PDA

View Full Version : LF3P - 2 Month Underwater Adventure (Australian Time Zone)

Wardian
November 19th, 2021, 07:59
FG Classic License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e
Adventure Name: RuD (homebrew)

Time Zone: Australian Eastern Daylight (AEDT) +11 utc
Day of week and time: Tuesday Nights: 7:30pm - 10:30pm (3 hrs)
If new game, planned start date: 23rd November (but more likely 30th November)
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: 4-8 Weeks

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? i.e. podcast, Twitch, Youtube, etc.: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, 3 more needed
Character starting level & equipment: Level 3 (Point Buy, PHB Starting Equipment)
Character restrictions: Most Official Race / Class options available except those which are optimised for Underwater.

Details of your scenario: RuD Intro.

You are arrayed on the foredeck of the galleon Agira’s Path. With the sun shining brightly the ship feels vibrant. The excitement of the passengers and crew is palpable. After days of travel you will soon be disembarking, later this evening in fact. The ship is alive with noise, laughter, creaking wood, rippling sails, water spray, and the bustling efforts of the ships crew.

Upon the deck the light around you starts to dim, and like the moment of twilight, the air becomes hazy, the light distorted. The onset of darkness is quick as the light in the sky above and at the horizon disappear into shadowy gloom. A frightened shout is heard from above you, “Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship!”

Now surrounded in dusk like gloom, you see panicked people running to the hanging row boats and start to lower them. Closer now the voice above shouts down, “The Black Death comes! Get off, Get off”. The darkness is momentarily lifted as lightning flashes towards the aft of the ship,closely followed by the boom of thunder.

The deck lifts with an almighty crunch, before it collapses with a jolt. You find yourself sliding down then splashing in to the now flooded interior of the ship. Beams, barrels, rope, and whole sections of the ship, fall and splash all around you. You don’t see the piece that thwacks you in the head.

Heavy rope binds your body, the rope wrapping around your neck strangling you. The thick rope is heavy, and with arms unable to be freed you find yourself sinking. 10ft, 20ft, deeper and deeper you sink. The last thing you see before it fades to black and oblivion is a row-boat above, its oars biting in to the water as it moves away from the ships wreckage.

Background: This is a reverse fish out of water adventure and player characters aren't meant to be optimised for underwater environments. The adventure is built in a way that the handicaps of being underwater are slowly overcome as the story progresses. Character creation would occur in the first session.

Players: If you'd like to join please message me with the following;
- What experience you have with DnD
- What class/race you'd like to play

Update 22nd Nov: Group Now Full

ChipDelight
November 19th, 2021, 10:37
I'd like to join. I've had about 1 year of experience on DnD. I don't really have a particular race and class in mind since I really like tailoring my character to support the group but I play Human more often than not.

DCPye
November 20th, 2021, 10:34
Hey!

I'm interested in playing for sure. I think that playing a Stout Halfing Fighter (class could be something different though) sailor would be cool based on the scenario you described.

As for experience, I've played a handful of campaigns/one-shots over the last few years and I consume a lot dnd content online.

Let me know if you're interested :)

Discord: Ladvirex#5378