PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty in loading Server Lists.

Greywolf70
October 14th, 2021, 19:52
I am having difficulty loading servers in Unity. I am trying to login into a game and it will not load any of the servers, it says "Unable to update session list from lobby server"

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2021, 19:55
Welcome to FGU.

Make sure that you have an exception for Fantasy Grounds in your anti virus software and then there's nothing on your router such as flood protection or parental controls active.

Greywolf70
October 14th, 2021, 20:01
I used Unity on Sunday and was fine the only thing that changed between then and now was an update I DL'd today when logging In? I currently have Version 4.1.10

PeregwynFG
October 14th, 2021, 20:02
I am also having this difficulty. I connected yesterday without any problems, but cannot connect today. On the page screen before connecting, at the top left it says Lobby: No connection. If I click the Connect button, it does not.

Pammikins
October 14th, 2021, 20:46
I'm having the same issue. I sent in a ticket to support. Already tried restarting application, computer, checked antivirus settings.

Greywolf70
October 14th, 2021, 20:49
Same Pammikins on restarting every thing. I was just thinking of Deleting Unity and redownloading it. I was hoping they can give me an easier fix before then.

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2021, 20:50
If you are having issues with this can you please attach your log files to your posts so the devs can perhaps diagnose any issues. See here for how to do that https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs

Trenloe
October 14th, 2021, 20:59
A few steps to try (but if you still have issues please upload the files that Zacchaeus mentions).

1) Go to the "Join Campaign" screen - do you see any games listed in the "Join Cloud Game" section? If not click the "Refresh" button.
2) Even if you don't see any games listed in #1, if you know your GMs name, enter that in the "Join By GM Name" fields and click start - does that connect you?

Greywolf70
October 14th, 2021, 21:00

Trenloe
October 14th, 2021, 21:05
Please collect the whole logs - Zacchaeus provided a link giving details of how to do this.

Greywolf70
October 14th, 2021, 21:06
Trenloe thank you, I have tried both of those options. Unfortunately I can not refresh due to button not being active but greyed out and can not click on it. When i click on GM's game from history panel it gives the message "Unable to check lobby server for unavailable Cloud Servers".

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2021, 21:10
I think the devs will need the more detailed logs from Settings > Troubleshooting > Gather logs.

PeregwynFG
October 14th, 2021, 21:19
It's working now for me. I rebooted, but was still unable to connect. Left it for a bit and now I am able to start up my campaign again. Assuming you guys did something, it's worked. If not, it spontaneously started working.

Pammikins
October 14th, 2021, 21:20
It was finally able to connect, shrugsies. Time to prep for Sunday's game! Thanks

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2021, 22:55
We did not have any reports of the lobby server being down from our monitoring service, and it does not seem like it was a general issue for everyone.

It was probably some sort of Internet issue, somewhere between your Internet provider and our hosting service; that cleared up after the affected vendor fixed their network.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
October 14th, 2021, 23:03
It was finally able to connect, shrugsies. Time to prep for Sunday's game! Thanks
In case you weren't aware - you can still prep when you can't connect to the lobby service - all of your campaign data is stored on your local computer.

Greywolf70
October 15th, 2021, 17:40
Before what ever was fixed, I just deleted the Smiteworks folder and redownloaded Unity to repair it and all works fine now. Thanks to everyone for their help.

QuantumSin
October 15th, 2021, 18:41
In case you weren't aware - you can still prep when you can't connect to the lobby service - all of your campaign data is stored on your local computer.

When I try to load my campaign, it says "Unable to check lobby server" and only has a Cancel button. How can I prep without it loading? I have submitted a ticket with the compiled logs.

Sulimo
October 15th, 2021, 18:50
Choose LAN instead of Cloud when you load your campaign:
https://i.imgur.com/aSuTHkM.png

Just remember to set it back to Cloud when your actual game is set to take place.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2021, 18:50
Set the game to LAN mode and you should be able to load your campaign even if you can't connect to the lobby.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2021, 18:51
When I try to load my campaign, it says "Unable to check lobby server" and only has a Cancel button. How can I prep without it loading?
Briefly change the campaign Server Type from Cloud to LAN. This will allow you to start your campaign and do your prep. You can change it back to Cloud when you're ready to play.

Moon Wizard
October 15th, 2021, 21:24
@QuantumSim,

Can you open a command prompt on your computer; and run a command ("ping lobby.fantasygrounds.com") and let us know the results?

Also, make sure to check your Windows Defender (and any other security software installed) to make sure that FantasyGrounds.exe is specifically allowed to access the Internet.

Regards,
JPG