PDA

View Full Version : Monsters module

Niles
November 14th, 2021, 00:31
I had a monsters module with hundreds of monsters for Savage Worlds in Fantasy Grounds classic. I just bought a Unity license. All my modules carried over except that one. Does anyone else have this module or know what I would have to do to make it work with Unity? I opened my modules folder and it's there but when I click on modules in game, it doesn't show up. Would the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Bestiary work if I just wanted to use the monsters in that book and ignore the Pathfinder mechanics?

jharp
November 14th, 2021, 00:57
Looks like a token module. rename Monsters.mod Monsters.zip
Unpack with winzip or other tool.
Copy contents of tokens folder to your tokens folder in FGU.

Jason

Niles
November 14th, 2021, 01:14
Looks like a token module. rename Monsters.mod Monsters.zip
Unpack with winzip or other tool.
Copy contents of tokens folder to your tokens folder in FGU.

Jason

Hi jharp,
I looked under my FG Classic and there is no token folder, although there is in FG Unity. This is an actual module that was more than just tokens, it was hundreds of monsters with stats and everything. Also, if I wanted to use the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Bestiary for the monsters alone, would I be able to use that without buying the other PFFSW books?

Niles
November 14th, 2021, 01:20
Sorry jharp, you were right, it is a token module. I attached the wrong one. Here is the right one.

jharp
November 14th, 2021, 01:21
The module you posted is only tokens. So can't say for anything else. When you unzip the module you posted you will see a directory with some tokens. They can go in your FGU token directory. As to any info you had in FGC, well that .mod doesn't contain that data. So???

Niles
November 14th, 2021, 01:25
I just posted up above your reply the right module. My bad. I had the wrong module attached and now the right one is there. Here it is again.

jharp
November 14th, 2021, 01:27
Works for me. Did you place that in your modules directory? If it is not in your modules directory then copy it there. The ruleset I used to see it was Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. Once you create a SWAD campaign then click Library, then Modules, then load SW-Monsters

Niles
November 14th, 2021, 01:28
It is in my modules directory. When I open my library in game, it doesn't show.

Niles
November 14th, 2021, 01:33
Problem solved! I deleted it then recopied it, then it worked. Thank you for all your help!

jharp
November 14th, 2021, 01:35
Np. Glad it worked.

hawkwind
November 21st, 2021, 09:01
you should really put a OGL document listing the sources in the module as these look like Pathfinder/ DnD 3.5 monster conversions done via Zadmar’s online conversion tools