PDA

View Full Version : Scourge of the Howling Horde (D&D 3.5)

1ifeblood
September 3rd, 2007, 05:44
Hey all...starting Sunday, Sept 9 at 8pm CST and continuing bi-weekly (every other Sunday), I'm wanting to run the Scourge of the Howling Horde module that I transferred onto FG. It's made for 4 characters of level 1 which is what I'll be accepting. I'm an experience DM but am new to FG. I've played a few times and am currently in a couple campaigns so am learning alot about how the software works. It's nice and offers a lot of features to help make the game more fun. This will be more of a way for me to get familiar with using FG to run games and if all goes well, more in-depth games in the future.

Because this is basically a learning experience for me and any other players new to FG, I'm going to keep character creation limited to PHB 3.5 only. Future games will probably allow more, but I don't want to have to mess with new feats I'm not familiar with or spells, variations, etc. And I would also like for the players to organize a well-rounded party (fighter, healer, rogue, mage).

Although I'm typically into elaborate characters with well thought-out backgrounds, you don't need to worry about that for this game. If you want to go with it I have no problems with that, but I won't be working any personal storylines into the core story. At the end of the module your characters will have reached level 2. At that point we may continue on with a different storyline using the same characters or start into something different. That will be determined at the end of the module.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=212

Character Creation:
(Core books only)
Level 1
28 Point-buy
Max starting gold
Max hit points

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2007, 12:36
Can i join the party :D can you tell me the time in GMT? other thing is for FG 1 or version 2?
I have both :)

GoOrange
September 3rd, 2007, 12:54
This sounds like fun and is the exact time I'm available to play. Count me in!

foamy44
September 3rd, 2007, 14:55
I would love to be included in this game. I am fairly new to FG and can't wait to get started. I was thinking of playing a fighter/rogue type character. Thanks for your consideration.

Demmero
September 3rd, 2007, 16:43
I'm interested as well. I just got FG2 last month and have yet to try it out, so this sounds like the perfect game for me to join. I'll even play the cleric (if no one else wants to).

1ifeblood
September 4th, 2007, 01:21
Great response guys and thank you! I believe CST is GMT-5. This will also be for FG2. Let me know if you have any other questions and if you haven't already, submit your request to the calendar link above.

Blue Haven
September 4th, 2007, 12:06
No more questions :) count with me to the story :D

LostTribe
September 4th, 2007, 13:25
If you got room for one last player I wouldnt mind playing as well. I will put myself onto the calendar. I am in EST so if I am correct the game would start at 9 pm. CST doesnt have daylight savings time if I remember correctly.

LT

1ifeblood
September 5th, 2007, 03:49
Alright I'm going to pick the final players for this adventure tomorrow night (Wednesday). If you posted and want to play but haven't submitted a request to the calendar yet, please do so. I'll be selecting the players from that list so don't worry if you haven't decided on a class or name for your character yet as long as you have something submitted...we can work out the rest of the details later.

Mellock
September 5th, 2007, 11:36
I am in EST so if I am correct the game would start at 9 pm. CST doesnt have daylight savings time if I remember correctly.

LT

Ah, CST is at GMT-6 I think. Daylight time for CST (Central Standard Time) is called CDT (Central Daylight Time) and is at GMT-5. :rv:

EST is GMT -5, but changes into EDT which is GMT-4 I think. So 8PM for him is still 9 PM for you I think :D You know... If i'm right. Which doesn't happen often. :D

1ifeblood
September 5th, 2007, 18:23
Ah, CST is at GMT-6 I think. Daylight time for CST (Central Standard Time) is called CDT (Central Daylight Time) and is at GMT-5. :rv:

EST is GMT -5, but changes into EDT which is GMT-4 I think. So 8PM for him is still 9 PM for you I think :D You know... If i'm right. Which doesn't happen often. :D
As far as I know Eastern time is always 1 hour ahead of Central time. Currently, since we're not in Daylight Savings (not until October-November), CST is GMT -5 and EST is GMT -4. At least that's what the boards are telling me :)

I remember hearing that Daylight Savings was going to be different this year but I can't recall how so. Guess I'll find out.

Ram Tyr
September 5th, 2007, 18:54
Right now (Sept 5, 2007)...Eastern time in USA is...EDT. Eastern Daylight Time. This is UTC - 4. (Coordinated Universal Time)

Central time in USA is...CDT. Central Daylight Time. This is UTC - 5.

Great Britain is one hour ahead of UTC in summer time. (Which is why the current standard is to use UTC in lieu of GMT, as a location within the GMT timezone may apply daylight savings time. UTC is never altered by daylight savings.)

I highly recommend that when scheduling times over the internet that everyone use a link from this site:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Here is an example.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2007&month=9&day=5&hour=0&min=0&sec=0

The only change I heard about daylight savings recently (in the US) was that the start and end dates were being moved a week or two. The website above provides the date when clocks have to be pushed forward or back in the various locations it lists times for.

Good luck.

Later.

1ifeblood
September 5th, 2007, 19:04
Hey, right on Ramza! Thanks for the info! I probably know more about timezones now than I ever wanted to, but it's one of those things that can only be useful by knowing it ;)

Thanks again!

ithildur
September 6th, 2007, 15:23
I can't seem to get to the calendar, 1ifeblood. This is Corwin's player from the Undermountain session, wondering if you still have a spot open.

Blue Haven
September 7th, 2007, 17:39
If i can´t get this crap working on time to the game i guess i´m out :( very cool hum?? I love this crap :D

Blue Haven
September 9th, 2007, 20:02
Did you cancelled the campaign???? oh crap... :(

1ifeblood
September 9th, 2007, 23:13
Did you cancelled the campaign???? oh crap... :(
The game is still on Blue, but it sounded like you weren't going to be able to play so I had to bring on a backup player. sorry if I misunderstood you :(

Blue Haven
September 10th, 2007, 11:13
No no you understand it right :) i´m not playing because they don´t care about our problem...but i went to see the game and don´t find it on the calendar that´s why i asked the question nothing more :)

LordMist
September 13th, 2007, 00:52
Count me in too...CST is perfect.