PDA

View Full Version : Clarification for book sharing

KareeshValendar
November 5th, 2021, 18:22
Hello! I couldn't find an exact answer for this.

But I have a player who just has a Demo version of FGU. They would like to purchase Tasha's and be able to use it in my campaign. I know that the other players and even I won't be able to access it.

I just need to know if they can buy and use it on my table with just the Demo version. (I have Ultimate, for what it's worth).

Thanks!

mhossom
November 5th, 2021, 19:47
If I'm not mistaken, only the content that GM owns can be used/shared in a game. The content contained in any given campaign is provided by the GM and their "library" of content.

As for buying books on a demo license, I have no idea if that would work or not. I suspect not.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2021, 19:52
Welcome to the FG forums! You can buy DLC products on a demo licenses and the GM will have the option to allow the player to open products they own and have installed that the GM doesn't have access to.

mhossom
November 5th, 2021, 19:59
HEY, look at that. I was totally wrong on all accounts. I learned something today. I call that a good day.

KareeshValendar
November 5th, 2021, 20:22
Thanks! I've lurked for a few years. Lol.

But awesome. Good to know. I'll pass the knowledge on. ��

Nylanfs
November 5th, 2021, 20:23
ALSO, the player could gift YOU the book so everyone can have access to it...

Ram Tyr
November 8th, 2021, 13:25
I've never been in this situation, but it might be helpful if someone could explain what is different about a book that a player owns that the DM permits and a book that the DM owns and the DM permits.

Nylanfs
November 8th, 2021, 13:46
If the DM shares, all players have access to it, if it's the players book the DM is just allowing that player to use it in his game and is the only one that can see it.

Ram Tyr
November 10th, 2021, 15:07
If the DM shares, all players have access to it, if it's the players book the DM is just allowing that player to use it in his game and is the only one that can see it.

So if the player has the book and the DM permits the book to be used... can only the player see it or can both that player and DM see it?

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2021, 15:32
Only the player who owns the module can use it.