PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Make a Simple Character Sheet

Von Stalhein
September 2nd, 2007, 23:01
Greetings,

I want to try and use FG1 to run a campaign in a relatively unused system called OVA (Open Versatile Anime). The character sheet is very simple, and would need to consist only of text/string fields (no number fields).

The XML files have me confused. I can just about read XML (I'm a programmer, though VB primarily), but I get the feeling that since the character sheet I want is so simple, I'm actually missing the parts of the file I need to keep to make it work. There would be no tabs, no numbers, no modifiers, no widgets, etc. Just strings.

Would someone be kind enough to give me a helping hand? I'm not asking for someone to do the work for me, but at least to tell me what I need to do, or perhaps highlight the pieces of code I need to include.

Many thanks,

-- VS

Griogre
September 3rd, 2007, 03:23
Sign up at the Four Ugly Monster Forums and you will be able to download a free "Generic Charactersheet" ruleset for FG1 by Toadwart and Mossfoot. Link is https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/search.php?searchid=20367

You won't see it unless you join FUM though. There is also a FG2 version by Toadwart on these forums.

Von Stalhein
September 3rd, 2007, 10:01
Thank you very much. :o

Griogre
September 3rd, 2007, 16:04
You're welcome. If you are going to use this sheet I would use the FG2 version so you can take advantage of FG2's new features.