PDA

View Full Version : D6 WEG Ruleset feedback

bayne7400
December 1st, 2021, 20:23
Please provide bug reports here for the D6 Star Wars Ruleset located on the forge. If your an old subscriber this will automatically update for you.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/390/view

https://youtu.be/vg_aHC12qrg

This ruleset has been completely revamped. It now has full starship vehicle integration among other improvements.

The Cepheus engine theme done by Pharoid looks great with the revamped ruleset!
Found here:
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1175/view

damned
December 2nd, 2021, 00:44
Feedback incoming - well done guys!

kronovan
December 8th, 2021, 00:41
I agree, this is a terrific ruleset.

I don't really have a bug, but I wanted some clarification on an aspect of the ruleset, as I didn't see anything in the Youtube video that touched upon my question. I'm wondering how the linked Attributes for Skills should be entered and whether it even matters? So far I've been entering them as DEX, KNO, MEC, PER, STR and TEC, but I noted on the Character sheet they're listed by their full names i.e. DEXTERITY, KNOWLEDGE, MECHANICAL, etc. That said, in my initial experimenting I haven't come across anything that leads me to believe that the Attribute field for skills is even being referenced?

I'll make a forum post for any other questions I might have.

bayne7400
December 8th, 2021, 00:54
Yeah they are not linked. It is just informational so the player knows where to drag it I guess :). I made it in case a DM wanted to build the full list of skills in for players to review. A guy on youtube asked for a race option and I may add that it depends on how Mothership goes ( which as a ruleset smokes anything I have done). I am about to real get real busy doing some work I promised some people once the new core update hits though.

My plan with these rulesets is to continue to support them as long as even one of my patrons are playing them. Also if nobody provides any feedback that is a pretty good indicator its not being used:)

kronovan
December 14th, 2021, 01:21
Not so much of a bug report but some feedback on some limitations I'm encountering. The title of this thread states "D6 WEG", but I'm finding the character sheet doesn't support WEG's D6 Space rules that well. I like that the attribute labels are editable, so that Dexterity can be changed to the D6 Space equivalent of Agility. I also like that the 3, D6 Star Wars Force skills can be edited so that Alter and Control can be changed to D6 Spaces' Transform and Channel. However the "C", "S" and "A" labels are hard coded. I'm also wondering why the attribute listed to the above-left of those 3 skills references the upper leftmost attribute on the Main tab? That seem confusing, because the linked attribute for those D6 Star Wars skills should be FORCE and METAPHYSICS for D6 Space. Yet there's not enough Attribute labels on the Main tab to accommodate all 7 attributes? Shouldn't that upper left attribute on the Abilities tab just be it's own, separate listing?

I realize the Attribute labels are cosmetic, but not having them correct will only confuse players.

bayne7400
December 14th, 2021, 11:49
I can make those labels editable. I'm not sure about what you are referring to with you other issue

bayne7400
December 14th, 2021, 17:07
Not so much of a bug report but some feedback on some limitations I'm encountering. The title of this thread states "D6 WEG", but I'm finding the character sheet doesn't support WEG's D6 Space rules that well. I like that the attribute labels are editable, so that Dexterity can be changed to the D6 Space equivalent of Agility. I also like that the 3, D6 Star Wars Force skills can be edited so that Alter and Control can be changed to D6 Spaces' Transform and Channel. However the "C", "S" and "A" labels are hard coded. I'm also wondering why the attribute listed to the above-left of those 3 skills references the upper leftmost attribute on the Main tab? That seem confusing, because the linked attribute for those D6 Star Wars skills should be FORCE and METAPHYSICS for D6 Space. Yet there's not enough Attribute labels on the Main tab to accommodate all 7 attributes? Shouldn't that upper left attribute on the Abilities tab just be it's own, separate listing?

I realize the Attribute labels are cosmetic, but not having them correct will only confuse players.

OK so I am updating test with more editable labels. I also added code so that when a player clicks on an empty field it doesn't try to make a roll and throw an error. That field I think you are referring to should default as force powers and is editable. You can even delete the text. Also most are set to Gm edit only. If you want me to make it player editable just say so.

Lastly whoever gave us the donation on the Forge Jolly and I really appreciate it.

kronovan
December 16th, 2021, 20:34
OK so I am updating test with more editable labels. I also added code so that when a player clicks on an empty field it doesn't try to make a roll and throw an error. That field I think you are referring to should default as force powers and is editable. You can even delete the text...

Yes it's now editable as an independent text label, whereas before it was editable but was also synchronized with the label for the 1st Attribute on the Main tab and vice versa - what I was trying to say above. Excellent that the "C", "S" and "A" labels on the Attribute tab are now editable. The Character sheet is now fully compatible with D6 Space - nicely done!

I'm wondering if it would be helpful to others if I created a bare bones d6 Space character sheet with the necessary label changes and then exported it and attached the XML template to a post here? Or am I perhaps just some oddity and one of very few that prefer the later D6 Space edition of the rules?

bayne7400
December 16th, 2021, 20:37
You can also do an extension you never know!

kronovan
December 16th, 2021, 22:49
One of the problems I still see is that Metaphysics (equivalent of force powers) in D6 Space differs from WEG Star Wars 2e or REUP Force Powers. In D6 Space, Metaphysics is an attribute with its own dice levels, whereas with WEG Star Wars you only put dice into the skills. So when you make a roll with with 1 of D6 Spaces 3 Metaphysics skills (Channel, Sense or Transform), you also include the base attribute dice. It would be optimal if Metaphysics had an attribute dice box like the 6 attributes on the main tab. Otherwise, it's by all means not game breaking because the attribute dice could just be listed in the Metaphysics label and then manually included for each skill.

I now only own the a hardcover of d6 Star Wars 2e and the SW REUP PDF, so I can't recall the way Force Powers were handled in Star Wars Classic or 30th Anniversary - were they the same as 2e?

bayne7400
December 17th, 2021, 00:33
Yeah that's beyond the scope of what I am willing to change at this point. I am on to bigger things! (Mothership) Patrons guide the creations of these rulesets. That would have been something to go in at the beginning. Thanks for all the feedback.

kronovan
December 17th, 2021, 00:51
Yeah that's beyond the scope of what I am willing to change at this point. I am on to bigger things! (Mothership) Patrons guide the creations of these rulesets. That would have been something to go in at the beginning. Thanks for all the feedback.

I've created Savage Worlds extensions that add custom, derived stats boxes to character sheets. So at some point I might delve into your D6_Generic ruleset to see if it would be possible to code an extension that adds a Metaphysics dice box to the Abilities tab. I'm thinking I could unravel how you're doing it for the Attribute dice boxes on the Main tab and then possibly mimic it for the Abilities tab. I did create a D6 Space Character Sheet XML, that when imported correctly sets the labels on the character sheet for D6 Space. I'll make a thread with a link to it.

ChrisRevocateur
December 20th, 2021, 23:21
I now only own the a hardcover of d6 Star Wars 2e and the SW REUP PDF, so I can't recall the way Force Powers were handled in Star Wars Classic or 30th Anniversary - were they the same as 2e?

Yeah, the only difference is in 1e all force users get all powers for every force skill they have.

hawkwind
December 21st, 2021, 11:44
does the ruleset cover spaceships and other vehicles or is it just a automated character sheet?

bayne7400
December 21st, 2021, 11:45
It has spaceships

Hjorimir
January 6th, 2022, 09:53
First, thank you so much for creating this ruleset. I'm just getting started, but a thing I noticed early is that even when a skill description is locked, you can still fully edit both the description and attribute fields.

bayne7400
January 6th, 2022, 12:26
Ok let me check my record locked script thanks

bayne7400
January 6th, 2022, 13:25
First, thank you so much for creating this ruleset. I'm just getting started, but a thing I noticed early is that even when a skill description is locked, you can still fully edit both the description and attribute fields.

Should be fixed. I found a few other records I missed locking. Thanks for the feedback.

Hjorimir
January 6th, 2022, 20:14
Another quick note, I had created groups for the skills that I was adding in last night (i.e. Dexterity, Knowledge, etc.). I got through Dexterity and Knowledge last night. Today, when I started the server back up to continue, it had deleted the empty groups that I already created (e.g. Mechanical, Perception, Strength, and Technical). Not a huge deal, as I can just add them in, but it was an odd behavior.

bayne7400
January 6th, 2022, 20:28
You mean the one that goes in the attribute box under skills? I just checked the control name did not change. Can you send me your campaign DB file over discord? Bayne#7400

Hjorimir
January 7th, 2022, 06:16
The group under Skills (not on the character sheet, but the skills button on the far right). I had created groups for each of the six attributes and the ones that had not yet had any skills under them were removed/deleted when I started the server back up the next day.

damned
January 7th, 2022, 09:09
That is a feature of CoreRPG.

Hjorimir
January 7th, 2022, 09:28
Ah, okay. Thanks, damned.

Hjorimir
January 11th, 2022, 14:49
If you drag a character's skill to the hotbar/shortcut (whatever you call the bar at the bottom), it doesn't respect/use the roll modifiers pop-up from that character's sheet. I'll add that I REALLY wish there were some quick mod buttons available down by the dice as they come up often with the way cover/concealment works in the game.

bayne7400
January 11th, 2022, 15:12
Thanks for the feedback. I have a list from our patrons that I am working on. So maybe this will make the list. I have lots of plates spinning at the moment.

Hjorimir
January 11th, 2022, 15:31
I get the following error whenever I lock or unlock an NPC entry (image attached).

Hjorimir
January 11th, 2022, 15:40
This one seems pretty major. I can't find a way to roll initiative for NPCs, which should be linked to their Perception. Would be nice to also have an option to reroll initiative each round automatically (characters and NPCs).

(Sorry for the spam, just testing things this morning...excited about the ruleset.)

bayne7400
January 11th, 2022, 15:41
Ok man I'll get that fixed tonight. I was messing around with locks and missed something

bayne7400
January 11th, 2022, 15:41
Check the combat tracker for npc initiatives roll.

Hjorimir
January 11th, 2022, 15:49
Check the combat tracker for npc initiatives roll.

My options from the CT Menu:
1) [X icon] Close Window
2) [TRASH CAN] > Delete Non-Friendly or Delete Foes Only
3) [HANDSHAKE] Turn Order > Reset Turn Order

Other than that, I have a "Next Actor" button at the bottom, the Arrow icon I can drag to the acting character on the CT and a client button (which opens a second CT that shows the Player view of the CT).

Am I just missing something obvious here?

bayne7400
January 11th, 2022, 17:43
Yeah so we are both technically right. It is there but I hid it for some reason. I need to investigate further. Maybe I forgot to code or or I needed to research something. In the mean time roll a d6 and update manually I would not categorize this as game breaking. NPC record is fixed. I forgot to add the script path to the XML. Good catch I did the same thing to Mothership.

Hjorimir
January 11th, 2022, 18:43
Sounds good. Thanks, bayne7400.

t3xx3r
March 2nd, 2022, 00:26
Is this ruleset for REUP?

bayne7400
March 2nd, 2022, 00:37
Indeed it is

t3xx3r
May 16th, 2022, 05:25
Weapon damage is not tracking correctly. When I put in 8D for the damage and every time I click, it comes out at 2D6, not 8D6. As for Armor, I am so confused. Why is there Ph, En, Dx, Pr? Dx and Pr does not roll at all when I put in 3D. As for Ph and En, 3D does roll but comes out at 6D6. Why the additional 3D6?

Window is not resizeable for PCs; perhaps enabling resize would help.

bayne7400
May 16th, 2022, 13:20
Works for me.

Dx and Pr do not roll they are reductions from your armor

I believe the rules state the armor rolls add your strength score correct?

bayne7400
May 16th, 2022, 13:21
for some reason it double posted :)

Try making an actual item and equipping it. If you are trying to create a window entry you missing half the information unless you go back into inventory and edit it. So to answer your question it is working correctly.

t3xx3r
May 16th, 2022, 15:30
for some reason it double posted :)

Try making an actual item and equipping it. If you are trying to create a window entry you missing half the information unless you go back into inventory and edit it. So to answer your question it is working correctly.

I will check it when I get home. Thanks.

Travin72
August 27th, 2022, 00:00
OK, I'm building up a database in the D6_Generic ruleset and I ran into a snag that I'm hoping someone else knows how to get around. I have a weapon that the damage is STR + 2, but when I put in STR+2 I get a roll of Strength + 2D6. If I put in 1D6+2, I'll get the 1D6+2. On the Weapons line on the character sheet there is a "Select" that can be changed to "None" or "STR" and this will add the Strength roll into the damage. However I can't get the weapon damage to just be +2. Any ideas?

bayne7400
August 27th, 2022, 00:01
Ok so it's basically two pips? Maybe put a few screenshots and I'll see what the deal.is.

Edit. Try toggling str and then 0D+2 . Let me know if that works

Travin72
August 27th, 2022, 00:09
Here is a screen shot of the Character Sheet, Weapon and Roll. Damage should be 3D6+2 not 5D

bayne7400
August 27th, 2022, 00:58
Updated thanks for feedback.

bcoker
November 11th, 2022, 15:42
I seem to be having issues with the Character Sheet Working on D6. The new Dice Color add on is my suspicion for the problem as it seems to have broken other things. I had only started looking at using the system since the Update which is why I am uncertain as to why it's now broken. The NPC rolls work fine, but the Character Sheet doesn't seem to work at all. Error code is 77 something about Get Child.

bayne7400
February 22nd, 2023, 23:12
Updated Ruleset for upcoming FG patch. Please let me know if something is broken!

Unimatrixzer0
March 21st, 2023, 01:17
Hi bayne.
I recently downloaded the D6 Generic ruleset and I'm giving it a whirl. When trying to delete 'all foes' from the combat tracker it throws up an error message. I managed to track down and eliminate the error by removing some code from managercombat.lua , that needed to check a number value for the string wounds.
Also..In your video explaining the various functions of the ruleset you show that you can add vehicles to the combat tracker yet when I tried to do it the combat tracker doesn't accept it. I did try to figure out if there was a simple fix in the scripts, but unfortunately I'm just starting out trying to understand lua. Is it fixable or was it a feature that was abandoned?
Thanks for putting the ruleset out there and I appreciate any help/suggestions from anyone.

bayne7400
March 21st, 2023, 01:43
I'll take a look this week for you.

bayne7400
March 21st, 2023, 18:25
Ok give it a shot

Unimatrixzer0
March 22nd, 2023, 12:08
Ok give it a shot

That's perfect! Thanks. This ruleset is going to get plenty of use from our group.
Much appreciated.

bayne7400
March 22nd, 2023, 14:35
No problem. it is a free ruleset so vehicles are not automated like they are on the paid stuff. Just keep that in mind.

Atenhotep
August 30th, 2023, 20:33
I have no idea where to post this as I rarely visit the forums. We were using this rules set to run our Star Wars D6 WEG game but the new update just made it unplayable (error screens etc)

bayne7400
August 30th, 2023, 21:37
updated best I could with dearth of information provided.

Atenhotep
August 30th, 2023, 21:54
Oh!? That's awesome! So much appreciated. I'll check and let you know. Thanks

Atenhotep
August 30th, 2023, 22:00

Wow - looks like it works great now.

Sorry I wasn't more specific before. I had tried to upload a screenshot. I just figured others might be having the same issue.

Honestly as valuable as this ruleset is and as far as I can find - it's the only one that allows us to play Star Wars D6 WEG on Fantasy Grounds, you should really be getting more recognition.

I'm definitely going to be talking about it in a future YouTube video on my channel. Thank you so much!

Atenhotep
September 3rd, 2023, 02:30

Hi, sorry to bother you. Discovered something major that is broken now but worked earlier fine.

Equipping weapons and/or armor (from the character sheet inventory) no longer populates the appropriate fields on the character sheet and thus armor and weapons are unusable.

For clarity - I entered in all the weapons and armore from the books and prior to this update they populated correctly in the weapons and armor sections of the character sheet.

bayne7400
September 5th, 2023, 20:00
Armor was dorked up to. It should all be fixed. It took a bit but somebody tipped me some forge coin so went ahead and knocked it out.

Atenhotep
September 5th, 2023, 20:04
Armor was dorked up to. It should all be fixed. It took a bit but somebody tipped me some forge coin so went ahead and knocked it out.

Thanks. I wished I had more forge coin - that was all I had. I appreciate your time.

bayne7400
January 17th, 2024, 15:39
This ruleset has been completely redone. While for the most part I was able to maintain compatibility with existing records. Please see post one and provide comments for any issues you run into. (FULL vehicle and Starship integration)

I recommend using this theme with the ruleset.

** Any character sheets will need to remade. If it dorks up your game send me a message and I will assist.**

Atenhotep
January 17th, 2024, 16:15
This ruleset has been completely redone. While for the most part I was able to maintain compatibility with existing records. Please see post one and provide comments for any issues you run into. (FULL vehicle and Starship integration)

I recommend using this theme with the ruleset.

** Any character sheets will need to remade. If it dorks up your game send me a message and I will assist.**

Wow! Thank you!

ChrisRevocateur
January 17th, 2024, 16:21
Woo! Can't wait to see what it looks like now.

bayne7400
January 17th, 2024, 19:01
I stripped/reverted/standardized all the graphics to make it a lot easier to use themes. So you will probably want to load one of the many free themes out there. Biggest changes I think are for the GM and the combat tracker. Also using the party sheet for the players ship. I added a hangar bay and cargo hold as well.

https://youtu.be/vg_aHC12qrg

bayne7400
January 20th, 2024, 20:35
Added drag and drop type and species for characters.

bayne7400
February 14th, 2024, 14:09
- Cleaned up a few errors when equipping armor
- Added icon on desktop to roll a wild d6. To roll more than one d6 left click to grab and right click to add die. This will let you quickly make a roll as the DM.
- Fixed alignment issues on client CT labels
- When the stunned effect is remove don the Character sheet it will now remove the CT effect
- Standard grid is now 2 meters not 5 feet

bayne7400
February 28th, 2024, 14:49
- Multi action now resets at end of the round
-Ammo box is now displayed for ranged weapon (set via subtype on item record) on combat tab (I forgot to auto decrement on attack will be on next update )
- Can now auto roll all FOE initiatives by right clicking menu button on CT. Make you you do this after you change round to clear any mutli-action penalties

Atenhotep
March 1st, 2024, 23:48
You've done a really great job making this available for us. Thank you very much!

bayne7400
March 13th, 2024, 15:19
3/13/24
- Rolling vehicle maneuver on CT will now add primary or specialization skill to the roll
- inserted a check for abnormal roll configuration so it should no longer throw an error when trying to use an invalid roll
- added missing locks on vehicle record
- reaction rolls on the CT will update correctly on a wild die

peterb
March 24th, 2024, 18:06
Thanks for your work on this ruleset.

I'm looking into writing an extension that implements Open D6 Fantasy. Shouldn't be too hard to get a basic sheet going.
One thing I'd like to remove is the droid in the lower left corner. It's out of theme for a fantasy setting and it's also in the way of both parts of the chat box and the modifiers box. See attachment. I do, however, have some trouble finding which file I need to edit to remove the droid. Thanks for any pointer.

damned
March 24th, 2024, 23:59
It looks like t might be a desktop panel?

bayne7400
March 25th, 2024, 00:02
Yeah rename the icon to a new image. You probably want to keep the functionality since you can roll any number of die and use the d6 wild die mechanic. (left click the right click to add more die)

The ruleset is in your ruleset folder it is not in the vault.