PDA

View Full Version : Castles & Crusades Ruleset

Alto Banor
September 5th, 2007, 15:20
Is there anymore information on the release date of the Castles & Crusades ruleset? Maybe this month? :D

Alto

Thore_Ironrock
September 6th, 2007, 12:30
Is there anymore information on the release date of the Castles & Crusades ruleset? Maybe this month? :D

Alto

We are punching the final bugs out now, and TLG is reviewing. Hopefully very soon. :)

Alto Banor
September 6th, 2007, 13:11
Thanks for the update!!

Alto

Loki
September 10th, 2007, 14:32
We are punching the final bugs out now, and TLG is reviewing. Hopefully very soon. :)

w00t! Anyone here played C&C on Fantasy Ground yet? Looks like the perfect game for this medium.

Alto Banor
September 10th, 2007, 15:32
Not yet... I'm waiting for the full integration. When it is released I will gobble it up and prepare for battle!!

Alto

Alto Banor
September 16th, 2007, 02:18
Waiting mode .... :D

Thore_Ironrock
September 16th, 2007, 02:29
Waiting mode .... :D

Debugging mode .... ;)

Oberoten
September 16th, 2007, 08:06
Cheering-on mode

Alto Banor
September 16th, 2007, 13:15
Soon to be happyeerrrr mode .... :)

Alto Banor
September 25th, 2007, 00:23
Looks like next month...

rom90125
September 25th, 2007, 01:17
Alto,

My name is Rom and I'm the lead engineer/coder/dude working on the C&C ruleset for DA. I want to offer my apologies to you and the other users waiting for this ruleset. I know it is taking a bit longer than anyone had expected, but I have been working hard to clean up the ruleset and playtest it throughly before signing off on the delivery to DA. If you are looking to point the finger, or just vent, then I'm your man. I have committed to DA that regardless of RL issues, I will have the latest build complete, tested and delivered to them by the end of this week. Again, thanks to everyone for their continued patience.

Alto Banor
September 25th, 2007, 01:40
Please forgive my impatience!!! I am also a coder and I know how you feel! As much as I or any other person is concerned, I would rather have it work with few errors than be released before it's time!

Do not apologize!

P.S. Get some sleep! :D

Brian

tenkar
September 25th, 2007, 19:18
Excellent... I am eagerly waiting to get my grubby little hands on this ;)

Sorontar
September 25th, 2007, 19:26
Excellent... I am eagerly waiting to get my grubby little hands on this ;)

Nevermind that lazybones, you wash those hands before you touch it :)

tenkar
September 26th, 2007, 17:36
Nevermind that lazybones, you wash those hands before you touch it :)

Heh... the moment this goes lives i'll be ordering and installing, clean hands or not ;)

Kalan
September 26th, 2007, 19:27
Heh... the moment this goes lives i'll be ordering and installing, clean hands or not ;)

ewwww.....

Astinus
September 28th, 2007, 04:40
I have committed to DA that regardless of RL issues, I will have the latest build complete, tested and delivered to them by the end of this week. Again, thanks to everyone for their continued patience.
That is such awesome news. Thanks for the update.

Astinus
October 2nd, 2007, 06:10
I was just reading Kevin's explanation of how the CSRD works for FGII here (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7204&highlight=module+ruleset)

Am I correct in assuming the same will apply for the Castles & Crusades ruleset?

And does this new "module" structure for rulesets mean that I can get to work on my C&C campaign now, export it to various modules and that these modules will work fine alongside the C&C ruleset/modules when they are released? Or, once the C&C ruleset is released, will I have to edit the MOD file to have my modules work with C&C?

Alto Banor
October 2nd, 2007, 19:49
Will this product be available only at the DA web site? What is the expected price? (Need to save up my pennies... :D )

Alto

Stuart
October 2nd, 2007, 21:43
My guess, but Thore will correct me, is that the ruleset will be available at the DA site; rpg.now etc take quite a slice :-(

Cost ... you have me ... I could guess but that will not help your fiscal planning.

Alto Banor
October 3rd, 2007, 02:03
I have no problem ordering from DA....

Alto

Thore_Ironrock
October 3rd, 2007, 02:14
I was just reading Kevin's explanation of how the CSRD works for FGII here (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7204&highlight=module+ruleset)

Am I correct in assuming the same will apply for the Castles & Crusades ruleset?

And does this new "module" structure for rulesets mean that I can get to work on my C&C campaign now, export it to various modules and that these modules will work fine alongside the C&C ruleset/modules when they are released? Or, once the C&C ruleset is released, will I have to edit the MOD file to have my modules work with C&C?

The CnC Ruleset will work like the Savage Worlds ruleset in design. The "ruleset" will be the graphical & character sheet interface, and the modules will contain the PHB & Monster book data. It will not be modules only like the CSRD.

As for compiling/exporting modules within the C&C ruleset, that functionality will still follow the FG "laws" about how to create/export to modules.

Thore_Ironrock
October 3rd, 2007, 02:15
Will this product be available only at the DA web site? What is the expected price? (Need to save up my pennies... :D )

Alto

As of now this is to be determined.

tenkar
October 3rd, 2007, 03:03
Kevin, are we close to release? Looking forward to giving it a good shake.

Thore_Ironrock
October 3rd, 2007, 03:24
Kevin, are we close to release? Looking forward to giving it a good shake.

I had a few changes for the boys after creating an adventure with the ruleset -- oh ... The Rising Knight will be included free -- so that is where we are at the moment from a design standpoint. I'm also waiting on some info from TLG.

Getting this project released is currently our top priority, and when I know a date I'll pass it along to this thread.

Thanks!

Alto Banor
October 3rd, 2007, 15:54
Thanks Kevin! I know you are tired of hearing questions about the release date but, we appreciate the status updates.

Alto

tenkar
October 3rd, 2007, 19:06
Aye, much thanks!

Alto Banor
October 11th, 2007, 14:25
So Kevin.... What's the latest update? :D

Alto

Thore_Ironrock
October 11th, 2007, 23:40
So Kevin.... What's the latest update? :D

Alto

We're making a few more tweaks to the interface in regards to Personalities and Combat Tracking, then I think we're good to go as long as I can get all the legal stuff from TLGs that needs to go into the product. In converting The Rising Knight I noticed a few things in the interface that needed changing, and that is what we're working on now. All of the text and such is done.

Hopefully very soon. ;)

Alto Banor
October 12th, 2007, 00:13
Sounds Good!! Won't bug you till next Thursday. ;)

Alto

Astinus
October 12th, 2007, 00:43
Sweet! Our whole group is waiting on this one. New campaign ready to go and everything.

romelwell
October 16th, 2007, 21:46
Rom here. I had to create a new account as I forgot my password and SW is not sending me the email to reset my account...go figure.

Anyway, I wanted to give a brief update for those faithful souls awaiting the C&C ruleset. As Kevin mentioned a few posts ago, we have been working hard to tweak the Personalities and Combat Tracking areas of the ruleset. As of today, I have submitted the latest build of the ruleset to DA for review. I'm pleased with the most recent modifications and I look forward to seeing this ruleset released so we can get your feedback.

Later.

Astinus
October 16th, 2007, 22:09
Hey thanks for the update, Rom. Great news.

As for the faithful souls, there are a lot of faithful C&Cers over on the Troll Lords forum playing online with Skype - but no DTT. So hopefully this ruleset will introduce the wonderful world of FG to a whole new group of gamers.

romelwell
October 16th, 2007, 22:11
Hey thanks for the update, Rom. Great news.

As for the faithful souls, there are a lot of faithful C&Cers over on the Troll Lords forum playing online with Skype - but no DTT. So hopefully this ruleset will introduce the wonderful world of FG to a whole new group of gamers.

Yeah, I posted over there a while ago to let them know about the work to convert C&C for FGII. There seemed to be some interest, which was nice to hear.

Alto Banor
October 23rd, 2007, 17:54
Okay, My obligitory post for an update.... :D

romelwell
October 23rd, 2007, 22:32
An update...we are discussing how closely to mirror the drag/drop functionality of the combat tracker in the d20 ruleset. The C&C ruleset supports drag/drop attack/damage from the combat tracker, but not exactly like the d20 ruleset (it is a different ruleset after all). However, the powers at DA have asked us to again modify the logic for the combat tracker so it supports a D20 attack/damage string.

It is my understanding that once this issue is resolved DA will move forward with making the ruleset available for purchase. Of course, I do not have the final say on such matters and my speculation should be taken as wild, unsubstantiated rumor until such time that the ruleset is posted for sale. :D

romelwell
October 24th, 2007, 02:49
An update...we are discussing how closely to mirror the drag/drop functionality of the combat tracker in the d20 ruleset. The C&C ruleset supports drag/drop attack/damage from the combat tracker, but not exactly like the d20 ruleset (it is a different ruleset after all). However, the powers at DA have asked us to again modify the logic for the combat tracker so it supports a D20 attack/damage string.

It is my understanding that once this issue is resolved DA will move forward with making the ruleset available for purchase. Of course, I do not have the final say on such matters and my speculation should be taken as wild, unsubstantiated rumor until such time that the ruleset is posted for sale. :D

Another update (wow! Two C&C updates in one day..what the hell is going on?)

I have submitted the latest (last?) build to Kevin and the fine gents at DA for review. I think I hear the fat lady warming up in the wings...;)

Alto Banor
October 24th, 2007, 03:34
Sloooooow down Romelwell! If you post another update, I just might fall over... ;)

Alto

Astinus
October 24th, 2007, 03:51
Cue the drum roll...

Alto Banor
October 31st, 2007, 15:09
Ready to do battle.... :pirate:

Astinus
November 1st, 2007, 02:35
I have submitted the latest (last?) build to Kevin and the fine gents at DA for review. I think I hear the fat lady warming up in the wings...;)

And how was the latest (last?) build received?

romelwell
November 1st, 2007, 04:16
The rule set was well received and play-testing revealed a minor snafu that was fixed during the weekend. Regrettably, I was sent on the road by my employer, early Monday morning, and just returned home in the last 30 minutes (I missed Halloween with my kids, and my oldest daughter getting braces). The only outstanding work related to the rule set is the 'FAQ / How To' for the special features related to the rule set.

romelwell
November 2nd, 2007, 01:15
FYI...
The FAQ was delivered a short time ago.

Astinus
November 2nd, 2007, 01:57
Thanks for the update. It mustn't be long now, then.

romelwell
November 2nd, 2007, 03:08
no prob regarding the update. I'm hoping you see my name tied to the C&C / FG II port for some time...:D

Thore_Ironrock
November 3rd, 2007, 05:32
For Sale Now!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7458