PDA

View Full Version : Player got a new PC, can't download files

pfworks
October 10th, 2021, 18:19
One of my players got a new PC, now his client just sits on "Acquiring File List" until it disconnects. It just keeps trying to download the same png files every time he reconnects. If we hook up the old PC, it works fine. The new one is running Win11.

Zacchaeus
October 10th, 2021, 18:25
As mentioned on Discord; check that the player has exceptions in place in their Anti Virus software for the FGU installation and data folders, Check that they don't have flood protection or parental controls active on their router. Check that their ISP doesn't have some overriding security software in place.

If the above has all been checked and eliminated from the equation then post your and the players log files - see here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs. You mentioned also on Discord that the player was on Windows 11. This might be an issue but the log files might have some indication that is the case. However without further details it is difficult to speculate on what exactly the issue is.

pfworks
October 10th, 2021, 18:41
How do I get my log zip files to you?

Zacchaeus
October 10th, 2021, 18:51
Either send them to Customer support or attach them to a post here.

pfworks
October 10th, 2021, 18:56
I don't see an attach option here, so I emailed them.

Zacchaeus
October 10th, 2021, 19:10
I don't see an attach option here.

Click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom; then 'Manage Attachments'; then Browse; select the file and click Upload; then submit post.

Moon Wizard
October 10th, 2021, 23:54
I think I saw bits of this on Discord; and it sounds like the connection is being closed between the GM and player machines after some requests. Unfortunately, these scenarios are usually caused by something outside of the application closing the connection or blocking transfers.

There is a new Network Troubleshooting wiki article to help track down what might be the cause in the environment:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1981349889/Network+Troubleshooting

Regards,
JPG