & equipment: Starting level is 1, All equipment is available from all official Paizo publications, including Uncommon items. (If your character can afford them)
Character restrictions: No evil characters. No optional rules (You cannot take 2 faults for an extra boost, or roll for stats). Any character options from any published Paizo book. Almost all Uncommon or Rare choices are usually just fine for ancestry/background/class, as long as you are not min/maxing and can dream up a compelling background for your character to have such rare traits. The party is likely needing a front-liner type of character. (Melee class). All characters in this particular campaign take a caster dedication as a "Free Archetype" more information can be found in the Player's Guide for this Adventure Path.

Experience Required: We are a very seasoned group that has been playing PF2E weekly since its launch. While we don't expect you to be an expert in PF2E, we do want our new player to be somewhat experienced in the core rules and how to navigate Fantasy Grounds Unity. Please be sure you can commit the time to complete the campaign, and the greater majority of sessions. Missing a session every now and again is fine.
Details of scenario:
Strength of Thousands Adventure Path

A magic school like no other! The oldest and most prestigious magic academy in the world is the Magaambya, an ancient institution founded by the greatest wizard the world has ever known. This wizard vanished long ago, but his sinister enemies plot against his school and those who attend it. Over their long academic career, the heroes rise from humble students to become teachers, and they ultimately hold the fate of the Magaambya magic academy in their hands. Graduates of the Magaambya are among the greatest wardens of the world, but if the heroes can't marshal the strength of thousands who have come before them, the venerable Magaambya might fall!

EDIT: Game is now full again, thank you all for your interest

Nachoman3530
December 18th, 2021, 02:53
Hey hey! Are you still looking to fill the slot?
I am an experienced (and love the system btw) P2 player having played in a couple campaigns since the playtest.
Front liner of some type is ok. Have been wanting to play this campaign since announced.

Cupcakus
December 22nd, 2021, 00:00
This slot has opened up again so I'm bumping it. Please let me know if youre interested!

Zenith123
December 22nd, 2021, 11:50
Hey there,

I have limited experience with PF2e, but I am long time RPG veteran, ever since AD&D.
I have no problem learning a new system and be up to speed within one hour. As for Fantasy Grounds Unity, I've been using it for PF1e for the past 6 months, o problems there.
If a frontliner is needed, perhaps I'll go with a Shadow / inexorable iron magus.

Hit me up with a DM or write here, and I'd like to hear more information via Discord.

- Zenith.

Rabidredneck
December 25th, 2021, 01:17
I'd be interested in trying this. I've played some 2e, never gone through a full AP. The listed day and time works well for me as well. Let me know if you want to talk more.

JaymzLuke
December 29th, 2021, 23:59
Don't know if you have filled the slot but would love to join. Very familiar with FG. Haven't actually played PF2 yet but I just bought most of the books and have already started reading up.