PDA

View Full Version : Mac users and the pain of middle click

Leisure Muffin
December 6th, 2021, 23:00
I probably don't really need to type much more, lol. There's a bunch of stuff that improves speed of working that I'm missing without being able to middle click. Any mac users out there have a solution? #1 is quickly panning the map, and geez, i'd love to be able to draw pointers real fast too.

Leisure Muffin
December 6th, 2021, 23:09
While I'm at it, does anyone have a solution for right clicking while dragging with a touchpad? kind of impossible to add dice to a roll with touchpad as well.

damned
December 6th, 2021, 23:25
Panning the map use the compass rose thingy bottom right.

Dire Weasel
December 6th, 2021, 23:29
Unfortunately I've found a mouse is pretty much required. I'm currently using a Logitech.

Ulric
December 7th, 2021, 03:19
Buy a cheap mouse. You will be glad you did.

Leisure Muffin
December 7th, 2021, 03:49
Panning the map use the compass rose thingy bottom right.

oh yeah, i know, but it would be a lot quicker with a middle button or even a key modifier.

LordEntrails
December 7th, 2021, 03:54
Yep, 3 button mouse is the way to go. Every now and then I run on my laptop and don't have my mouse and use the alternate controls, but the mouse is so much easier.

Not much SW can do about it since the key combinations and mouse pad commands are not something they can directly access or control.

ddavison
December 7th, 2021, 14:02
Buying a cheap 3rd party mouse is definitely the recommended approach.

sirkerry
December 7th, 2021, 16:58
Buying a cheap 3rd party mouse is definitely the recommended approach.

Yep, that's what I ended up doing, works so much better with FGU on the Mac (and using RDP to access remote Windows boxes) than the fancy Magic Mouse thingy that this iMac came with.

Rad80
December 9th, 2021, 11:49
Iwish the devs would implement a keyboard way to pad the images. Seriously, that would be almost enough.

ddavison
December 9th, 2021, 14:57
Iwish the devs would implement a keyboard way to pad the images. Seriously, that would be almost enough.

You can pan the map window with the arrow keys if you don't have any tokens or tiles selected.