PDA

View Full Version : LFP 6 players needed for 5e tomb of anhiliation thurs 2100 UTC

D110011
October 31st, 2021, 04:40
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: +11 gmt
Day of week and time: Thursdays 2100 UTC (8am Aedt,9PM GMT, 4PM ET)
If new game, planned start date: 11/11/21
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 Hours, Weekly
Term:Long term (Expecting to take a few months to work thorugh the book)

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?
No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 30/70
Number of Players in game & needed:6
Character starting level & equipment:1st level, Gold buy
Character restrictions: Any races/classes from the phb, Xanathars, Volos,and mordenkainens, No arteficers

Details of your scenario:The talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse: a wasting disease afflicting everyone who’s ever been raised from the dead. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied.

When they finally succumb, they can’t be raised—and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they’ve ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world.

The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger, which is located somewhere in Chult, a mysterious peninsula far to the south, ringed with mountains and choked with rainforests.

Looking for a weekly game with positive and regular players.
Main feature of the book is a sandbox hexcrawl as the player explore the wild continent of Chult, I will be leaning into this and traking supplies, encumbrance and more to sell the hostile setting
Will be starting on the sword coast with the cellar of death supplement before moving on to Chult

Finalis
October 31st, 2021, 18:21
Hello,
I am an experienced player who has never played ToA before. I would be interested in joining your upcoming campaign.
Let me know if you want any more information about me.

D110011
November 5th, 2021, 01:14
Still got 2 spots left if anyone else is interested

rhoule6819
November 5th, 2021, 22:27
Hey experienced player here in the US EST time zone. Would love to be one of the last 2 members. I love telling a story with like minded people, enjoy both RP and combat and will usually play what ever compliments the group.

ekampp
November 7th, 2021, 10:13
Still got 2 spots left if anyone else is interested

Hi there.

I'd love to play!

A little about me. I have been playing D&D since 2e. I have played everything from Vampire over Wrath & Glory to Bears.

As a player, I appreciate a fairly even mix between RP/Combat/Exploration. I enjoy strong storytelling, and will try to always interact with the world around me as a player rather than _just_ rolling dice.

Nexbro
November 7th, 2021, 18:08
Hi,
I would love to play in your campaign i have a good amount of experience as DM and a little as a player in 5e

Zeronone
November 9th, 2021, 14:57
Hi, brand new to 5e so trying to get into the gaming community. If you have a spot for a gnome wizard :D

BearCLaw333
November 9th, 2021, 16:40
I am somewhat of an experienced 5e player/GM. I'd like to throw my name in the hat. I have discord and am familiar with it's basic functions. I'm an old retired guy so Thursday afternoons, me being in the Midwest and all, would not be an issue for me. Thanks and good luck with your campaign, I hope to have a chance to be a part of it.

D110011
November 10th, 2021, 04:40
Sorry but the campaign is full now, thanks to all who put there hands up! for those who didn't make it in if anyone drops out during the game I'll make sure your on the list to contact before looking for replacements elsewhere.

D110011
November 20th, 2021, 19:47
reopening my lfp request, had two players drop early on and am now looking for replacements

Ryuken
November 23rd, 2021, 18:28
Hello, I am interested in joining this campaign and wondering if you are still looking for players to fill slots. I have plenty of experience playing 5e and I enjoy immersing myself in a campaign and really roleplaying a character as well as rolling those good ole dice.

Phithis
November 23rd, 2021, 22:32
I'd be interested. I have a barbarian/cleric build I've been wanting to try. I believe this game is actually Wednesday morning, which is fine for me. I could be ready to play tomorrow if I hear back in time. Two questions, is the party still level one and is the starting gold max or rolled?

Phithis
November 23rd, 2021, 22:34
Oh, and point buy for stats or rolling?

D110011
November 23rd, 2021, 23:22
Ok so just to clarify since your not the first to make the mistake Thursday 2100 UTC is 9pm thus in western europe 3pm Thurs in eastern us and 8 am fri In Australia/Pacific.
Also we have a cleric and a barb already and we use rolled stats and gold.

Phithis
November 23rd, 2021, 23:29
Ok, so what's the party make-up and 4d6 drop lowest for rolls? Also, are you planning on playing on Thanksgiving?

D110011
November 24th, 2021, 00:53
Yup 4d6 drop the lowest and I allow ONE reroll for ONE stat if needed, and yeah i was planning on playing this week, noone has said anything yet about not beeing able to play.

scotts
November 24th, 2021, 01:11
We kind of rushed through the first session so my information is spotty:

Party is 1. goliath barb (I randomly picked berserker but after last session I was going to offer to tank spec if needed), 2. dwarf forge cleric, 3. wizard or sorc don't know race (he was shooting fire bolts and burning hands), and 4. tortle don't know class who got killed in the last encounter and was rerolling when I had to leave.

XP is by milestones but we hit level 2 after the first session as normal.

Just brought up Thxg on discord so we'll see what people say.

Phithis
November 24th, 2021, 01:36
Man, I would love to play, but I'm a dad, so I can't just bail on Thanksgiving.

D110011
November 24th, 2021, 15:13
well its official we're not playing this week so if you want to join for next week then im all for it!

Ryuken
November 24th, 2021, 19:12
And on par with my terrible 2021 today we had an employee quit and as this ex-employee's shifts were applied to the rest of us I was unfortunate enough to get the Thursday evening shift which starts at 5pm eastern. So I won't be able to join now as is my horrible luck this year. Thanks to the OP for giving me the chance to join and sorry I have to backout before I even got started. Hope you all hav a good time playing.

D110011
November 24th, 2021, 21:44
Ah well thanks for expressing your interest. Hope you can find a game that meets your new shedule.

D110011
November 27th, 2021, 08:02
Still looking if anyone else is interested

Mbgm8ts3
November 29th, 2021, 12:50
Still looking if anyone else is interested

Im based in London and looking for A group several years xp as DM and player both.

D110011
November 29th, 2021, 21:30
Cool! sent you a pm

RedheadFoxchild
November 29th, 2021, 22:58
Hello! I'm a fairly experienced player with 5E, I've done a couple adventures (mostly) and am looking to pick up a new game! I'm a baby when it comes to FG though, but I'm willing to put in time to learn! I'm in the US, Central time 3PM works just fine for me weekly. If you've got any openings left still, I'd LOVE to join in and have some fun! I'm a flexible player, love to RP and vibe with other players both in and out of character. Hope to hear from you, and happy gaming!

Sixtysix
November 30th, 2021, 20:32
Are either of the spots still open? I have been playing casually for over a decade, looking to join a new game.

D110011
November 30th, 2021, 21:24
Okay so spots are full for now, but thanks for expressing interest, will let you know if someone drops out