PDA

View Full Version : LFG- Bored DM looking to be a Player again.

Meinulfr
November 4th, 2021, 21:04
FG License: FGU license (I own all official sourcebooks and adventure modules for 5e)
Time Zone: CDT
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for weekly game on for anyday beside friday. Preference for afternoon games, however schedule is flexible to accomidate if need be.
Term: i.e. Long term in either an established or homebrew setting (no modules).
Voice: Discord, Steam, text, etc. (just tell me what I need)

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: Over 6 years of experience with D&D 5E, I've also sporadically played using Open Legend and WoD rule systems.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Using FG for over 4 years however there are likely things I don't know.

Character Type Preferred: Pretty open and familiar with playing any class though I have a preference to play scholarly/ orderly personailtiy types... though I do also like playing rable rousers. Just tell me your setting and potential campaign direction and I'll work with you to make a character that's rooted in the world you've built.
About me: I've been DMing for a group of 5-7 players since 2019 and I've been looking for a group to scratch my itch to once again be a player. I've been looking for a game that's a nice-balance between combat and roleplay in which the players are able to (mostly) maintain character, however I'm open to pretty much playing anything so long as the expectations are accurately laid out in regards to conduct and rules. I have a preference for RAW/I games that use point-buy or standard array, but that's primarily because I've played too many games where DM's and players would get into strange pissing contests with each other about the lack of balance or difficulty in a game that's built around these restrictions. I'm open to discussing w/e you may feel is appropriate to determine if I'm a good fit for your group's game, just let me know when you'd like to chat.

Foxdeceir
November 5th, 2021, 12:45
Hi

I've got a spot open on my Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign. Currently in Act 3, so events are speeding up. Party is currently lvl 5. We play bi-weekly on Wednesdays, from 7pm-10pm (GMT+3)
Could I get your time zone, please?

I'm in South Africa (GMT +2) and my players are all in England GMT +3 (+4 now with daylight savings)

Meinulfr
November 6th, 2021, 00:16
I appreciate it, but I'm not one for module play and I'd like to be in a weekly game.

Greggod420
November 9th, 2021, 23:17
Hey if your still looking im trying to start up a weekly game that will be a couple session one shot at first and if players like the setting it will turn into a full campaign. I dont have all source books on FGU yet but have all hardcopys. Ive been DMing 5e for years now and want to get back into playing weekly. Looking to do a monday night group but possibly open to a thursday night group as well

Meinulfr
November 10th, 2021, 04:57
Hey if your still looking im trying to start up a weekly game that will be a couple session one shot at first and if players like the setting it will turn into a full campaign. I dont have all source books on FGU yet but have all hardcopys. Ive been DMing 5e for years now and want to get back into playing weekly. Looking to do a monday night group but possibly open to a thursday night group as well

Awesome, please let me know when you can talk. I'd like to get a feel for your world, understand your house rules, and also run through a character creation with you if possible. Send me a direct message with your steam friend name# with some times you may be available.

Runemaster
November 13th, 2021, 04:57
Hello. I don't know if you're still looking 5e game. I'm looking for a game to play in as a player weekly if you're up to GM. I have unity ultimate and the essentials bundle plus a couple other supplements. I'd be down to play in a homebrew world. I don't have much experience as a player. I mainly GM for a family member and just recently got FGU to make that easier and more fun. Otherwise, happy gaming!

Meinulfr
November 13th, 2021, 09:53
Hello. I don't know if you're still looking 5e game. I'm looking for a game to play in as a player weekly if you're up to GM. I have unity ultimate and the essentials bundle plus a couple other supplements. I'd be down to play in a homebrew world. I don't have much experience as a player. I mainly GM for a family member and just recently got FGU to make that easier and more fun. Otherwise, happy gaming!

I'm confused by your response. I asked to be a player in a game, not to GM one. If you are looking for a game, I may consider inviting you to my ongoing game... however that would not be for some time and the game is with personal friends so they ultimately have final say.