PDA

View Full Version : Place link to dynamic table in reference manual

Valyar
December 16th, 2021, 07:00
I am converting 5e compatible content and the player's handbook has chapter with equipment as usual. I want in the reference manual to place link to the dynamic tables generated from Items library buttons, rather than link to individual items, or worst - text-based table.

Since I can't open any of the existing modules that have that because they are in the vault, I would like to ask for the code or guidance how I can achieve this?

Screenshot is attached in case my explanation is not good.

damned
December 16th, 2021, 08:58
Drag the link in to the refman builder.

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2021, 09:08
You can't do this from within Fantasy Grounds. You'd need to manipulate the xml. Here's a snippet which shows you the format required. You'd need to replace the name with the name of the module that you are creating the lists in.

<link type="windowreference" class="reference_weapontable" recordname="reference.equipmentlists.weapontable@DD PHB Deluxe"><b>Link:</b> Weapon List</link>
<link type="windowreference" class="reference_armortable" recordname="reference.equipmentlists.armortable@DD PHB Deluxe"><b>Link:</b> Armor List</link>
<link type="windowreference" class="reference_adventuringgeartable" recordname="reference.equipmentlists.adventuringgeartable@DD PHB Deluxe"><b>Link:</b> Adventuring Gear</link>
<link type="windowreference" class="reference_adventuringgeartable" recordname="reference.equipmentlists.toolstable@DD PHB Deluxe"><b>Link:</b> Tools</link></item>

Valyar
December 16th, 2021, 14:46
How those lists are created? Are those the one I define under aListView in my data_library.lua file or it is something else?

superteddy57
December 16th, 2021, 15:00
The windowclass is defined in the ruleset, but the record is from the player handbook.

Valyar
December 16th, 2021, 16:26
I am not sure how to refer this in the module I export using the native /export mechanism. I have completely different content inside when it comes to recordname.
I guess I have to work out if the default window classes in ref can work for me.

superteddy57
December 16th, 2021, 17:04
As Zacchaeus mentions, this would need to be done at the XML level in changing the links to those he has listed.

Valyar
December 16th, 2021, 17:38
Yes, I am just not sure what to refer from my module while updating the links. :)
Will leave this for the last, not that urgent now, though will create a ticker in the board so I don't forget.

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2021, 17:42
In a related note, with the new core code; any list views which are registered for a record type can be exported as part of the standard module export, and will be available in the top-level Modules window when selecting the book.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
December 16th, 2021, 17:49
In a related note, with the new core code; any list views which are registered for a record type can be exported as part of the standard module export, and will be available in the top-level Modules window when selecting the book.

Regards,
JPG
Yes, I noticed this improvement and it is excellent! :)
I have all list views I need and they are neatly exported in the root of the module. Now I need to figure out how to refer them in the content of the reference manual in the XML as post-export activities before submitting.

Valyar
December 16th, 2021, 18:42
Figured it out. Case closed, thanks for the support guys. :)

Jiminimonka
December 30th, 2021, 09:12
Figured it out. Case closed, thanks for the support guys. :)

I'm trying to figure this out too, but Savage Worlds doesn't export all the tables during Export. So I'm going to have to do it manually, any pointers would be appreciated.