PDA

View Full Version : Druid circle consolidation

gmdmb3
December 14th, 2021, 17:52
ok so i have a player that plays a Druid from level 1, i purchase Xanathar's Guide BEFORE the level up. In order for them to select circle of dreams or shepherd i have to make sure they pick the druid class from the correct book or the option for the proper circle is not available. Same issue goes for homebrew circles. my question is this... Is there any way to condense all the circles so i only have a single druid class, Or would i have to create my druid class that has them all available?

LordEntrails
December 14th, 2021, 18:27
I thought that if the player had all the sources open they would get all the choices. But been awhile since I've tried. I also think that once the Character Creation Wizard is revamped that it will do what you want, but again, the player will have to have the right sources loaded.

gmdmb3
December 14th, 2021, 18:32
i will have to test that out, thank you.

LordEntrails
December 14th, 2021, 19:18
Don't hesitate to tell me I was wrong :)

You can create your own class, but I don't think you need to.

Zacchaeus
December 14th, 2021, 19:29
LE is correct; as long as the player has all of the modules open they'll get the choice of any archetype that is available.

gmdmb3
December 14th, 2021, 19:49
Yeah i just tried all that and the other options show up like they should but my homebrew circle does not is there a way to have them "Load" my custom option?

Zacchaeus
December 14th, 2021, 19:53
Custom options won't show up because the xml is radically different from the official books. That is one case where you'll need to have them load the correct module and choose only from that module.

gmdmb3
December 14th, 2021, 20:01
do we know if simply adding a custom specialization is something that is in the works? or maybe there is an extension i am unaware of?

superteddy57
December 14th, 2021, 20:13
Custom content is always an issue since most of the features are parsed from the text. When the new character wizard goes LIVE, it should pick up custom classes made within the campaign, but still not guaranteed to make selections available from said class. I did however make some feature/trait names universal to have the text within attempt a parse. When dealing with custom content, you may still have to do manual edits to get things to work correctly.

GavinRuneblade
December 16th, 2021, 20:46
do we know if simply adding a custom specialization is something that is in the works? or maybe there is an extension i am unaware of?

I have had success starting from the SRD versions of each class and adding all my own stuff (and things from PDFs I'm manually importing to FG) onto that skeleton. In this case, FGU recognizes the xml of the SRD's Druid as being a Druid, and all my subclasses are Druid subclass options. Plus, it keeps all my stuff in one spot for my players.