PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder One-Shot #2: The Great Grav Train Robbery SAT November 13th @ 6.30 PM UTC

stephan_
November 7th, 2021, 22:02
This game will be run on the OPO Discord (https://pfschat.com/)!

Please schedule around 4 hours for the game (a bit more if there are several new players).

SFS credit:

"Players who play through The Great Grav-Train Robbery as well as GMs who run the adventure can apply the adventure’s Chronicle Sheet to any of their Starfinder Society Organized Play characters. Players and GMs must decide which character to apply credit to when they receive the Chronicle Sheet. The Chronicle Sheet gives 1 Experience Point(s), 2 Reputation with one faction, and credits as listed on the Chronicle Sheet. A character can also attempt one Day Job roll to earn income per XP earned, using a skill bonus from the character receiving credit. In addition, players and GMs receive Achievement Points, which they can use to purchase Starfinder Society character upgrades. This adventure is not repeatable, therefore an individual may earn a Chronicle Sheet once as player and once as GM for the adventure."

The one-shot is run during the double AcP weekend.

We will use Fantasy Grounds Unity. I have an Ultimate license for both so players only need a free demo version.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=6220), stating which character you'd like to play.

RPG Chronicles link (https://www.rpgchronicles.net/session/a08668b1-b1aa-42e7-ae2d-ab81182b6185/pregame)

About the one-shot:

Look, the plan couldn't be simpler. Just rappel onto the roof of a speeding train filled with armed gangsters, somehow get inside, get the passcode that opens the cargo car off the chief of security without alerting their army of goons, locate and grab that crazy artifact everyone's after, and then call your getaway pilot for an extraction before the train reaches its destination. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

This short Starfinder adventure written by Andrew White can be completed in a single session and includes four 6th-level pregenerated antiheroes (https://paizo.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/PZOSF1002E+The+Great+Grav+Train+Robbery+Pregens.pd f) whose stories and motivations tie into the plot of the adventure. This adventure can be easily used on virtual tabletops, run off digital devices, or printed out and played at a table.

Malkavian_Andi
November 7th, 2021, 23:08
I'm in. The pregens all look good, so I'll wait if others have specific preferences.

Nihthawk
November 8th, 2021, 18:24
Count me in. I’ve never played Starfinder before, but it’s something to do on a Saturday night when I haven’t got much else to do.

stephan_
November 8th, 2021, 19:14
Alright, with pregens (linked in the first post) it shouldn't be too tricky.

Some additional information:

Actions in combat, the differences between full actions, standard actions, move actions and swift actions: p 244-249

Rules concerning movement: p 255-257

Different health pools and what you use Resolve Points for: p 22-23

Nihthawk
November 8th, 2021, 21:18
I do not have a Starfinder Organized Play character, is this a requirement when registering via the RPG Chronicles link?

stephan_
November 8th, 2021, 21:47
For the one-shot, an Organized Play character is optional (the RPG Chronicles link is for people interested in getting the SFS credit).

jgreishaw
November 8th, 2021, 21:59
Carter and I are in. We'll play The Face: Aramesh Maageri & The thief: Lna-464

stephan_
November 8th, 2021, 22:38
Alright, looks like we have four people for four pregens.

Malkavian_Andi
November 9th, 2021, 18:54
I'll grab the vanguard then.

jgreishaw
November 13th, 2021, 18:33
I do not have a Starfinder Organized Play character, is this a requirement when registering via the RPG Chronicles link?

Server is up. Will you be joining?

stephan_
November 13th, 2021, 22:32
Chronicles sent.

Edit: Next week I may try Starfinder Society Scenario #4-10: The Way In (5-8) or The Starfinder Four vs. the Hardlight Harlequin (if released).

Any preference on the date/scenario?

SAT later slot and SUN early slot should be clear, SUN later slot is TBD.

jgreishaw
November 14th, 2021, 01:15
Same slot as today would be ideal (Sat later slot)

Malkavian_Andi
November 14th, 2021, 13:32
I probably can't start too late on Saturday as I have another game then (although I could possibly cancel that if needed, it's a repeatable anyway). Other than that, next weekend is still free.

rbeard101
November 15th, 2021, 18:38
Saturday Afternoon is best. sunday morning US time I have a commitment.

Nihthawk
November 15th, 2021, 18:54
Scenario #4-10 The Way In. Saturday later slot.

stephan_
November 15th, 2021, 21:39
SFS #4-10: The Way In SAT November 20th @ 6.30 PM UTC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71355)

stephan_
November 21st, 2021, 10:47
Cross-posting here:

Is there any interest in a game on Saturday, November 27th, 6.30 PM UTC?

If yes, please indicate what scenario would work best for you by Monday UTC evening.

Options (non-exhaustive) would include

4-11: A World's Ambition (7-10)

Starfinder Adventure: The Starfinder Four vs. The Hardlight Harlequin (four 4th-level pregens) [you can apply the credit to level 1-4 characters]

An older scenario (please indicate the desired level range, e.g. 1-2, 1-4, 3-6, 5-8, 7-10, 9-12)

Nihthawk
November 21st, 2021, 12:49
Yes, I would be interested in playing a game on Saturday. Either the Starfinder Four vs. The Hardnight Harlequin as a 4th-level pregen or an older scenario for levels 1-2, if there is enough consensus for this level of game. I am currently reading through some material for the Starfinder Society and Pathfinder Society with the idea of creating some first level characters to be used in these scenarios.

As an afterthought, why not consider playing through a Starfinder adventure path as a regular game on a Saturday, starting with level 1 characters as an alternative.

stephan_
November 21st, 2021, 16:30
There are definitely advantages and disadvantages of both campaigns and one-shots.

Ultimately, what it comes down to is that a campaign depends on most players and the GM being able to make most weekends over a period of just under a year - which is far greater challenge logistically than anything one-shots can throw at you.

This also depends a lot on other obligations (and games): One campaign at a regular date per week is generally doable - but even a single campaign means you are less flexible to deal with anything else life throws at you - and the difficulty only increases with multiple campaigns. One-shots are usually easier to fit into the various schedules.

Nihthawk
November 22nd, 2021, 12:16
The Starfinder Four vs. The Hardnight Harlequin as a 4th level pregen for the credit would be suitable.

stephan_
November 23rd, 2021, 13:37
SFS The Starfinder Four vs. The Hardlight Harlequin SAT November 27th @ 6.30 PM UTC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71434)