PDA

View Full Version : Alert for over-encumbrance

WinterSoldier7
October 22nd, 2021, 16:25
I just noticed that one of my PCs have been encumbered for a long time without neither I, the DM, or they even noticing.

Is it still the case that there is no alert/ limit for over-encumbrance? Is there an extension, perhaps?

If the answer is no, how does everyone else deal with keeping an eye out for it - other than drilling it into your players to always be mindful?

Thanks

LordEntrails
October 22nd, 2021, 16:59
Correct, no alert or restrictions in the core rulesets that I know of. Don't know f their is an extension though.

Remember, in general, FG doesn't enforce the rules :)

mattekure
October 22nd, 2021, 17:27
I just noticed that one of my PCs have been encumbered for a long time without neither I, the DM, or they even noticing.

Is it still the case that there is no alert/ limit for over-encumbrance? Is there an extension, perhaps?

If the answer is no, how does everyone else deal with keeping an eye out for it - other than drilling it into your players to always be mindful?

Thanks

If you are looking for an extension, there is one available on the DMsGuild https://www.dmsguild.com/product/358511/Fantasy-Grounds-5E-Auto-Encumbrance?affiliate_id=712946

full disclosure, I am the author :)

WinterSoldier7
October 22nd, 2021, 18:34
Excellent, will take a look, thank you!

I have other extensions that leaves a chat note when certain things occurred, so wondered whether there was some way to trigger a simple message when this is triggered. Would really help with tracking.

Thanks, both!