PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Perren
August 30th, 2007, 14:05
Is there any way to upgrade from a Lite Membership to a Full member ship.

richvalle
August 30th, 2007, 14:47
Sadly, no official way.

Best you can do is buy the full version and then sell/give your lite version to one of your players.

rv

Perren
August 30th, 2007, 18:04
Sadly, no official way.

Best you can do is buy the full version and then sell/give your lite version to one of your players.

rv
You have got to be kidding me. Wow. I am going to have to start righting a couple of emails and see if I can get somthing going here. That just makes no sense.

Griogre
August 30th, 2007, 18:14
They pretty clearly state this as a policy in the FAQ here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_lice nse_3). Mostly for security I expect. It actually may change eventually with FG2's automatic updater.

richvalle
August 30th, 2007, 18:21
You have got to be kidding me. Wow. I am going to have to start righting a couple of emails and see if I can get somthing going here. That just makes no sense.

I THINK the issue is (though I've been berated for putting words into SW's mouth before...) is that they can't ungive you the lite license code. Once you have it you can always install FG with it.

Good luck with your quest!

rv

Dachannien
August 30th, 2007, 18:25
I think the problem is this: When you buy the lite version, you are given a lite key. The key works to activate the software to work as the lite version, and the fact that it's the lite version is contained within the key itself. So, if you want the full version, they have to give you a different key. That means that you'd have both a working lite version key and a working full version key, even though you only paid what the full version costs.

I suppose they could deactivate the lite version key at that point, but all that would do is prevent you from getting updates (and they haven't released an update in months now). You'd still be able to use the key, and the lack of updates wouldn't be a problem since somebody could just send you the needed files.

Edit: Jeez, that's twice in a row that my post became redundant while I was typing it ;)

richvalle
August 30th, 2007, 18:38
You gotta type faster Dachannien!! :)

rv

Griogre
August 30th, 2007, 18:52
Yah gotta type fast to beat rv. ;) LOL.

Perren
August 31st, 2007, 13:47
ok then I guess i will have to buy the full version seperatly then. i think its just there way of trying to make more money. :-D

richvalle
August 31st, 2007, 14:18
ok then I guess i will have to buy the full version seperatly then. i think its just there way of trying to make more money. :-D

Not really. Its just a licence scheme that doesn't work for upgrades.

Really they won't make any more $$ because you'll either sell or give your lite one away to a player.

Good luck!

rv

Hamish
August 31st, 2007, 15:36
Actually (IIRC), giving the Lite version away or selling it after you have used it (even once) was a breach of the license agreement.