PDA

View Full Version : Help with feats that include an ability score increase

CraigTD
October 20th, 2021, 04:33
I can't find a discussion on this and have searched the forum and the wiki for the last hour - apologies if it's been answered elsewhere. I feel like it must have been but can't find any evidence of that so....

Does the 5e ruleset for FGU support feats like Fey Touched that grant an ability score increase in addition to other powers/effects?

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2021, 09:18
Yes, it should in most cases. The character wizard doesn't seem to pick up on the ones where there is a choice such as Observant but drag and drop does. I can't find Fey Touched in the PHB so it may be that wherever that comes from might need some revised wording if it isn't working for you

CraigTD
October 20th, 2021, 15:03
I can't find Fey Touched in the PHB so it may be that wherever that comes from might need some revised wording if it isn't working for you

Thank you! That does make sense. Fey Touched is from Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything - am I safe to risk an assumption that I can look at the formatting of a Players Handbook feat that boosts a stat and apply the same coding logic to something like Fey Touched that's not in the core?

LordEntrails
October 20th, 2021, 17:19
Thank you! That does make sense. Fey Touched is from Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything - am I safe to risk an assumption that I can look at the formatting of a Players Handbook feat that boosts a stat and apply the same coding logic to something like Fey Touched that's not in the core?
Usually. There might be exceptions to that though.

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2021, 17:36

Fey Touched gives you a choice of one from three abilities to boost. I'm not sure that the coding exists in the ruleset to give you such a choice.

CraigTD
October 20th, 2021, 18:35
Fey Touched gives you a choice of one from three abilities to boost. I'm not sure that the coding exists in the ruleset to give you such a choice.

I was thinking about that - I think I can get away with making a version of it for each choice, or just the one the player picks.