PDA

View Full Version : GM Chat Name not showing up.

GravityBlade
December 16th, 2021, 20:21
Tested this in several campaigns using various names. The Chat Name in a campaign for the GM defaults and can't be overridden by entering something in the Chat Name text box.

This started occurring after the most recent patch. It was working normally till then.

Is this to be expected going forward?

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2021, 21:43
Can you provide a screen clip of what you are trying to edit that is not working? Which game system?
(Screen clip in Windows is Windows key + Shift + S)

Regards,
JPG

GravityBlade
December 17th, 2021, 03:26
In the two examples setting a Chat Name in the Load Campaign section is not showing in the game when it's running.

I tested this in Starfinder and Mongoose Traveller campaigns. I don't run other systems so I can't check them.

Hope this helps understand what I'm seeing.

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2021, 09:01
I can confirm this. In an existing PFRPG2 campaign or a new or existing 5e campaign the chat name isn't showing up.

Redemption77
December 17th, 2021, 14:32
Same with Pathfinder Savage Worlds. Also in pathfinder savage worlds the NPC voice isnt showing up and the mood setting isnt working either with the NPC.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2021, 17:51
I'm actually thinking about removing the "Chat Name" field completely from the launch screen; as it is a remainder from FGC and adds no practical value. You can already override the GM default chat tag directly in a session using the /gmid chat command. This is also driven by the fact that I believe that the fix is going to be way more work than you would think it should given the way campaign data is loaded.

The Savage Worlds chat name is a different issue that I will look at related to the other thread.

Regards,
JPG