PDA

View Full Version : How to retrieve characters from old HD

AsmodeusUltima
November 2nd, 2021, 06:08
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I had just started GMing a campaign when my laptop died in February. Now I finally got a new laptop and pulled the HD from the old one. I looked in the LocalLow/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds folder and found Player.log and Player-prev.log, which I tried transferring to my new User folder, but there is no sign of my old campaign or characters. Is that info stored elsewhere? I saw something in other threads about a Campaign folder, but I can't find any such thing. Please let me know if you can help!

johniba
November 2nd, 2021, 06:49
Inside the Fantasy Grounds folder, you should see another one named "campaigns", and inside that one, try to locate a folder that has the same name as the campaign you created.

Characters and also all other data from your campaign will be in there.
You can try copying that entire folder and placing in the same location in your new laptop, and try to open that campaign and check for those characters.

If that works, you can either continue using that campaign, or even export those characters, from within the campaign

damned
November 2nd, 2021, 13:29
The file(s) you are looking for are called db.xml
If on FGU your players also have a cached copy of their characters.