PDA

View Full Version : No D20 modules for a XML Noob

gbink
September 2nd, 2007, 15:48
Ok. I see by browsing the forums that the problem I have is one that other ppl have had.I ran the unpack script and it created a copy of the D20 ruleset files in the examples folder. I have no XML knowledge at this point and was trying to understand the scripts. Now I find that I cannot access the D20 rules modules when I run FG2.

How do I get the D20 modules back. I don't really want a custom ruleset right now, I am happy playing around with the standard one til I understand XML a little better.

thanks for any help you can give.

GoOrange
September 2nd, 2007, 17:01
Sounds a bit odd. Exactly what did you do?

Unpacked the files, then what?

Did you move or rename anything? If so, exactly what did you move, where from and where to etc.

joshuha
September 2nd, 2007, 17:59
This thread is still even on this same forum :)

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7072

gbink
September 2nd, 2007, 18:21
This thread is still even on this same forum :)

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7072
thanks Joshuha I didn't want to threadcrash.

Can I get back to Vanilla FG2 without changing code?

joshuha
September 2nd, 2007, 18:44
Not sure what you mean. Copying the example d20 ruleset and renaming it creates a custom ruleset which needs the import line to accept d20 stuff.

The default d20 package with FG2 is always available as d20 no matter what custom ruleset you use.

gbink
September 2nd, 2007, 20:28
Okay then I have another problem then cause I haven't imported the new ruleset.

I encountered the problem a few days ago, when I noticed that I could not see the D20 modules in the library. I did a full reinstall and I could access the D20 modules fine. I created a new campaign and again I could see the modules. Happy I switched off the machine

However the day after when I started FG2 again I found that I could not see the modules again neither in Module Activation nor Library

gbink
September 7th, 2007, 11:46
I think I have found the problem. I am using Vista ( :o I know) and was running FG2 from a user account which did not have admin priviledges. When I run the game from my Admin account the game runs as I would expect, from the limited-access account I cannot see the D20 modules.

I dunno if this is a feature or a bug.

Griogre
September 7th, 2007, 17:34
That sounds weird. I run on Vista and don't have that problem. How did you intall FG2? FG2 is Vista compliant, you don't want to run it as an admin. It sounds like you installed it in admin mode. I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall at a normal level doing the promotion to Admin for installing when it asks. It sounds like you installed in full admin mode and ended up with the data in Program Files instead of in Data Apps.

gbink
September 8th, 2007, 13:38
Thanks Griogre I'll try that out and let you know how it goes

Griogre
September 8th, 2007, 18:54
You're welcome. I fell in the same trap when I first started using Vista. Unlike XP you really don't want to be in admin mode if you don't have to. Being in admin mode kills virtualization which mean in alot of cases Vista can't find things on the virtual store (for older programs) on in the data apps folders.

gbink
September 12th, 2007, 10:12
A re-install didn't do it Griogre, the problem was in the registry I think. I cleared it down and re-installed once more and that seemed to have solved the problem.

thanks.

Griogre
September 13th, 2007, 02:39
Cool, glad you got it working. :)