PDA

View Full Version : Forge not downloading items

rtrevino70
October 19th, 2021, 22:51
Hello,

I am currently trying to download Iceforge - 4 Taverns (free map pack) but I'm not getting it. I've been digging and I see that on my forge inventory I have 45 subscriptions, but once I press the check for updates button. it only shows that I have 42 subscriptions

is there way to force to redownload everything again?

Thnks!

jharp
October 19th, 2021, 23:29
This module seems to be tied to 5E. Create a new 5E project and see if you see it. You may also wish to go to your forge inventory area and see if it is hidden or others are hidden.

Moon Wizard
October 20th, 2021, 00:15
It's definitely set to be 5E only (just checked the data files); so it will only appear when running a 5E campaign.

Regards,
JPG

rtrevino70
October 20th, 2021, 03:52
Sorry forgot to mention I'm running a 5e campaign

Trenloe
October 20th, 2021, 12:54
Click the folder button in the top left of the FGU startup screen to open a file explorer window. Navigate to the vault directory and delete 8aee1422-2ecf-11ec-8c52-0050562be458.dat (this is the file for the module) then run an FGU update.

ddavison
October 20th, 2021, 14:04
I sent a message to the crafter to let them know to change it to Any ruleset.

Let us know if you see the .dat file in question as well.

Thanks.

rtrevino
October 21st, 2021, 00:41
Click the folder button in the top left of the FGU startup screen to open a file explorer window. Navigate to the vault directory and delete 8aee1422-2ecf-11ec-8c52-0050562be458.dat (this is the file for the module) then run an FGU update.

this is where it gets odd, actually I cannot find this UUID. I even deleted the vault folder and let it update and still nothing. I made sure that the extension is not disabled from my inventory

jharp
October 21st, 2021, 00:52
Maybe you are on the test channel? Launch FG. Go settings, go advanced, check your Build Channel.

rtrevino
October 21st, 2021, 04:32
Maybe you are on the test channel? Launch FG. Go settings, go advanced, check your Build Channel.

just checked it I am on the live channel

Trenloe
October 21st, 2021, 15:18
I made sure that the extension is not disabled from my inventory
Maybe try disabling it in the Forge, then do an update, and then re-enable in the Forge and do an update.

rtrevino70
October 21st, 2021, 15:26
so I am testing now and I get an error while trying to disable it.

something went wrong and the forge database is corrupted??

anyway, creator send me the tavern mod and I'm ready for my game tonight

Trenloe
October 21st, 2021, 15:28
so I am testing now and I get an error while trying to disable it.
Please provide full details of the error you're getting.

ju95
October 21st, 2021, 19:17
Looking into this, I can't seem to replicate it on my end. Please let me know if this is still an issue and what errors you are seeing.

ju95
October 22nd, 2021, 18:18
Actually, did you mean to report this issue for the account rtrevino, not rtrevino70? If so it should be fixed now. Please let me know if any other items can't be disabled or are failing to download.

rtrevino
October 22nd, 2021, 21:56
Actually, did you mean to report this issue for the account rtrevino, not rtrevino70? If so it should be fixed now. Please let me know if any other items can't be disabled or are failing to download.

YES!!

its working now, Thank you all for your input

marcocorry
December 27th, 2021, 00:28
I am very new to the Forge. I purchased (both Free offerings and items paid with Gold Coins) several titles a day ago and I am not sure how the files get downloaded to me. I have run the updates through Fantasy Grounds Classic and I am not seeing any of the files in my folders. The purchases are in my Inventory on the Forge, but the only buttons I see are Disable and Hide and Disable. No other actions are available. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

ju95
December 27th, 2021, 00:42
Forge only works with FGU, as classic is no longer receiving updates.

Kelrugem
December 27th, 2021, 10:31
Furthermore, even if you use unity, the extensions may not install into the /extensions but in the /vault directory :) The forge website does sadly not list anymore whether something installs in the extension or vault directory :) (but may hopefully come back :) )