PDA

View Full Version : Hidden DC for client

MatTheWanton
November 7th, 2021, 18:06
Hi all! I am not sure if this is the correct thread for this. But i'm trying to find an option that will hide the DC/AC for when characters roll their dice. As it is when a player rolls, the chat entry will say something like "Save[Number rolled][vs. DC ##] ->[for Character Name][SUCCESS/FAILURE]" To my knowledge it is similar for attack rolls, where it will show the target's AC. I want my players to know if they succeed or fail, and I want them to see their dice roll, but I don't want them to see the target AC or DC of the roll. Is there a mod/extension or system option I am missing to accomplish this? So my ideal player visible chat entry would be "Save[Number rolled]->[for Character Name][SUCCESS/FAILURE]"

Running D&D 5e by the way.

Thanks!

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2021, 19:10
MOD: Moved to 5E forum.

I assume you've toggled through the "Show Results to Client" options and none give you what you want?

MatTheWanton
November 7th, 2021, 19:21
I did. THe only options are "On" (which is what I described above) "friendly" which is OK, but it doesn't solve my issue, and "Off" which is close, but doesn't tell the player if they succeed or fail. I use "Off" currently, but I would prefer it to give a SUCCESS/FAIL or a HIT/MISS. I know it's a little picky- i like FG to tell players if they succeed or fail, but I don't like it telling them the DC/AC. My players meta that a bit too much.

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2021, 21:22
Attack DCs are never shown in the chat only the result if you have show results to client on. Save DCs are shown and you can't turn those off. There might be an extension that does this but you'd need to search the forge.

MatTheWanton
November 7th, 2021, 21:39
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize attack AC wasn't shown, so that's good. I'd still like to find a way to hide save DC while maintaining SUCCESS/FAILURE. I'll poke around in the forge. Thanks Zacchaeus!