PDA

View Full Version : Four New Products to Play Savage Worlds Online!

Thore_Ironrock
August 30th, 2007, 04:15
Digital Adventures and Pinnacle Entertainment Group present four new product conversions for Fantasy Grounds II:

• Savage Worlds Core Book Ruleset (with the adventure Against the Orcs)
• Savage Tales: Noble Deceit
• Savage Tales: Zombie Run
• Savage Worlds Evernight Tokens

These products are all you need to get started playing Fantasy Grounds online with friends across the globe. These products are available for Download at Digital Adventures' Online store, Smith and Robards Online Store (coming soon), and via OneBookShelf affiliates.

Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II
Download Price: $12.00

Our Fantasy Grounds II update to this award-winning RPG product is now available! Everything, and we mean everything, you need to play Savage Worlds is now built directly into our updated interface: card dealing initiatives, wild dice, a card dealing combat tracker that is shareable with the players, and drag-and-drop dice directly from the character sheet are now possible with this Fantasy Grounds II upgrade!

Welcome to a revolution in gaming—Savage Worlds—a merger of the best ideas in role playing and miniature games! What’s so revolutionary? We’re glad you asked!

• It’s Fast! Savage Worlds is the fastest and easiest fully-detailed roleplaying game you’ll ever play! You can fight out massive battles quickly and easily—with your heroes’ allies and minions—in one simple, fast-playing system!

• It’s Furious! Characters gain awesome new abilities quickly, raising their attributes and skills and gaining powerful and exciting new Edges!

• It’s Fun! Savage Worlds was designed to be a Game Master’s dream! GMs can write adventures, create new villains and monsters, and run epic tales, all without lots of bookkeeping. And you won’t need computer programs, three rule books, and a half-dozen setting books to do it. You’ll find everything you need right here and in the Savage Setting of your choice!

• It’s also a Miniatures Game! Savage Worlds works as a miniatures battle game as well as an RPG. That means you can fight out your heroes’ epic battles to save the world right on the table-top! Or you can play a competitive battle with troops of your own design!

• It’s Complete! Savage Worlds was designed to be used with any genre—from swashbuckling pirates to superheroes and sci-fi. Inside you’ll find complete and simple rules for epic heroes, vehicles, chases, magic, superpowers, mass battles, skirmishes, and even guidelines for designing your own races and worlds!

... and now with the Savage Worlds Ruleset you can play this fast-paced game online using the virtual desktop software Fantasy Grounds II!

What is include in The Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II:

• All of the rules presented in the Savage Worlds core product, converted to easy-to-access links on your Fantasy Grounds desktop.

• An already converted adventure module, AGAINST THE ORCS, complete with maps and tokens and ready for play!

• Easy to follow instructions for the Savage Worlds players and game masters unfamiliar with Fantasy Grounds, and how to use the Fantasy Grounds software for special SW game mechanics.

Those that purchased the Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds v1.05 will be receiving an email with a free upgrade to this product.

Savage Tales for Fantasy Grounds II: Noble Deceit
Download Price: $5.00

Strange events are going on in the city of Brinskurn. A holy sword has gone missing from the local monastery, and the Duke has put out the call for brave adventurers to find it. Who has stolen this artifact, and to what end? The heroes are about to be drawn into a web of deceit and betrayal where everything is not as it seems... Noble Deciet is a 36-page fantasy adventure, converted to Fantasy Grounds II, for a party of 4-6 Novice Rank characters. This one has it all! It's a dungeon crawl in the classic sense, but with a great backstory,

Savage Tales for Fantasy Grounds II: Zombie Run
Download Price: $5.00

In the vein of "Dawn of the Dead" (R) comes Zombie Run! Your band of heroes must venture across America in the wake of a zombie outbreak. Survival is the first order of business, and the weird people, places, and things you'll meet along the way aren't often going to help. Zombie Run includes detailed scrounging tables, a mini-campaign suitable for many nights' adventures, and an epic conclusion that should prove a real "blast" for the whole party! Zombie Run is a 42-page modern day adventure for Savage Worlds, converted to Fantasy Grounds II. Characters can start at Novice Rank or higher as decided by the GM. Zombie Run was written by Jonathan Pierson, and illustrated by Rico Pollard and Niklas Brandt!

Savage Worlds Evernight Tokens for Fantasy Grounds II
Download Price: $3.50

These awesome full-color tokens contain 35 different actual figures, including giant monsters like the stompers and of course all the character archetypes. That gives you almost every single character or creature listed in in the Evernight setting book for Savage Worlds! These tokens are fantasy-based, and can be used with any fantasy setting.

Buy these products at Digital Adventures Online Store at:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/

These products have been created for use with Fantasy Grounds II, and were developed with the latest updates for Fantasy Grounds II, so please update your installation accordingly. These products will not work with any other version of Fantasy Grounds. For information on product updates and upgrades visit our website at: www.digitaladventures.net.

These Savage Worlds products were written for the Fantasy Grounds II software from SmiteWorks. For more information on products from Pinnacle Entertainment Group visit their website at https://www.peginc.com. For more information on Fantasy Grounds see their website at https://www.fantasygrounds.com. These products are Copyright 2007, Pinnacle Entertainment Group & Digitial Adventures, LLC. Used with permission from Pinnacle Entertainment Group. The products' format, programming code, and presentation is copyrighted by Pinnacle Entertainment Group and Digital Adventures, LLC. Redistribution by print or by file is strictly prohibited.

Enjoy!

Tropico
August 30th, 2007, 12:49
This is awesome, thanks Kevin :D Been waiting for this..

Sorontar
August 30th, 2007, 13:17
Woot , Savaged :D

Thore_Ironrock
August 30th, 2007, 13:21
Woot , Savaged :D

In case you didn't know, Savage Worlds does have an "official" sponser.

https://www.savagenergy.com/

Everyone needs two or three of these before every SW game. :)

Enjoy!

Perren
August 30th, 2007, 13:59
Looks Pretty Cool

Waldo Pepper
August 30th, 2007, 15:59
And the Savages rejoice! :D

GoOrange
August 30th, 2007, 16:06
I'm declaring today an official Savage holiday.

May your day be fast, fun and furious!

kamawell
September 1st, 2007, 00:22
Those that purchased the Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds v1.05 will be receiving an email with a free upgrade to this product.

I think you said you were waiting on a list of purchasers from DTRPG so it's not that I'm hassling you :) but do you have any idea how long before upgrades are made available? I'm tempted to buy the new version but I'd rather save my money for a couple of the scenarios!

Thore_Ironrock
September 1st, 2007, 02:07
I think you said you were waiting on a list of purchasers from DTRPG so it's not that I'm hassling you :) but do you have any idea how long before upgrades are made available? I'm tempted to buy the new version but I'd rather save my money for a couple of the scenarios!

I sent you a private message kamawell. Those comp coupons were sent out.

richvalle
September 1st, 2007, 04:14
Ok, I have no idea (well, very little idea) how to play Savage Worlds... but this ruleset is WAY cool!

There is a card dealer. Looks like one of those boxes that you see in movies where they pull cards out for blackjack. When you put guys on the init tracker and cycle though it auto deals them cards and sorts them into the right order.

It has exploding dice that I got to see by clicking on Wild Jack to get Wild Dice.

Very nice work guys! Now I just need to play the game. :)

rv

Sorontar
September 1st, 2007, 10:58
This may have just taken over from the Eberron campaign that I have been planning for the last 12-18 months as the next game I run in tabletop, I'll just use FG downstairs with 2 PCs :D

Kalan
September 1st, 2007, 13:13
If you like the Eberron setting - there is one available for Savage Worlds called Runepunk which is VERY similar in feel and style ;)

Not to push you over the top or anything :bandit:

scytale2
September 1st, 2007, 16:53
Is there anyhere you can actually see the tokens before purchase - or see a list of them, with a few samples?

Kalan
September 1st, 2007, 21:11
You mean the evernight tokens? Not sure to be honest...as its based on the Evernight Figure Flats package from PEG Inc they might have pictures up on their site :)

ProfMarks
September 1st, 2007, 22:07
I'm wondering if anyone at the DA site could answer my question about multiple licences.

I would like to purchase the SW ruleset for my gaming group but am unclear how best to do it. I would like the process to be as painless as possible for my group and want to do the leg work myself.

Is there a way to buy the package on my account and have them download the individual clients etc?

richvalle
September 2nd, 2007, 01:16
I'm not with DA but...

You should be the only one that has to buy the SW ruleset to run the game. When the clients connect they will download a subset of the rules in order to play the game. They won't get access to as much of the rules as the DM side has.

I've had several people connect to my while I run the SW ruleset so they can check it out. It will take a while to download.. 10 min or so I think depending on connection speeds. Definatly something you'll want to do before you start your first game.

Good luck!

rv

richvalle
September 2nd, 2007, 01:19
Oh yeah, one more thing that is WAY cool about the ruleset. So cool in fact that I think it needs to be made standard in the d20 ruleset!

When you start counting up the rounds on the combat tracker it shares the tracker with the players! They can see the init order and where eveyone falls on it. They can even see everyones wound status.

But they cant see the hit bonus or whatever other stuff that the DM has on his side. That information is hidden.

Thats just great!

rv

joshuha
September 2nd, 2007, 01:22
I'm not with DA but...

You should be the only one that has to buy the SW ruleset to run the game. When the clients connect they will download a subset of the rules in order to play the game. They won't get access to as much of the rules as the DM side has.

I've had several people connect to my while I run the SW ruleset so they can check it out. It will take a while to download.. 10 min or so I think depending on connection speeds. Definatly something you'll want to do before you start your first game.

Good luck!

rv

That is sort of correct. Players will need to purchase the ruleset if they want access to the players rules file. This was part of the licensing agreement with PEG but otherwise players connecting to a SW game can still create characters and play, they just don't get access to the rules (or the nifty drag and drop Skills/Edges/Hindrances/Powers).

joshuha
September 2nd, 2007, 01:25
Oh yeah, one more thing that is WAY cool about the ruleset. So cool in fact that I think it needs to be made standard in the d20 ruleset!

When you start counting up the rounds on the combat tracker it shares the tracker with the players! They can see the init order and where eveyone falls on it. They can even see everyones wound status.

But they cant see the hit bonus or whatever other stuff that the DM has on his side. That information is hidden.

Thats just great!

rv

Yep, it took awhile to get that working correctly. Also note for non-wild cards it shows their parry/toughness for easy remembering for the PCs.

Digital Adventures is working on an enhanced d20 ruleset that we are taking the best enhancements from our products (and some new ones) that will go above and beyond the basic d20 interface but still be compatible with the upcoming Completed SRD modules.

Sorontar
September 2nd, 2007, 02:24
Is there some reason gear isn't drag and drop in the various rulesets?

richvalle
September 2nd, 2007, 03:02
That is sort of correct. Players will need to purchase the ruleset if they want access to the players rules file. This was part of the licensing agreement with PEG but otherwise players connecting to a SW game can still create characters and play, they just don't get access to the rules (or the nifty drag and drop Skills/Edges/Hindrances/Powers).

Ahhh! That would explain why my players couldn't open up the rules when connected as clients but I could. Ok, I thought it was a bug in FG. I'm sure that is explained somewhere in the FAQ that I haven't look at yet.

Thanks for the answer.

rv

joshuha
September 2nd, 2007, 04:14
Is there some reason gear isn't drag and drop in the various rulesets?

Well this is theoritically possible but making things drag and drop is a bit of work and requires reformatting of things. For instance, for gear you couldn't have the nice little tables, it would all need to be a list that opens a windowclass. Inside of that windowclass would be the shortcut to drag and drop it, then of course the character sheet has to be retooled to accept this.

Now, imagine the lists of items and doing all of the above for each one (as any differing stats you need are seperate windowclasses you have to program, so need one for armor, another one for weapons, etc.). It's possible but the question is it worth the effort and time to do so.

ProfMarks
September 2nd, 2007, 05:53
Joshuha,

Thank you for answering my question. How would I then, as the person who wants to buy the SW ruleset for four folks, do that for them. What do you recommend?

Griogre
September 2nd, 2007, 05:56

Thats just great!

rv

If you ever played the old d6 Cyber Yatzi, er... Shadow Run, d6 Star Wars or any of the White Wolf stuff then you know the basis of Savage Worlds. The difference is instead of changing the target number you just roll a bigger dice. IE the Target number is always a constant but sometimes you roll a d4 to make it, sometimes your roll a d12. In the other games you just rolled more dice to hit a tougher target as you got good.

Test drive PDF: https://www.peginc.com/Games/Savage%20Worlds/Downloads/SW%20Rev/TestDrive4.pdf

Andugus
September 3rd, 2007, 21:19
Now, imagine the lists of items and doing all of the above for each one (as any differing stats you need are seperate windowclasses you have to program, so need one for armor, another one for weapons, etc.). It's possible but the question is it worth the effort and time to do so.

I am not sure about others but if I could pay up to half the cost of the ruleset to have click and drag gear I would pay it. One of the biggest issues I have with Fantasy Grounds is the amount of time it takes to make characters accurate. The click and drag edge, hindrance feature rocks and I am hoping the changes to other skill and derivative stats are accurate. One thing I noticed that does not seem to work is the edge for appearance, the chr does not update. This has to be done manually.

joshuha
September 3rd, 2007, 21:58
Only base derived stats are programmed. All edges/hindrances that affect attributes do need to be adjusted manually. It was not technically feasible with the way FG works to do that in a manor that wouldn't have taken months just to program each edge in there and come up with all the possible exceptions/combinations.

richvalle
September 3rd, 2007, 22:34
I actually like the way FG works this way. It makes it a non issue to add new feats or houserule the feats that already exist. Yes, you have to manually adjust stats or whatever, but you don't have to go mucking around in code to change things.

rv

Sgain
September 13th, 2007, 16:40
What about weapon damage using Way of the Brave damage rules; multiple dice for damage added together? Also I can't seem to find an easy way to give monsters damage for their attacks, is there some way I can embed their damage on their charts?
Other than that I'm very impressed with both FG and the SW addon. The initiative tracker is very well done and I'm actually going to try using it in my PnP game to see how my players respond to it.

Kalan
September 13th, 2007, 16:59
The SW ruleset is setup to handle WoTB damage system for the PCs, all you need to do is drag/drop the appropriate dice into the fields.

As for NPC entries - we'll look into it :) What you can do in the meantime, is create a Hotkey to roll the damage dice when needed - just drag/drop the information onto one of the hotkey slots (I would Drag the entities Strength to a box, drop the appropriate weapon dmg die onto, then rename the slot for damage).

Hope that helps!

Thore_Ironrock
September 14th, 2007, 15:24
Please refer to this post if you own the Savage Worlds Ruleset:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7208