PDA

View Full Version : FGU - question about DMG, buying module on steam and changing sub to license

Rayeficent
November 7th, 2021, 18:27
Some things that I would love a confirmation on, before I start spending too much money and make mistakes.

Currently I'm on sub for Ultimate License for Unity (not on Steam). I do intend to go for full license at some point through Steam. So the questions:

1. Can I buy Dungeon Master's Guide through Steam and use it while I'm still on sub version of the FG Unity?
2. Does Dungeon Master's Guide help with generating loot? I find typing everything for every mob pack quite tedious and that would be my main reason for buying it. And does the module have scrolls with spells ready on them?
3. Do I lose access to Monster Manual, Xanathar's and PHB module if I opt out of subscription and go for license on Steam?

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2021, 19:21
1. yes
2. Yes, there are loot table in the DMG you can use. Plus all the magic items that you can use if you wish to create your own loot tables. Yes the DMG has scrolls for all the PHB spells.
3. No, all your DLC is tied to your forum username, not your license code. You can switch licenses tied to your account at any time.

Rayeficent
November 7th, 2021, 20:36
Thank you, this made things a lot more clear for me.