PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy RPG

jaydarkson
October 10th, 2021, 03:10
Hello, I'm sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere though it didn't come up in any of my searches.

I was wondering if anyone was working on the Hellboy RPG ruleset (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manticgames/hellboy-the-next-chapter) (the 5e version from Mantic Games).

jaydarkson
October 8th, 2022, 18:09
Hello, I'm sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere though it didn't come up in any of my searches.

I was wondering if anyone was working on the Hellboy RPG ruleset (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manticgames/hellboy-the-next-chapter) (the 5e version from Mantic Games).

I didn't want to create a new thread on this when I already started one. I was wondering if after a year if someone has worked on this?

LordEntrails
October 9th, 2022, 17:30
Not that I've heard of. But note that you do not need a ruleset to play any game. You can use CoreRPG or MoreCore as your ruleset and just build a character sheet in there that has all the fields you want to track. You'll have limited automation, but I've played using this method in a game of Star Frontiers for years and had no complaints.

jaydarkson
October 12th, 2022, 03:20
Not that I've heard of. But note that you do not need a ruleset to play any game. You can use CoreRPG or MoreCore as your ruleset and just build a character sheet in there that has all the fields you want to track. You'll have limited automation, but I've played using this method in a game of Star Frontiers for years and had no complaints.

That's what I'm doing in the meantime. I can understand that this system utilizes some odd mechanics; doom tracker, ingenuity, etc. so I'm going to see if I can figure out what to do in those regards.

LordEntrails
October 12th, 2022, 16:09
MoreCore as a lot of unusual die rolls and is a good place to look for such code. RulesetWizard is worth looking at if you are considering making your own ruleset.

mhorgunn
April 15th, 2023, 22:53

Is this the game that is based on the 5E engine?

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2023, 23:33
Is this the game that is based on the 5E engine?
Hellboy RPG? Yes, it uses 5E core to play.
Star Frontiers? No, it's a '80's TSR d100 game.