PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.1.0)

Goblin-King
September 7th, 2007, 07:31
Version 2.1.0

Changed minor version to 2.1 due to an incompatibility with earlier versions introduced in 2.0.12
Fixed a crash bug that would occur when the deactivation of an adventure module would leave the adventure books empty</li>
Fixed a crash bug occurring at startup when reloading large modules activated during earlier sessions
Fixed a crash bug happening when handling tokens that were sized exactly the same as the token box in their unscaled form. Also implemented a fix to an issue causing large tokens to be out of position when tokens are sorted.
Fixed a scripting bug causing problems with the creation of submenus containing only script based entries

Dachannien
September 7th, 2007, 08:16
I'm really glad to see that you guys are actively continuing to work on FG alongside your efforts to present the program at gaming events. Thanks much for the update :)

However, I would like to direct your attention to a post I made about a month ago describing a severe crash bug I continue to get:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6903

Thanks again!

Sorontar
September 7th, 2007, 10:18
I love update days but can I ask

Are these the issues that will now enable the release of the CSRD?

This is the first time I have had a custom ruleset in my folder, do I need to replace any files in particular?

Cheers

richvalle
September 7th, 2007, 13:17
Sorontar,

I think it does fix the SRD issue.

I'm not sure how to update a custom rule set so I'll let someone else talk about that.

Are you sure you need one though? I just added the CSRD to my existing D20 game last night with no issues. Since its all modules you can just load them and unload them as needed. I thought this was rather cool.

rv

Blue Haven
September 7th, 2007, 13:55
Ok major problem in here :( the program continues to crash as i try to update to the new version!!! what can i do??? help please :(

Sorontar
September 7th, 2007, 14:04
Sorontar,

I'm not sure how to update a custom rule set so I'll let someone else talk about that.

Are you sure you need one though? I just added the CSRD to my existing D20 game last night with no issues. Since its all modules you can just load them and unload them as needed. I thought this was rather cool.

rv

I'll have a check and see, just wasn't sure which files had been changed and if they had an effect on rulesets.

Thore_Ironrock
September 7th, 2007, 15:22
Sorontar,

Yep! :)

I'll be working to get it up for sale shortly. There is a lot to do to get this out there, so everyone please be patient.

Thanks!

Blue Haven
September 7th, 2007, 17:35
Its funny i don&#180;t get no response :D but ok...can someone do an update file or some crap that allows us to update the program manually?? because i see that the problem has to do with the updater...Thanks a lot :D

Gilean
September 9th, 2007, 15:42
same for me...cannot update plz help us....or at least put on site na offline installer...

Valarian
September 9th, 2007, 19:44
What's the incompatibility, and will this affect custom rulesets?

Oberoten
September 9th, 2007, 21:44
Its funny i donīt get no response :D but ok...can someone do an update file or some crap that allows us to update the program manually?? because i see that the problem has to do with the updater...Thanks a lot :D

Email [email protected]

That should get their attention.

Blue Haven
September 10th, 2007, 11:17
Oberoten you see i&#180;m not the only one with this problem and other people already asked the same questions and still no answers so why should i send an email to them? i guess they are not blind and can see all the problems here in the forums...
But thanks :)

Oberoten
September 10th, 2007, 11:23
I just figure that they don't look so much at the boards seeing how active thet are here, even the thread that almost developed into a flamewar took them days to notice and even comment.

Callum
September 10th, 2007, 12:48
As there appear to be some fairly serious problems caused by this update, would you recommend that I don't apply it at the moment?

richvalle
September 10th, 2007, 14:04
I and several of my players have updated with no issues. I don't think it is an issue with the update content, but some people are having issues getting the update to install.

rv

Gilean
September 10th, 2007, 14:13
i disinstalled the program and reinstalled it but without success....is very difficult to put an offline installer on the site? T_T

Cyjack
September 10th, 2007, 22:16
I'd also like to see an answer to the question of how this will affect custom rulesets.

Thanks!

Blue Haven
September 11th, 2007, 01:03
I&#180;m trying to figure out why the f@#$ this **** happens!! but no luck...with me it started a long time ago when i get an flash for update version 2.0.12 but there was no update...then when the update 2.1 came out the bomb exploded :( i try to update, no way, then uninstall and then crash and crap world yupppiii :D
i guess this thing don&#180;t affect custom rulesets because if you can update the program you have no problem...but if you don&#180;t lolol you don&#180;t have to worry about the rulesets because you can&#180;t play lolol unless someone you know have the update installed and send you the files...this way it will work :)
it worked with me because i had a .rar with the files from update 2.0.11 and i simple copy them to the folder of the program and worked fine :D but stupid me i don&#180;t have the 2.0.12 update or the 2.1 :(

FlatNineSharpFive
September 11th, 2007, 04:11
It would be wonderful if they'd just provide us with an archive containing all of the 2.1 files so we can just copy them over.

Gilean
September 11th, 2007, 19:39
Bump...plz help us!!!is it possible that no dev reads this important forum????

FlatNineSharpFive
September 12th, 2007, 15:55
Bump...plz help us!!!is it possible that no dev reads this important forum????

Funny you should mention that...

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7190

Gilean
September 13th, 2007, 15:16
Bump!!! No Update Possible!!!!

Illrigger
September 13th, 2007, 19:37
Its funny i donīt get no response :D but ok...can someone do an update file or some crap that allows us to update the program manually?? because i see that the problem has to do with the updater...Thanks a lot :D
It's not going to happen. The updater is as much an anti-piracy tool as it is a convenience one. Releasing standalone patches would most likely be a bad thing for SW. I suggest you email support and see if they can help.

Gilean
September 14th, 2007, 13:27
emm and then? for this reason i'll never be able to update my FG? in this case i want my moneys back.

Sorontar
September 14th, 2007, 13:33
emm and then? for this reason i'll never be able to update my FG? in this case i want my moneys back.

In the other thread linked above Ged states they are aware of a problem with the updater and are working on a fix that will hopefully sort out your problem.

These things take time and the more the developers are here saying "no update sorry" the less time they have to work on the issue.

FlatNineSharpFive
September 15th, 2007, 01:15
In the other thread linked above Ged states they are aware of a problem with the updater and are working on a fix that will hopefully sort out your problem.

These things take time and the more the developers are here saying "no update sorry" the less time they have to work on the issue.

I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt that working at Smiteworks is like forced labor in a salt mine. I'm sure they could find some time to communicate with their customer base if they were so inclined.

Here's an idea! The developers post a quick thread at the top level of the forum notifying everyone they are aware of a problem and are working on a solution. That way there aren't multiple threads with many confused customers trying desperately to find answers. Perhaps they can take five minutes a day to update the status of that solution.

They can afford international advertising, so maybe they can also afford to hire a part-time community liason.

To the devs: apologies if I've been a thorn in your paw recently, but for the past decade I've made my living in industries where client satisfaction is the primary concern.

Sorontar
September 15th, 2007, 16:54
To the devs: apologies if I've been a thorn in your paw recently, but for the past decade I've made my living in industries where client satisfaction is the primary concern.

And now you're just passing on the love I take it ;)

Yes that post would be nice at the top of the forum but it isn't there as of yet. Needless to say having a kid in the back seat sreaming "Are we there yet" every 250 yards is so bloody annoying.

Hamish
September 15th, 2007, 19:04

Yes that post would be nice at the top of the forum but it isn't there as of yet. Needless to say having a kid in the back seat sreaming "Are we there yet" every 250 yards is so bloody annoying.

:D
Anyone else reminded of Shrek 2?
:D

FlatNineSharpFive
September 15th, 2007, 23:35

I love to have a satified client. I love to be a satisfied customer.

I'm in agreement with you there.

But...I think the kid would stop screaming if they had a game to keep them occupied.

Sorontar
September 16th, 2007, 00:23
I love to have a satified client. I love to be a satisfied customer.

I'm in agreement with you there.

But...I think the kid would stop screaming if they had a game to keep them occupied.

Nah they'd just smile at you sweetly and smack it on the back of your headrest :D

Gilean
September 16th, 2007, 01:12
another day, same problem here

https://img487.imageshack.us/img487/9417/capture2404200719434816lm5.th.jpg (https://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture2404200719434816lm5.jpg)

how much time must pass so that i can play to a game that i paied for?

joshuha
September 16th, 2007, 04:26
another day, same problem here

https://img487.imageshack.us/img487/9417/capture2404200719434816lm5.th.jpg (https://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture2404200719434816lm5.jpg)

how much time must pass so that i can play to a game that i paied for?

Ok in an effort to help out here:

Have you e-mailed [email protected]?

What Operating System are you running?
Are you comfortable going into the registry to troubleshoot this, as I think the solution is there?

Has FG 2 ever worked for you? If so, what version are you on now?

Do you get the same error when running FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe by itself?

kalmarjan
September 16th, 2007, 04:28
Ok major problem in here the program continues to crash as i try to update to the new version!!! what can i do??? help please

No offense, but this tells us absolutely nothing about what could be wrong, what is happening, or the particulars of your machine. Is it a DirectX problem? A RAM problem? Perhaps you need some drivers updated.... what is your OS? Is that up to date?

Screaming to the gods will get you nowhere. We cannot help you if you do not help us to help you.

I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt that working at Smiteworks is like forced labor in a salt mine. I'm sure they could find some time to communicate with their customer base if they were so inclined.

I see what you are saying, but on the other hand, remember that they need to go through support emails, coding, then they get a chance to check out the forums. Hence, the reason we have a community here.

Here's an idea! The developers post a quick thread at the top level of the forum notifying everyone they are aware of a problem and are working on a solution. That way there aren't multiple threads with many confused customers trying desperately to find answers. Perhaps they can take five minutes a day to update the status of that solution.

Again, could be a time issue. I am seeing about 10 different threads today alone on differing issues, six of which can be solved by the helpful members of this community. If a dev were to sit there and put a post on the top of each thread, they would be here all day. Plus, a lot of times, the "reporting" is less than stellar on the users end. I see a lot of ~ "I did this, and boom! The thing does not work!!!!!" No mention of OS, machine, DX config, whether it is a custom ruleset etc.

We as a community are trying to help, so being more specific in your posts helps a lot. Also, the scathing remarks probably does not help your case. Just an observation mate. ;)

They can afford international advertising, so maybe they can also afford to hire a part-time community liason.

Hmm.... So have I. On the other hand, I have never had to deal with a situation where there are about 1000 customers, with even 5 percent of those people with problems, well, that is 50 customers at the same time. Wanna try to give your best?

I think that the Devs do a good job, considering. I have been here since the beginning, and I have no problems with them. I would say that the patching is second to none... we are already at FGII 2.1.0, which is pretty darn good in my books.

Sandeman

Dachannien
September 16th, 2007, 04:51
I'm a hair confused here, btw - my group and I haven't had any problems with the update, but we all got FG a while back. Is it still the case that the update problems are only affecting people who installed from the GenCon CD, or are other people having trouble as well?

Griogre
September 16th, 2007, 05:24
Hard to tell, Dachannien. The 2.1.0 should have fixed the GenCon guys, but it either messed up some other guys or revealed another bug or there is some other problem.

FlatNineSharpFive
September 16th, 2007, 19:12
Kalmarjan,

Your comments are well informed and noted on this end.

Unfortunately, not everyone (myself included) knows that they need to provide the particulars of their machine (RAM, DirectX, OS, etc) to help diagnose the problem. Perhaps you'd be helpful enough to provide a checklist/tutorial for those of us who don't know how to poke around under the hood. I would really appreciate that.

The community here is amazing, and my problem was solved long ago thanks to a community member.

Fantasy Grounds is an amazing product and I'll continue to support it and spread the good word.

My frustration is simply this: communication between Smiteworks and its customer base is well below my expectations. We can attempt to justify it, but the fact remains.

Oberoten
September 16th, 2007, 21:28
Graphics Board, Drivers,
Operative System
Memory
Antivirus
Firewalls

Any other prorams installed that might interfere or soak up bandwidth?
Did you do a spyware and virus scan when the problem appeared.

Gilean
September 17th, 2007, 00:15
Graphics Board, Drivers,
Operative System
Memory
Antivirus
Firewalls

Any other prorams installed that might interfere or soak up bandwidth?
Did you do a spyware and virus scan when the problem appeared.
Ati radeon x9150 xtx
2gb ram kindstom
Nod32 vers. 2.70
Sygate firewall
nope
yes i make a full virus and spyware scan without success

my pc has windows xp sp2. I tried in my laptop with windows vista, just installed and it crashed.

Hamish
September 17th, 2007, 08:39
Hmmm, I'm guessing that's Italian.... but the general idea is clear. Have you tried clicking the link for more information. If your problem is driver-related, maybe you can track it down from that info.

Gilean
September 17th, 2007, 12:52
here is the writestamp

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="UpdaterEngine.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="FantasyGrounds.exe" SIZE="155648" CHECKSUM="0xB956B9CE" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x322CF" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/04/2007 18:34:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/04/2007 18:34:08" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" SIZE="155648" CHECKSUM="0xB956B9CE" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x322CF" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/04/2007 18:34:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/04/2007 18:34:08" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Uninstall.exe" SIZE="170688" CHECKSUM="0x5F3A4768" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="03/31/2007 15:09:55" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/31/2007 15:09:55" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="UpdaterEngine.exe" SIZE="1277952" CHECKSUM="0x1119773C" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x13D46D" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/04/2007 18:40:17" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/04/2007 18:40:17" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1030144" CHECKSUM="0x63AD23D8" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" FILE_DESCRIPTION="DLL client di Windows NT BASE API" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Sistema operativo Microsoft&#174; Windows&#174;" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119 (xpsp_sp2_qfe.070416-1259)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="&#169; Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x10A8A5" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 16:09:54" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 16:09:54" VER_LANGUAGE="Italiano (Italia) [0x410]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

Hamish
September 17th, 2007, 13:57
Okay, thanks but sorry. No useful info in there. At least not that I can see.

joshuha
September 17th, 2007, 14:58
Ok in an effort to help out here:

Have you e-mailed [email protected]?

What Operating System are you running?
Are you comfortable going into the registry to troubleshoot this, as I think the solution is there?

Has FG 2 ever worked for you? If so, what version are you on now?

Do you get the same error when running FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe by itself?

Have you answered the above questions? It will help me more than just a hardware report to solve your issue. Thanks.

Gilean
September 17th, 2007, 20:35
Have you answered the above questions? It will help me more than just a hardware report to solve your issue. Thanks.

what must i do in regedit?
it worked....now not the version is 2.0.12
no, only updating.

Oberoten
September 17th, 2007, 20:41
what must i do in regedit?
it worked....now not the version is 2.0.12
no, only updating.

Did you buy during FG 1.n or during 2.n ? Gencon-version?

Have you checked the Key to make sure there are the dashes in it?