PDA

View Full Version : Any News?

toastsniffer187
October 29th, 2021, 21:38
So any news and release of this "remastered" version of C&C or is it just kind of redoing the existing ruleset? Will it require a new purchase? Anyother relevant information maybe that I did not ask but you may know would be appreciated. Been holding out on starting a C&C game for some information.

damned
October 30th, 2021, 00:25
I would never "hold out" for a ruleset unless the devs have stated that its been submitted for QA. Otherwise its just... well it could be anywhere... or nowhere.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2021, 15:38
I have heard that they are working on it, and we've been doing some coordination. As @damned notes, we don't communicate any information on DLC until we have the files in-house, reviewed and getting them ready for release on the stores; since DLC developers are contracted and we don't have any control over their delivery time frames.

Regards,
JPG

toastsniffer187
October 31st, 2021, 16:44
Im more interested what exactly is IT? Like if I start a campaign in currently release of rulset am I going to need to the scrap and start over when this release happens? Like is it not going to be the same C&C I currently have bought or is it just going to be somthing like you buy and add on? And keep rolling

JohnD
October 31st, 2021, 16:55
You would be better asking these questions on the TLG Discord. I believe you'll be able to update an existing campaign to the new ruleset, but it is a one way trip.

Trueshaft
November 1st, 2021, 17:56
I asked that same question on the Discord and was told that stuff made for the current ruleset will still run on the rebuilt one. I wouldn't hold my breat on it though. Troll Lord is run by a couple of guys, and they seem to be working on a lot of things at once. As Stephen has joked on his Twitch streams, they run on "Troll Time". Earlier in the year, they'sd said they were shooting for an August release, mid-September at the most, and well...

lordmalachdrim
January 20th, 2022, 23:17
So it looks like the updated ruleset has been released on the Forge.

damned
January 21st, 2022, 00:07
Awesome great news.
Im not sure what is in the new rulebooks but many drag and drop features work with the current rulebooks.
Ill have to buy the new PHB soon and check it out.

lordmalachdrim
January 21st, 2022, 02:23
My group and I enjoy C&C but debating if I really want to rebuy these things or just move this to our face-to-face game and run something else with the online group.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2022, 02:56
My group and I enjoy C&C but debating if I really want to rebuy these things or just move this to our face-to-face game and run something else with the online group.
The new ruleset (currently free in the forge) will load the legacy modules. I think we need some more information on the exact direction of the new release and backwards compatibility with the legacy data. I would imagine that it will be backwards compatible, but the legacy products won't be updated for new FGU features - but this is only a guess.

damned
January 21st, 2022, 03:32
The old ruleset was an absolute steal and imo not sustainable at that price.

toastsniffer187
January 21st, 2022, 05:20
why were the old modules taken down? Like i am currently running A0-A9 but only purchased A1/2. Now if those books do not make it to the forge with haste my game that I promised to people on our forums here will be cut short and I wont be able to deliver what I said because FG took down the books.

hawkwind
January 22nd, 2022, 12:48
why is it for sale on the forge? why not in the normal shop where i can by it with paypal rather than buying a virtual currency first. I could understand the argument for the Forge gold when its for small price items but this is two books for twenty five dollars each?

lordmalachdrim
January 22nd, 2022, 12:56
The reason the Troll Lord gave (during one of their recent twitch streams) for having it on forge is that they have control of what gets put up and when. If it is on the normal store Fantasy Grounds chooses when to put it up and when to release updates

toastsniffer187
January 22nd, 2022, 13:22
those 2 books my understanding @hawkwind are also the full books and the ones in the FG shop were basically cut in half.

damned
January 22nd, 2022, 14:17
I think more Full Priced products will end up on the Forge over time.

Some of the pros are also cons and vice versa.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 23rd, 2022, 12:19
Wow that's great! But a question hit me here: I have to have the Forge version and then I would have two versions of C&C or will my old version be updated to the new version?

lordmalachdrim
January 23rd, 2022, 13:03
I'm seeing (regardless of which rule set I choose when creating a new campaign) all the old and new stuff mixed together in the modules, which is a yet another pain in the *** about this whole thing.

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2022, 14:52
Information can be found in the official announcement sticky thread at the top of the C&C sub-forum: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72292-2022-Release-of-Castles-amp-Crusades-Rule-Set-%96-Official-Announcements

ProfDogg
January 25th, 2022, 22:56
So I guess the big question is if we previously had all the original books in our library, what benefit is there to purchasing the duplicated Forge versions (present or future titles)?

lordmalachdrim
January 25th, 2022, 23:01
The issue is the old versions will not be updated so as FG releases updates they will at some point just stop working.

The new ones will continue to be updated to stay compatible with new updates of FG overall. I just wish that when you launched a game as the new version you didn't see all of your old items mixed in with the new when you were selecting which modules to open. I know it's only an issue when you are first starting a campaign but in a few years when I expect there will be a bunch of additional releases (some duplicates of the old books) it could be a real pain in the arse parsing through it and making you've only opened the correct ones and that you have all the player stuff from the old modules blocked so they don't open them in error.

Trenloe
January 26th, 2022, 17:56
I just wish that when you launched a game as the new version you didn't see all of your old items mixed in with the new when you were selecting which modules to open. I know it's only an issue when you are first starting a campaign but in a few years when I expect there will be a bunch of additional releases (some duplicates of the old books) it could be a real pain in the arse parsing through it and making you've only opened the correct ones and that you have all the player stuff from the old modules blocked so they don't open them in error.
They've probably done this to allow previous product owners to access the old modules they have. There'll probably be a time when they remove this flag from the ruleset to only use data tagged for the "CncRPG" ruleset (the name of the new ruleset). If you're interested, the tag in the ruleset is <importinfo> - https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996645499/importinfo