PDA

View Full Version : Extensions from the Forge do not show up in Fantasy Grounds Unity

mervhd
December 3rd, 2021, 14:55
Hello, fellow gamers. I am running FGU on a iMac running macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 - This is my first time using The FG Forge so I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong. I am logged into the same accounts from FG, the forums, and The Forge. I have selected a few free extensions and I now own them. None of them are hidden or disabled. I closed out FGU and restarted it, then ran an update. When I logged into FGU and loaded a campaign, none of the extensions were available.

-Are these extension compatible with Mac?
-Do I need a Forge Subscription to use the extensions? If so where do I do that at, I have not seen a subscription option for the forge?
-Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Thanks in advance,
Merv

LordEntrails
December 3rd, 2021, 15:33
There is no Forge subscription you need to worry about.

It's possible the extensions are only available in a channel (i.e. Test instead of Live) and therefore you are not seeing them. Did they download when you did an update? Which extensions did you subscribe to and how are you looking for them in FG?

Zacchaeus
December 3rd, 2021, 15:35
As far as I'm aware extensions will be available to any platform.

Did you update FGU after you selected the forge items? You do need to update after selecting forge items just the same as if you had purchased a module from the store.

ju95
December 3rd, 2021, 15:42
Mervhd, if you can please try disabling and re-enabling the missing items first (that will try to resync the item on the FGU server). If that doesn't work for, please post the name of the extensions and the username of the account if it is not this one.

mervhd
December 3rd, 2021, 15:54
There is no Forge subscription you need to worry about.

It's possible the extensions are only available in a channel (i.e. Test instead of Live) and therefore you are not seeing them. Did they download when you did an update? Which extensions did you subscribe to and how are you looking for them in FG?

Here are the names and authors of the extensions I have added. No it does not appear they downloaded with the update. There isn't anything in my Vault folder nor in my Extensions folder. I read they go to the Vault folder, not sure if that is the case or not.

mervhd
December 3rd, 2021, 15:55
Mervhd, if you can please try disabling and re-enabling the missing items first (that will try to resync the item on the FGU server). If that doesn't work for, please post the name of the extensions and the username of the account if it is not this one.

I just completed this as you requested and still no change. Here are the names and authors of the extensions I have.

mervhd
December 3rd, 2021, 15:57
As far as I'm aware extensions will be available to any platform.

Did you update FGU after you selected the forge items? You do need to update after selecting forge items just the same as if you had purchased a module from the store.

Yes. I updated FGU after I selected the forge items. Just for completeness sake, I exited out of FGU, restarted my computer. disabled and re-enabled the extensions. opened FGU Updater, ran an update, and it still did not show up. It does. not look like they are downloading.

ju95
December 3rd, 2021, 16:34
Hey merv, I went in and confirmed that both servers show that you are subscribed to those 16 items, could you run the updater again, and then grab the log for me:50193 and just message it to me directly, and I'll see if I can figure out why the items aren't showing up for you.

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2021, 16:58
There isn't anything in my Vault folder nor in my Extensions folder. I read they go to the Vault folder, not sure if that is the case or not.
The location of the item depends on how the owner set up the Forge entry. Plus the filename used is a unique identifier, not an easy to read name. for example, the filename (UUID) for the Author extension is shown at bottom of the Forge page:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50194

damned
December 3rd, 2021, 21:24
Some of these are modules some are extensions.
Do the Extensions show up on the Load Campaign screen under extensions?
Do the modules show up in that part of the Library?

ju95
December 3rd, 2021, 21:41
We've determined this is an updater issue, not a forge issue, and it is being looked into.

mervhd
December 6th, 2021, 12:43
First off, I would like to thank everyone who posted to help me resolve this issue. The FG team reached out to me and helped me resolve the issue. The problem was my updater was not updating to the newest version of FGU which was stopping my extensions from loading properly. After trying a few different work arounds, which did not work because of my inability to follow instructions, I took their advice and uninstalled and re-installed FGU using the latest download. After it loaded back up it updated to the most current version and my extensions downloaded as well.
Again thanks for everyones help.

pmeade3
January 27th, 2022, 04:50
I hope it's ok to piggyback off of mervhd's post, but I'm finding I'm having the same (or similar) issue. I tried to install my first extension, which happens to be the Author extension Trenloe references above from The Forge. But...when I start FGU, I don't see anything in the chat window saying it's loaded. I've done the Check for Updates that Zac suggested. I've disabled and re-enabled the extension in Forge as ju95 suggested. No luck so far.

damned
January 27th, 2022, 04:52
Hi pmeade3

When you choose Load Campaign - before hitting Start - is CoreRPG: Author listed as an available extension? If so tick it and it will then be available in that campaign.

pmeade3
January 27th, 2022, 04:55
You mean, in that box labeled "Extensions"? Right in front of me, that I never look at except when I first create a campaign?
::facepalm:: I has the dumbs. Thank you damned.

mervhd
January 27th, 2022, 05:54
I hope it's ok to piggyback off of mervhd's post, but I'm finding I'm having the same (or similar) issue. I tried to install my first extension, which happens to be the Author extension Trenloe references above from The Forge. But...when I start FGU, I don't see anything in the chat window saying it's loaded. I've done the Check for Updates that Zac suggested. I've disabled and re-enabled the extension in Forge as ju95 suggested. No luck so far.

If you haven’t resolved it yet consider backing up your files and uninstalling fantasy grounds. Download the new installer and reinstall.
My issue was, for what ever reason, my FG updated was not properly updating FG.
Once I did that, everything worked like a charm.

pmeade3
January 27th, 2022, 06:30
Thanks Mervhd, I was being an idiot. Since I hadn't set up an extension before, I never look at the Extensions box at the start of FGU except when I first start a Campaign (to select the Pathfinder theme). So I didn't think to check there and select the Author box that is now clearly available to me.
I'm all good now.

RegisRubrum
December 17th, 2022, 22:40
Hello. I've had the same problem, though I've gone through all the steps to try to fix it. I purchased three mods from Forge and only one showed up in my extensions.

(SR) DnD Alchemist : By ShadeRaven
Magaambya / Strength of Thousands Themed Background : By Montis
Drag N Drop - Core Consumables : By DDySean

After re-updating (Multiple Times), backing up and uninstalling my Unity, disabling and re-enabling the mods on Forge, and two of the three are not showing up in my extensions box on FGU (or when I load if for some reason they were there but not showing up).

Can anyone help with this problem?

For reference, the Magaambya is the only one that is showing up in my extensions. The DnD Alchemist and Drag N Drop are not.

LordEntrails
December 17th, 2022, 22:52
Hello. I've had the same problem, though I've gone through all the steps to try to fix it. I purchased three mods from Forge and only one showed up in my extensions.

After re-updating (Multiple Times), backing up and uninstalling my Unity, disabling and re-enabling the mods on Forge, and two of the three are not showing up in my extensions box on FGU (or when I load if for some reason they were there but not showing up).

Can anyone help with this problem?

For reference, the Magaambya is the only one that is showing up in my extensions. The DnD Alchemist and Drag N Drop are not.

SR DnD Alchemist is not an extension. It is a module for PF2. It will only show up in a PF2 campaign in the modules list.

Trenloe
December 17th, 2022, 23:24

As mentioned by Lord Entrails - some of these are modules (library data you open in a campaign), not extensions; both of the drag and drop Forge products are modules.

LadyLili
December 17th, 2022, 23:45
Ack! Thank you so much. I was not aware how to know if they were modules or extensions.

Is there an easy way to tell?

RegisRubrum
December 17th, 2022, 23:48
Ack! Thank you so much. I was not aware how to know if they were modules or extensions.

This way me just on my personal profile. We use my husbands profile for GMing since he has the ultimate license and my profile as the demo. Sorry about the strange confusion with the replies.

damned
December 18th, 2022, 03:43
Modules contain content. Extensions add or change features.

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2022, 17:53

On the Forge home page or the search results is a column called "Type", that tells you if it is an extension or what type of module it is. On the item page itself in the top right corner is where the Type is listed.