PDA

View Full Version : SFS #4-10: The Way In SAT November 20th @ 6.30 PM UTC

stephan_
November 15th, 2021, 21:34
Tier 5-8, the subtier will depend on the players.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=6226), stating which character you'd like to play.

Please schedule around 4 hours for the game.

RPG Chronicles link (https://www.rpgchronicles.net/session/5d38b0c0-2d85-4ddc-85ff-2cd2ec09eb90/pregame)

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 5-8.

Working closely with the Exo-Guardians, a team of Starfinders tracks down, scouts, and battles a fleet of enemy ships implicated in the Data Scourge attacks. Will this maneuver be the turning point in the conflict, or will the Starfinders' bold actions inflict dire consequences on the Society?

Written by: Dennis Muldoon

Scenario tags: Metaplot (Data Scourge), Faction (Exo-Guardians), Starship

Scenario tags: None

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds Unity (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak (Discord as a backup).

Steps before the game:

If you apply, make sure you let me know your Paizo Organized Play #, character # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG information and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.have been able to play.

jgreishaw
November 15th, 2021, 21:56
Carter and I are in. I will play Aurora (Mystic 6). Carter will need to run a pre-gen.

Malkavian_Andi
November 15th, 2021, 23:54
I'm in, too. I'll look through my characters later to decide what to bring.

Nihthawk
November 16th, 2021, 07:03
I'll create a new character and send you the XML before the game on Saturday. What Starfinder books can I use to build my character, and what level character should I build?

stephan_
November 16th, 2021, 15:54
As this is a Society scenario, you would unfortunately not be able to create your own new character (for level 1-4 games, you could create a level 1 character using Society rules (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/Lorespire/sfsguide._.Character-Creation) but this is a level 5-8 scenario).

You could use a level 8 pregen (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9ukw?Community-Use-Package-Starfinder-Society-Pregenerated-Characters) however, though note that at that level, some classes can at times get a bit complicated.

Nihthawk
November 16th, 2021, 18:06
As this is a Society scenario, you would unfortunately not be able to create your own new character (for level 1-4 games, you could create a level 1 character using Society rules (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/Lorespire/sfsguide._.Character-Creation) but this is a level 5-8 scenario).

You could use a level 8 pregen (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9ukw?Community-Use-Package-Starfinder-Society-Pregenerated-Characters) however, though note that at that level, some classes can at times get a bit complicated.

Ok, I’ll withdraw from this one, and look at creating a level 1 character for possible future games. I’ve removed myself from the game calendar.

rbeard101
November 16th, 2021, 19:05
Bruce and I are in:

Option 1:
Crichton 8 Soldier
Draca 8 Soldier

Option 2:
Pubsy 6 Operative
Helpy 5 Envoy

stephan_
November 16th, 2021, 22:48
Alright, looks like one spot still open.

Nihthawk
November 17th, 2021, 10:44
Alright, looks like one spot still open.
Go on, put me in. I’ll play whatever pregen is leftover if you still need another player.

stephan_
November 17th, 2021, 11:21
It's up to you, the scenario is scalable for 4-6 people without any major issues, so it should work out either way. Six people is the maximum though.

Nihthawk
November 17th, 2021, 12:17
Ok, I’ll leave it then. Maybe another time.

Malkavian_Andi
November 19th, 2021, 23:59
I think I'll bring Nepumuk (Soldier 1/Operative 7) into this one.

stephan_
November 20th, 2021, 16:37
We were down two players (signed up for this game too) a bit earlier but hopefully they'll be able to join this game.

stephan_
November 20th, 2021, 18:09
The server is up.

stephan_
November 20th, 2021, 22:46
Chronicles sent.

Do people want to try 4-11: A World's Ambition (7-10) same time next week?

Malkavian_Andi
November 21st, 2021, 07:30
Do people want to try 4-11: A World's Ambition (7-10) same time next week?I'd be up for it. Although it might also be worth considering some beginner-level scenarios again so terezin2015 can actually play with a freshly-built character.

stephan_
November 21st, 2021, 10:50
I posted in the older thread so he gets a chance to see it. The difficulty with older scenarios is always the matter of having enough players that haven't played the scenario yet/have replays available/are not bored of specific repeatables yet.