PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

Lysander
September 2nd, 2007, 03:52
Anyone yet trying the new Star Wars Saga Rulebook here? It's a revision of the d20 Star Wars recently released and would be interesting in finding like minded individuals...

GoOrange
September 2nd, 2007, 04:01
I've been slowly working on a new character sheet for it.

Haven't had a chance to actually play the game yet though.

LordMist
September 5th, 2007, 01:00
Let me the time and days you have in mind... I would like to try it... I played the old Star Wars RPG.

Paxar
September 7th, 2007, 04:54
I'm also interested in trying it. Don't have the book yet, but should soon.

drkknight32
September 7th, 2007, 20:46
It's sort of like a mathed down version of the game. I like the fact that you can create your characters fairly quickly and most of the game mechanics have been simplified. Of course, that may not be for everyone.

The only thing that really annoys me is that I was about 45% complete with a Star Wars ruleset when it came out -.-

Lysander
September 7th, 2007, 22:47
What I find good about the Saga Version:

1) Revamped system for Jedi lets you better customize your Force User.
2) I like the Talent trees concept
3) I like the simplified and streamlined game mechanics. If I want something more complicated, I'll break out the D&D books and get cracking.

What I don't like:

1) Limited races (none of them Large [aside from Hutts] with which to homebrew a race.) I'm sure they'll be sticking me shortly for another Mr. Jackson and some of his friends from the friendly confines of my wallet.
2) Having to wait for my gaming group to wait and review everything and see if we want to switch over our table top campaign or not... (grrr...)

LordMist
September 13th, 2007, 00:56
I would like to. I can get the book on order. I am curious to see the new changes. PM me.

Paxar
September 13th, 2007, 18:31
Just got my book and I'm thrilled at all the choices. Itching to get my first jedi planned out.

Illrigger
September 13th, 2007, 19:23
1) Limited races (none of them Large [aside from Hutts] with which to homebrew a race.) I'm sure they'll be sticking me shortly for another Mr. Jackson and some of his friends from the friendly confines of my wallet.
The free Conversion Guide will help you out in the meantime. It's not perfect, but it's good enough to get you moving.

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sagaconversion

Paxar
September 15th, 2007, 03:13
Got my first character all plotted out. If all goes well, he will be a tornado of lightsaber fury. :D

Archamus
September 16th, 2007, 18:01
I would really like to try it. I have been looking for a star wars game for a while and I have the book. Unfortunately I only have a few days open to play on right now.