PDA

View Full Version : Error exiting Savage Worlds campaign

GoOrange
August 30th, 2007, 13:15
I just installed the SavageWorlds ruleset. Everything seems to work fine except when I exit the FG2 program, at which time I get a "FantasyGrounds.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" error. Doesn't happen with the standard ruleset or one of my own sets, just the new SW.

Any information I put into the campaign seems to be saved properly, so it only appears to be a minor nuisance, but I thought I'd report it regardless.

-Jeff

Kalan
August 30th, 2007, 13:29
What modules did you have open at the time? There is a known bug with Adventure modules (which is a flaw with FG and not the SW ruleset).

Information on the bug is found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6750

GoOrange
August 30th, 2007, 13:51
At the time I had the SW adventure "Against the Orcs" open. It would crash upon exiting when the adventure was open.

I tried closing the module and restarting the campaign, but it would continue to crash.

I started a new SW campaign and did not open the adventure module, and did not get the error upon closing.

Sounds like it could definitely be related to the adventure then. Easy enough to fix.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thore_Ironrock
August 30th, 2007, 13:55
When reporting crashes or bugs for all of our products, please be sure to email DA product support (info in the README file). We may not see your posting to the forums. Also include:

1) Screen shot of the error, if possible.

2) The *exact* circumstances of the issue, modules open, down to the mouse-click step by step

3) Was the issue repeatable with a new session?

Remember that in some cases there are FG bugs out there that could cause the issue (as mentioned by Vince above), as well as possible issues with your installation.

Thanks!

joshuha
August 30th, 2007, 13:56
This is a FG bug and will happen with any adventure module. The easy way to fix it is go ahead and create a new blank entry in Stories/NPCs/images/etc. You can delete them after you are done and you should never have to worry about it again.

The bug is that FG doesnt create any default categories until that is done. So what happens is the adventure module creates the default category but FG doesn't like that when you close. It's easily duplicated with the default d20 ruleset as well.

GoOrange
August 30th, 2007, 14:09
This is a FG bug and will happen with any adventure module. The easy way to fix it is go ahead and create a new blank entry in Stories/NPCs/images/etc. You can delete them after you are done and you should never have to worry about it again.

That fixed it.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I wasn't aware of the module bug until now.

-Jeff