PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E Monstrous Manual not loading

apeters89
October 18th, 2021, 01:45
When playing a particular module, FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds, the encounters in the module are not generating in the combat tracker. A pop up window appears saying that the 2E Monstrous Manual is not loaded. I have unloaded and loaded the Monstrous Manual several times, it is loaded, but the pop up still appears when generating monsters from the encounters. It seems to be only affecting the FRC2 module, as other modules have been tested (The Sword of the Dales, Marco Volo Arrival).

celestian
October 18th, 2021, 02:56
When playing a particular module, FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds, the encounters in the module are not generating in the combat tracker. A pop up window appears saying that the 2E Monstrous Manual is not loaded. I have unloaded and loaded the Monstrous Manual several times, it is loaded, but the pop up still appears when generating monsters from the encounters. It seems to be only affecting the FRC2 module, as other modules have been tested (The Sword of the Dales, Marco Volo Arrival).

You should report the module problem for FRC2 to support. Adventures should not require other modules in general, particularly the Monster Manual. I recall hearing this before but I thought they had fixed it. Make sure you are running the updated version at least.

apeters89
October 20th, 2021, 18:27
Well I contacted support and they said I should post the issue on Forum. Seems to be a run around.

celestian
October 20th, 2021, 18:37
Well I contacted support and they said I should post the issue on Forum. Seems to be a run around.

Content devs don't always read posts on forums. Support is suppose to contact them directly. I'd do it for you but I dont know the persons email to do it.

I will contact James with these details tho and hopefully that'll get things moving.

AlterZwerg
October 20th, 2021, 18:52
Can confirm the issue.
Seems like many of the encounters are linked to the NPCs from the MM, not the copies in the module.

NinkasiNinja
October 22nd, 2021, 02:16
It is an big issue that needs to be fixed. It sucks when it happens right in the middle of a planned session.

WishX
October 23rd, 2021, 19:10
I've also forwarded this on to James for his review. I expect there will be a fix rolled out in the near future.

dittotb
October 27th, 2021, 21:44
The update has been submitted. It might be included with next Tuesday's updates. Please inform me if there are any other issues.