PDA

View Full Version : Errata Chnages Work Around?

combatmedicbush
December 16th, 2021, 11:07
What would be the easiest way to revert back the content or keep the pre-errata content for 5E DnD. Not a big fan of most of changes and want to revert it back in my content. Any suggestions helpful...

LordEntrails
December 16th, 2021, 15:24
Don't update ever again would be the easiest. The most practical would be to make copies of the vault items you do not want updates to, save them in a different location, and then creplace the vault updates with the old versions after you update each time. No other ways I know of.

GavinRuneblade
December 16th, 2021, 20:37
Make your own version of the content you want to keep. Or buy a hardcopy of the books. Lore changes don't change NPC stats in any meaningful way or spell content, subclass abilities etc. It's mostly the "story" entries and the "reference guide" sections of modules. You can use the mechanics from an eratta'd module and the text from an old hardcopy or your own version of the story entry. There should only be a few mechanical things you'll need to tweak.

I find this has been useful for everything I homerule over the years I've been using Fantasy Grounds (going back to classic). I have the official book, and I have my version. It is one of my favorite things about Fantasy Grounds how easily I can make my own story entries and cross link the pins to the official book. And a lot of PDFs I pick up on DMSGuild or DriveThru I only add the mechanic stuff to FG and use the PDF for all the text. Works for me, might work for you.