PDA

View Full Version : I Want For Christmas...

scytale2
September 1st, 2007, 00:53
a) To be able to store tokens against the monsters in the D20 ruleset permanently

b) To be able to pre-prepare a series of battles on the combat grid before my players turn up

c) To be able to store token sets against specific modules created

d) To be able to add tokens into the programme without having to restart it

e) The programme to sort my tokens properly in alphabetical order

f) To have some built in ambient sounds - campfire, forest/jungle, inn sounds, moving water, night sounds (cicadas/owls), urban, marketplace and maybe a few others

g) A D2 or a coin

h) A rubber to rub out fog of war

Any chance of any of these for Christmas?

richvalle
September 1st, 2007, 02:35
a) we were actually able to do this when FGII first came out but it was called a bug and removed.

b) Yes!!! Someone had a great idea of allowing Tabs on the combat tracker just like all the other FG features allow.

c) I thought you could do this now?

d) Yes!!!

f) Eh. No biggie for me.

g) eh

h) would be nice. Would be nice to be able to add FOW back to an area selectivly as well.

Nice xmas list. :)

rv

Tokuriku
September 1st, 2007, 06:58
c) This can be done now.
d) /reload will do it for you.
i) Torch effect to create a "real" fog of war.
What we have now is a MASK that you delete slowly in parts.
A fog of war IMO is more something that will move with some tokens (the characters for exemple) to reveal the map in regions like richvalle said.

Dachannien
September 1st, 2007, 07:10
My understanding is that it's a bad idea to /reload while players are connected, but I could be wrong.

My Christmas list would include FG not crashing and burning during any game session involving a decent sized combat.

scytale2
September 1st, 2007, 15:31
I was hoping that someone would come up with some solutions here, so am glad that c) is possible.

If you have a few minutes, could you post exactly how this is done?

VenomousFiligree
September 1st, 2007, 17:21
I was hoping that someone would come up with some solutions here, so am glad that c) is possible.

Kalan posted here (https://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=540&highlight=#540) on how it's done.

:)
MB

scytale2
September 1st, 2007, 18:06
Great - done!

Griogre
September 2nd, 2007, 05:13

When you make an adventure module you can also just drag and drop the tokens you want included onto the bottom of the /export window. I played around with it some but don't really use it because it at one time dumped all the tokens into the top of the token box. I don't think they fixed this.

Honestly, it may not matter of the tokens being in the top box if you attached them to the personalities so you don't have to open the token box.

Putting the token folder in the campaign is better because you have more control on the folder setup.

FlatNineSharpFive
September 2nd, 2007, 05:30
j) Better pen-tablet support for drawing. This would include multiple brush sizes, multiple colors, better pressure sensitivity, and a sensitive eraser (that could also be used to delete fog of war).

Griogre
September 2nd, 2007, 05:41
What I want for Christmas is for unmasking and and drawing on module maps to be remembered. I also want have the pan button not draw a line pointer when I try to pan - that bug drives me nuts.

richvalle
September 2nd, 2007, 07:34
I want the d20 init tracker to work like it does in the Savage Worlds ruleset. The tracker window is shared, but the players only see part of the information, the rest is hidden.

Oberoten
September 2nd, 2007, 07:34
Better drawing tools. Something to draw rectangles and straight lines would go a LONG way towards making me happy, and also to make me do more maps "on the fly"

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2007, 08:59
The ability to play sound effects (not voip)
Better fog of war with moveable light sources
Multiple token layers, with the abilty to lock tokens non moveable.

:D
MB

zifnab69_fr
September 2nd, 2007, 09:06
- The ability to creat map sub folder.
- The ability for client to preserve shared maps or items from one session to the other

Tropico
September 2nd, 2007, 14:40
- Map-tile laying... *cries* I want this so much. I don't care about the other stuff... for me, FG2 would be perfection made software if it had map-tile laying.

Hamish
September 2nd, 2007, 18:49
I want the d20 init tracker to work like it does in the Savage Worlds ruleset. The tracker window is shared, but the players only see part of the information, the rest is hidden.

Hmmm, just wondering. Would it be legal for me to purchase the Savage Worlds ruleset and then copy the combat tracker code to my customized d20+ ruleset. I'm thinking..... yes?

scytale2
September 2nd, 2007, 21:27
- Map-tile laying... *cries* I want this so much. I don't care about the other stuff... for me, FG2 would be perfection made software if it had map-tile laying.

What do you mean?

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2007, 21:49
What do you mean?
I think he means like what snikle is doing here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/showpost.php?p=19870&postcount=49) with MapTools.

:)
MB

Tropico
September 2nd, 2007, 22:34
I think he means like what snikle is doing here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/showpost.php?p=19870&postcount=49) with MapTools.

Yes indeed, I guess you could also call it "globally lockable background tokens"..
it's hard to find an short accurate name for it that everyone 'gets'.

scytale2
September 2nd, 2007, 23:19
Yes, well that would be a very nice "dungeon design" feature. But also would be ideal for those "on the fly" encounters, which happen often, where you need a bit of terrain and a few features.

Yep - good idea.

Toadwart
September 3rd, 2007, 02:07
Hmmm, just wondering. Would it be legal for me to purchase the Savage Worlds ruleset and then copy the combat tracker code to my customized d20+ ruleset. I'm thinking..... yes?

Try asking DigitalAdventures directly dude: https://www.digitaladventures.net/contact.htm

richvalle
September 7th, 2007, 15:57
c) This can be done now.
d) /reload will do it for you.
i) Torch effect to create a "real" fog of war.
What we have now is a MASK that you delete slowly in parts.
A fog of war IMO is more something that will move with some tokens (the characters for exemple) to reveal the map in regions like richvalle said.

I thought I had tried /reload for tokens and it didn't work.

A new 'I want for xmas'.... Though this is probably not possible from SW as it might fall to close to automating combat for them.

Last night my group was fighting a Fiendish Elder Earth Elemental that had dr 10/-. There was no easy way for me to drag and drop damage onto the wounds with this. I could either drag and drop and then click up 10 points, subtract 10 points from their damage roll in my head and manually add it to the wounds by clicking up or retyping the number in.

The above works but its slow. I was actually kinda impressed with how fast the combat was going at 12th level and characters rolling all 4 attacks (damn Haste!) at once with hotkeys and blasting off the damage with hot keys as well. But then it slowed down as I took care of the damage.

I was thinking there could be a line on the Combat Tracker to enter a DR number and a check box to toggle it on and off. If toggled on it auto removes the DR number from the damage as you drag and drop it. It toggled off it does not. This will take care of those DR 10/Magic type creatures.

rv

Griogre
September 7th, 2007, 17:28
Yeah, something for DR would be great as well as energy resistance. I had the same problem the other day.

Ram Tyr
September 7th, 2007, 19:11
I was thinking there could be a line on the Combat Tracker to enter a DR number and a check box to toggle it on and off. If toggled on it auto removes the DR number from the damage as you drag and drop it. It toggled off it does not. This will take care of those DR 10/Magic type creatures.
I do not believe this would run afoul of the interactive game restriction in the d20 license. (I admit I have not reread it recently.) So, perhaps the devs will pursue the idea. It seems simple enough.

If not, I am fairly certain this could be done in a different way that satisfies the d20 license.

Later.

scytale2
September 7th, 2007, 19:51
Yeah, something for DR would be great as well as energy resistance. I had the same problem the other day.

Yes I agree with this too, especially for player barbarians...

Tokuriku
September 8th, 2007, 15:01
DR would be great for a ruleset that I'm working on since DR is always applied with any type of armor. What I did was put the DR on the combat tracker and when I put the damage on the hit ponts to reduce them, I then drag the DR anmd give that much back to the creature. At least I'm down to 2 easy and fast steps but a way to do it automatically with a checkbox like specified above would be nifty.

Blue Haven
September 8th, 2007, 15:24
What i want for Christmas...
a) Someone fix the crap ups mega crap updater so that i and the people that have this problem can play...
b)humm Stop creating things to get money and fix the crap you have...

Mellock
September 8th, 2007, 16:18
Ninja powers! :ninja:

richvalle
September 8th, 2007, 17:04
What are they creating to get money other then FG???

Unless you are confusing DA and FG?

rv

Thore_Ironrock
September 8th, 2007, 23:57
Edit:

Looks like I got my quotes confused ... sorry.

Would it be legal for me to purchase the Savage Worlds ruleset and then copy the combat tracker code to my customized d20+ ruleset. I'm thinking..... yes?

The code for the shared combat tracker in question, and any custom code found within Digital Adventures products, is copyrighted property and requires my permission to use. That said, you can use it as long as the material *is not* posted only for download. Doing so violates the copyright purchase agreement.

If you have any further questions on this Hamish, or anyone else has questions about code or anything else (especially legal questions) please email me directly.

Thanks,

richvalle
September 9th, 2007, 00:42
Hey Kevin!

I think we got our threads crossed... I did mention that it would be nice to get the combat tracker shared as it is in SW. I think this is what you are refering too.

The above (unless I"m mistaken) is about getting a Damage Reduction field working.

But I knew what you meant and thanks for the permission. :)

Have a good weekend.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
September 9th, 2007, 04:26
Hey Kevin!

I think we got our threads crossed... I did mention that it would be nice to get the combat tracker shared as it is in SW. I think this is what you are refering too.

The above (unless I"m mistaken) is about getting a Damage Reduction field working.

But I knew what you meant and thanks for the permission. :)

Have a good weekend.

rv

I've edited my last posting, sorry. Sleep deprivation can cause words and slashes to become mixed up sometimes. :)